i have a question . . .

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
dazzleguts
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Re: i have a question . . .

Unread post by dazzleguts »

reckone1999 wrote:
alric wrote:
reckone1999 wrote:i just don't understand why these things are so vilified, other than their creators are less than honest.
That IS why they're so vilified, because the creators are douches. You accurately listed all their detestable behavior, then you say you don't understand why they are so detested? Take away who made and marketed the S&Ms, then all you have are pieces of paper.
which is exactly my point, i'm buying the pieces of paper, not the people who created them.

i mean let's be honest while they're guilty of being dishonest ever since back in the days when they told ellusionist that they would make the trilogy an E exclusive, and then went on to sell it on not only their own personal website, but every other that would buy it as well. a lot of companies are guilty of far worse.

i don't know if anyone was familiar with the high rate of suicide of people who were working in the China Iphone factory due to horrific working conditions, but it makes dan and dave look spiffy clean.

yet the majority of people still buy iphones.

or the inhumane way animals are kept in very confined spaces on modern farms, yet people don't bitch too much about that and continue buying food from them.

i guess my point is exactly what you said, they're pieces of paper, and whether or not i like them is what drives me to buy them, while the shady and often stupid practices of the people who make them is a distant concern for me. because as with the other examples i pointed out it's really small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

thomas edison while brilliant was an a hole, but i don't see anyone saying i'm not going to use lightbulbs anymore, that stupid jerk! lol ;)

I like that you pointed out Thomas E's a-holedom but buying something originally invented by someone long dead is different from supporting current damaging and exploitive business practices (no small potatoes in my opinion). I don't have an iphone and I don't eat meat for the personal ethical reasons you yourself mention. I have bought from the twins a couple of times but have since decided I don't want to support them either. It's a personal decision. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to live in North America without buying into something exploitive and/or unethical, but we can try.
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"
reckone1999

Re: i have a question . . .

Unread post by reckone1999 »

dazzleguts wrote:
reckone1999 wrote:
alric wrote:
reckone1999 wrote:i just don't understand why these things are so vilified, other than their creators are less than honest.
That IS why they're so vilified, because the creators are douches. You accurately listed all their detestable behavior, then you say you don't understand why they are so detested? Take away who made and marketed the S&Ms, then all you have are pieces of paper.
which is exactly my point, i'm buying the pieces of paper, not the people who created them.

i mean let's be honest while they're guilty of being dishonest ever since back in the days when they told ellusionist that they would make the trilogy an E exclusive, and then went on to sell it on not only their own personal website, but every other that would buy it as well. a lot of companies are guilty of far worse.

i don't know if anyone was familiar with the high rate of suicide of people who were working in the China Iphone factory due to horrific working conditions, but it makes dan and dave look spiffy clean.

yet the majority of people still buy iphones.

or the inhumane way animals are kept in very confined spaces on modern farms, yet people don't bitch too much about that and continue buying food from them.

i guess my point is exactly what you said, they're pieces of paper, and whether or not i like them is what drives me to buy them, while the shady and often stupid practices of the people who make them is a distant concern for me. because as with the other examples i pointed out it's really small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

thomas edison while brilliant was an a hole, but i don't see anyone saying i'm not going to use lightbulbs anymore, that stupid jerk! lol ;)

I like that you pointed out Thomas E's a-holedom but buying something originally invented by someone long dead is different from supporting current damaging and exploitive business practices (no small potatoes in my opinion). I don't have an iphone and I don't eat meat for the personal ethical reasons you yourself mention. I have bought from the twins a couple of times but have since decided I don't want to support them either. It's a personal decision. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to live in North America without buying into something exploitive and/or unethical, but we can try.
it wasn't the greatest example, but people were buying them back then. :D

oh and cheers to your ethical lifestyle. ;)