Bicycle 8-Bit by Home Run Games

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Strag
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Bicycle 8-Bit by Home Run Games

Unread post by Strag »

Just saw this pop up. Interesting deck design and theme, printed by USPC. One way backs tho.

[Changing thread title --hsbc, 2022-04-18]
Russell

Re: Bicycle 8-Bit - Live on Kickstarter

Unread post by Russell »

I would buy this if they all looked like the 'Hearts' suit.

I really want an 8-bit, RiderBack, nothing special deck. It wont happen, but that's what I want in an 8 bit deck. Not trees.
[Gambit]

Unread post by [Gambit] »

Russell wrote:I would buy this if they all looked like the 'Hearts' suit.

I really want an 8-bit, RiderBack, nothing special deck. It wont happen, but that's what I want in an 8 bit deck. Not trees.
I agree, the king of hearts looks great and nothing else really does it for me.
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

Minecraft style deck haha ... Sorry will give it a miss as its one way back
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Not quite my cuppa tea.. the whole thing just looks strange..
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

The one redeeming quality is the guy is only charging $6/deck (free shipping) so I'll pick up one none-the-less... it's a quirky/goofy deck.
neongrey

Unread post by neongrey »

Ah, I really like this, it's fun. The diamonds are super cute.
liuzihou

Unread post by liuzihou »

this reminds me of the recent movie "Wreck-it Ralph" , good movie, interesting deck !
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

They've changed the box

Made it a 2-way back

And they'll be adding a NES-like sleeve to it...

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

He is putting up some limited figurines ( 10 of them) today at 4pm eastern as an extra reward. They are limited he says so be prepared if you are into this kind of stuff

Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Is this person making it up as they go along?

Did they pay Bicycle for use of the logo on the custom deck sleeve?
Did they get approval for the 8-bit logo on the front of the tuck?
Why does the Jack of Diamonds (incorrectly) have 4 different sized pixels when the King of Hearts (correctly) only has 1?
malanthrax

Unread post by malanthrax »

I would get these. I like the overall look but I have to agree that the logo seems odd on that deck sleeve. I love the figurines however!
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

I say the guy just completely drops the Bicycle logo/branding all together... then he's truly free to do as he wants. Plus the bicycle logo doesn't really "jive" with the rest of his art (don't get me wrong though, I'm still picking up a deck).
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

MJF wrote:I say the guy just completely drops the Bicycle logo/branding all together... then he's truly free to do as he wants. Plus the bicycle logo doesn't really "jive" with the rest of his art (don't get me wrong though, I'm still picking up a deck).

I don't think this deck would have a chance without the Bicycle Logo.

Thanks!

Mike
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Wow you need to dish out $600 for one of those figurines and $80 for the other 2 quick quick before they sold out hehehehe
RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

I agree with Russell on the King of Hearts. It should be the base level for all of their Court Cards and seeing it on their Render of the "Zelda" Gold cartridge made me realize the Tuck Box should have a similar look. I whipped this up real quick but it could definitely look cooler than their current design. I haven't pledged for this deck but grew up playing Nintendo and Super Nintendo, so I would love to see them raise the quality. The Pac Man maze on the Back Design seems too dark for this deck also. Too bad they didn't reference a brighter 8-Bit classic like Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus or many others.

thanks, Randy
Attachments
8BitTuck.jpg
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Now that's a good looking tuckbox cover... apply metallic inks and you can achieve pretty close to the original texture of the gold NES cartridges. I like this much better than the chaotic box they've got now...
Naxx

Unread post by Naxx »

Reminds me of these playing cards. Zelda and Mario. They're bridge size though.

CLICK TO VIEW LISTING

CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

RandyButterfield wrote:I agree with Russell on the King of Hearts. It should be the base level for all of their Court Cards and seeing it on their Render of the "Zelda" Gold cartridge made me realize the Tuck Box should have a similar look. I whipped this up real quick but it could definitely look cooler than their current design. I haven't pledged for this deck but grew up playing Nintendo and Super Nintendo, so I would love to see them raise the quality. The Pac Man maze on the Back Design seems too dark for this deck also. Too bad they didn't reference a brighter 8-Bit classic like Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus or many others.

thanks, Randy

EDIT: I just realized. They obviously have access to a good 3d Program. They could Render out the current model they have for the Gold cartridge straight on, and with a little Photoshop cleanup it could work very nicely. The Gold would have some sweet reflections that just aren't easy to do in Photoshop in a convincing way.
I like this way better than what they have. Add the embossing and they would have a wiiner!
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

It's just about to pass the FUNDED mark.
CBJ

howty

Unread post by howty »

Hello everybody. It is Michael Scott the artist for the cards. It is fun to read comments about the deck and I am thankful for all of your input. We have been paying close attention to what everyone would like to see out of the deck. I think you'll all be excited with what we have coming up in the next couple of days. Thanks for your support.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Congrats on just hitting 100% funding.

You should seriously consider the tuck-box artwork above (looks like a gold NES cartridge)... Add some embossing, I garuantee you'd get a significant bump in pledges. :) You could even do one in regular black/grey (original cartridge color) and do a limited run of gold metallic ink embossed ones...

:)
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

howty wrote:Hello everybody. It is Michael Scott the artist for the cards. It is fun to read comments about the deck and I am thankful for all of your input. We have been paying close attention to what everyone would like to see out of the deck. I think you'll all be excited with what we have coming up in the next couple of days. Thanks for your support.

Congratulations Michael! Your cards have returned me to my childhood... And they are Bicycle... I cannot ask for anything more!

Best wishes

Max
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

howty wrote:Hello everybody. It is Michael Scott the artist for the cards. It is fun to read comments about the deck and I am thankful for all of your input. We have been paying close attention to what everyone would like to see out of the deck. I think you'll all be excited with what we have coming up in the next couple of days. Thanks for your support.
Welcome to the forum! I hope you guys take a serious look at Encarded's concept
CBJ

Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

CBJ wrote:
Welcome to the forum! I hope you guys take a serious look at Encarded's concept
Ditto!
No matter where you go... there you are :|
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

2nd Deck with new tuck, back and jokers announced.

Can add-on up to 3 decks if already backing before Monday for $12/1 $22/2 $30/3 (no additional shipping).
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

I think this gold deck is a winner!
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

Okay, is it just me or is it hard to believe that this group is going to put out 3 versions of a deck give a gold token to all backers along with a poker chip, along with all the shipping that comes with it for less the $22K? I have seen designers talk about needing to almost double up on their goal to release a second and they are working on a third.
I do not know the true cost involved in the printing side of this but to get even 3 runs of the 2500 minimum and include the magic finish on them seem a little out of line compared to the other KS decks out there. with over 650 backers so far the shipping is going to be every bit of $3K-$4K based on the accounts of the sellers on this group. just looking to be to good to be true in my eyes and getting bad feelings about this one. Plus the cost of the token and chips lets go low end 1.5K would leave about $2 to pay for each deck to be printed at a 2,500 print run on each. Although I think this is possible to hit at that level for each deck it would leave zero profit other than any extra decks that might be left over.
10-4 over and out
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

I am surprised how well this card has done on KS. Of course I do not expect every deck to do it for me but after things like Uusi and a few other KS releases I really look for art on cards. No doubt this did it for a lot of people and I am glad the creator had success but when I review KS and see what kind and how many decks are getting funded with such high numbers I scratch my head.
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

I think if it would have been just '8-bit' and not game themed it would have sold double. Too bad.