Mirage Playing Cards - Now Available!

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: Mirage Playing Cards - Now Available!

Unread post by Marcus »

I would venture to guess that the main reason why this edition is released now and not along with the first one is a financial reason. Patrick self funded the whole print by himself as far as I know, and that is a lot of money. With him being a working professional (magic consultant along with designer), I bet he could've gone through one print run if he would have been unable to sell out, but putting all that money on the line for two prints of a deck which he could not be 100% sure would sell would be quite a gamble. Now that the first run sold out (and not during an extremely long time period either) it makes sense for him to give it a go with a second color now that he has the funds from the first print-run having sold.

So, tl;dr I believe it comes down to not wanting to drop too much money (or simply being unable to do so) in one go.

Me, I'm personally already in line to pick up a few as I very much liked the first deck and want to support Patrick's projects. For a straight up collector perhaps a recolor isn't as interesting, but for me as a user it's a welcome release.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.