Texas from KWP -- FUNDED on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
chach
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Re: Texas from KWP -- FUNDED on KS

Unread post by chach »

CostlyAxis wrote:My Legacy decks arrived today in Texas, but I must say I'm very disappointed in the final product. The tuck and wooden box are great (love the magnets), but the cards themselves are "eh" at best. I went and opened one up to give the usual eyeing over and I've come up disappointed. The gilding is uneven and already falling off in several areas. Many of the cards have stains seeping well into their interior and some just straight up have gilding streaks (glitter-like) running through them. This gilding looks no different than what USPCC did in-house (before discontinuing). I decided to pull out some of my Uusi gilded decks just to compare and they're leagues apart in quality.

As a native Texan I'll be keeping the cards, but man, I wish the quality was there.

I like the improvement to the wooden case, but I was disappointed that when I opened it up to see that the tuck case was coming apart be a use the glue holding the bottom flaps had failed. Lots of money spent and he sends out a deck that's falling apart. :roll:

Been disappointed by JR too many times now, will only be getting base decks, maybe the occasional gilt edition from here out.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Eric Lee
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Korchma Taras Bulba

Re: Texas from KWP -- FUNDED on KS

Unread post by Eric Lee »

Socal has the Texas Premium deck on sale for only $17 here.

Great deal for those who missed this one. It's only $2 more than its original KS price of $15.