Devastation by Jody Eklund

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Bruno
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Devastation by Jody Eklund (1st September)

Unread post by Bruno »

Similar to the neat Will Rogers Case, but Better .... !
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

Jodyeklund - I like your red berry splashes. What would you call it? Your AoS has a lot of Red in it. I like it when ppl break the rules. Usually, the spade is 50% or more black.
Screenshot 2015-08-28 18.52.26.png
Screenshot 2015-08-28 18.52.26.png (320.18 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
Your faces seem a bit to rounded... Overall, so far this is a playable deck.
Screenshot 2015-08-28 18.52.55.png
Screenshot 2015-08-28 18.52.55.png (132.17 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
RussellSprouts
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by jodyeklund »

sprouts1115 wrote:Jodyeklund - I like your red berry splashes. What would you call it? Your AoS has a lot of Red in it. I like it when ppl break the rules. Usually, the spade is 50% or more black.
Screenshot 2015-08-28 18.52.26.png
Your faces seem a bit to rounded... Overall, so far this is a playable deck.
Screenshot 2015-08-28 18.52.55.png
sprouts1115 -- The "red berry splashes" is more of a blood staining. I didn't know there was a rule for the amount of black verses any other color actually. I always figure that the black suites and the red suits just need to be recognizable and I think the Ace of Spades has to be unique from all of the other face cards. Can you explain what you meant by the "faces seem a bit too rounded"? And, what would make this unplayable?
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

The Devastation Playing cards are set to launch tomorrow. The time is set for 10am MDT, 8am Eastern.

Here is the Kickstarter Page link. Please give me your feedback before I launch tomorrow in order for me to consider any changes that will need to be made. Thanks for your time and feedback ahead of time!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/91 ... n=5419b8cf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Sorry, I meant 10am MDT and 12pm EDT...Sorry about that!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Devastation by Jody Eklund now live on KS

Unread post by vasta41 »

While the leather case is beautiful I'm not much of an add-on guy so I just went with the 2 decks. But I can't wait for these! Actually I can't wait for the Innovation ones first...
Cbkimble
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Devastation by Jody Eklund now live on KS (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

I feel the same way Vasta. I got into collecting cards for the artwork and have really gotten into collecting uncuts. Unfortunately, they're about twice the price of the deck, sometimes more, but it gives a way to show off and see the artwork without opening the decks. I'm in for the 2 decks plus uncut for now. As much as I enjoy a LE, I understand for some collector's standard is all they want and need, I would rather see just one deck with all the bells and whistles than a basic deck and another with all the extras. Several artists are now doing this and I applaud them.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
ryansworld4
Decks Owned: 133

Unread post by ryansworld4 »

Decks look real cool, picked up the 2 decks with the case, not the biggest fan of the case, looks cool but I just want the decks, you get the more limited deck so I picked it up
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Unread post by ecNate »

ryansworld4 wrote:Decks look real cool, picked up the 2 decks with the case, not the biggest fan of the case, looks cool but I just want the decks, you get the more limited deck so I picked it up
Totally agree, but I had jumped on EB initially. Can't justify that added cost for a case I don't care about, a sig card & numbered is neat, but not $18 neat. So....

If anybody wants in on sold out Signature Series (Early Bird - $48) tier, one will be freed up at 6pm Eastern as I'll be moving to the $30 tier. Just a friendly heads up for the group here. ;)

Still looking forward to the deck and the tuck/back is especially 'nifty'.
othello

Unread post by othello »

Pledge for the limited set, loved the design!
Does anyone know if the signature on the signature card will be printed on or handwritten?
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

The Signature Card will be printed and will not be hand-signed. Logistically, it makes it very difficult to sign it myself. The Uncuts will be signed personally. The Uncuts will be shipped to me and then shipped separately from the other rewards.
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by sprouts1115 »

Jodyeklund - 2nd look. In your next deck, try to keep it 2 mins or less in the video. I think you should have made the blood stained the Limited deck. :ucstar: :ucstar: :nostar: Really like your pips and that elongated ten is very nice. I'm going to steal that... Your Jokers need a little work though. The simple solution is make the "J" red on the Red blood spattered Joker. It doesn't show on the other side... :D The red Joker needs to be identifiable near in a hand...
RussellSprouts
ryansworld4

ecNate wrote:
Totally agree, but I had jumped on EB initially. Can't justify that added cost for a case I don't care about, a sig card & numbered is neat, but not $18 neat. So....
I get ya, I do agree, but im gona hold on to these, this is the golden age of limited playing cards lol, I hope playing cards get more popular cause 500 decks isn't many and theres billions of people around the world, people will catch on, to me there a piece of art, think its a good investment, I hope!, the case is nice, like you I don't care for it
jodyeklund
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

EXCITING NEW EDITION TO THE DEVASTATION PLAYING CARDS!

Introducing the DEVASTATION COLLECTOR'S SERIES! This will be absolutely beautiful. The Collector's edition will include stunning red foil on a sturdy matte Red tuck with crisp embossing. A great edition to the series that you will not want to pass-up.
Only 500 of the Collector's Edition decks will be numbered! You can add-on as many decks as you would like, but the add-on's will not be numbered. Only the "EARLY BIRD: 1x COLLECTOR'S Series, 1x COLLECTOR'S Series, and the COLLECTOR'S Series-Nuclear Brick" reward tiers will be numbered. Make sure you get them fast or they will go before you know it!
THE REWARDS WILL BE POSTED TODAY AT NOON! Only 20 Early Bird rewards will be given out. They will probably go fast.
Attachments
KS-03-Deck03-COL.jpg
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

jodyeklund wrote:EXCITING NEW EDITION TO THE DEVASTATION PLAYING CARDS!

Only the "EARLY BIRD: 1x COLLECTOR'S Series, 1x COLLECTOR'S Series, and the COLLECTOR'S Series-Nuclear Brick" reward tiers will be numbered. Make sure you get them fast or they will go before you know it!
Just want to double check, but the statement above basically means that Collectors decks in the 2x and 4x COLLECTOR's series rewards will NOT be numbered...is this correct or a typo?
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
ashe

Unread post by ashe »

I think this was not planned properly and for those that wanted all the limited ed set for collectors it really bum'd us.
Maybe this should have gone into a separate kickstarter campaign
ryansworld4

ashe wrote:I think this was not planned properly and for those that wanted all the limited ed set for collectors it really bum'd us.
Maybe this should have gone into a separate kickstarter campaign
Totally agree, I switched and got the collectors edition, but I want the other limited deck to, oh well
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

Jody mentions in the comment section that he will try to fix things by offering new tiers with both number decks by tomorrow morning...let's keep our fingers crossed
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
ryansworld4

Thanks for the heads up Shermjack, didn't read in his comment section. I do have to say I really like the collectors box, and getting the Innovation box to will def look good together, look forward to future boxes.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

This came in today... Looks great. The signature card wasn't in the package.. Not sure if I missed that the card was no longer part of the pledge.. Sent Jody a note

Update: Looks like the signature cards are inside the deck... All good Jody Thanks for the reply
Attachments
13199486_817878241689567_1005961977_o.jpg
13184638_817878181689573_2012895526_o.jpg
samurai007

Unread post by samurai007 »

The 7, 8, 9, and 10 of Spades cards had the wrong font in all the decks. And it is not off by a little, it is glaringly obvious. How in the world did every proofreader/checker/printer, etc miss such a drastic difference on 4 cards? Oh well, it is still a very nice deck, just wish someone had spoken up somewhere and said "Are these numbers supposed to be a different font and almost twice the size of all the other numbers?"
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I got mine yesterday, too. Very nice! I never realized until I put them in my display how the LE version tuck looks very similar to T11's Medallions. I like the black/red contrast much better though- and what's inside!
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

samurai007 wrote:The 7, 8, 9, and 10 of Spades cards had the wrong font in all the decks. And it is not off by a little, it is glaringly obvious. How in the world did every proofreader/checker/printer, etc miss such a drastic difference on 4 cards? Oh well, it is still a very nice deck, just wish someone had spoken up somewhere and said "Are these numbers supposed to be a different font and almost twice the size of all the other numbers?"
I didn't order these, but would like to see what you're talking about. Can you post a picture? Or someone post of picture of these?
Azid

Unread post by Azid »

All 3 decks & the Collector's Box now available:
http://blackinkplayingcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greets, Azid
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I can't seem to find the complete list of who the court figures are. Since I will certainly not open my decks, is there anyone out there who knows who they are? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: watched the youtube review, all set! Surprised Oppenheimer isn't in there..
EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

TGunitedcardists wrote:
samurai007 wrote:The 7, 8, 9, and 10 of Spades cards had the wrong font in all the decks. And it is not off by a little, it is glaringly obvious. How in the world did every proofreader/checker/printer, etc miss such a drastic difference on 4 cards? Oh well, it is still a very nice deck, just wish someone had spoken up somewhere and said "Are these numbers supposed to be a different font and almost twice the size of all the other numbers?"
I didn't order these, but would like to see what you're talking about. Can you post a picture? Or someone post of picture of these?
Here's a photo I just took of the cards from my Devastation deck (limited edition) - note the size of the index numbers for the 7-10 of Spades compared with the rest of the suit:

It did come up in the comments on the Kickstarter here:

--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

EndersGame
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes

Unread post by EndersGame »

vasta41 wrote:Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I can't seem to find the complete list of who the court figures are. Since I will certainly not open my decks, is there anyone out there who knows who they are? Thanks in advance!
Is there a place online that explains the significance of each character, and why they were included in this deck?
--
BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame => Playing Card Reviews <=>Magic Reviews <=> Board Game Reviews <=

TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

EndersGame wrote:
TGunitedcardists wrote:
Here's a photo I just took of the cards from my Devastation deck (limited edition) - note the size of the index numbers for the 7-10 of Spades compared with the rest of the suit:

It did come up in the comments on the Kickstarter here:

Thanks for posting the image. A mistake like that, I believe is too big. I hope every backer got a discount instead of an, "I'm sorry." Or just reprinted those cards and sent them out, or a full reprint. Another reason, every creator, should post on this board to have the masses of people here take a look. The mistake would have been caught and everyone would have one. I don't understand why creators develop in a bubble.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Maybe we should have seen it on the KS page. I missed it as seen here.

They should be fixed in my opinion.
Move on, nothing to see here.