Purple Decks

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Atemus

Purple Decks

Unread post by Atemus »

Hi guys, I'm pretty new around here, this is actually my first post. I'm new to cardistry, which I've gotten into from having acquired a small collection of decks.

Since getting into this, my girlfriend has followed suit. And now I'd like to get her a nicer deck for christmas. Nothing has really jumped out at me, so I was hoping that you guys could point me toward something. I'd like something with a purple theme. Not just the backs if possible. A recolor/redesign on the face of the card, and preferably not just the courts. TO give you guys an example, Something along the lines of Tendril, or Brimstone, only in a more purple scheme would be ideal. However, all suggestions are welcome and I will look at whatever you guys suggest if I don't already know it.

TL;DR Suggest super artistic purple schemed decks.

Edit:I am familiar with Both Aurum and purple Artifice. I'm honest looking for something with great face art. If that fails I am prolly going to go with the Artifice, or the Ultraviolet.
Idle hands are bound for the damned
kc62002

Re: Purple Decks

Unread post by kc62002 »

purple artiface. !! :D
aurum deck!!
..that's all that came to mind at the moment
alric
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by alric »

Welcome to the United Cardists! If purple is the main criteria, the obvious answer (and maybe the only option) is the Purple Artifice deck from Ellusionist. Its great to have more females in cardistry, so be sure to give your girlfriend as much encouragement as possible and invite her to join up here at UC as well.

*edit* I see kc beat me to the punch!
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

Ultraviolet decks.
Not yet in public but kickstarter is ended.
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

NOC Purple
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
Eyeball

Unread post by Eyeball »

I'm going to second the Aurum deck's as it's my favorite purple deck currently on the market, and it has recolored/custom faces to fit the purple theme. Also if you're feeling extra nice you could get her one of the more limited versions of the deck ;).

Here's the link:
http://encarded.com/playing-cards/aurum.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope you figure out what to get her!
neongrey

Unread post by neongrey »

alric wrote:Welcome to the United Cardists! If purple is the main criteria, the obvious answer (and maybe the only option) is the Purple Artifice deck from Ellusionist. Its great to have more females in cardistry, so be sure to give your girlfriend as much encouragement as possible and invite her to join up here at UC as well.
If you want to be encouraging I can say that we often prefer to be called women. :) I don't want to open a can of worms by going into it, so I'll just leave it at that it's much nicer. :)

That being said, purple's my favourite colour but I too have trouble finding sufficiently custom decks in purple. RSLancaster would probably know-- he likes custom courts and iirc purple decks. I'd recommend Aurum first, and if you're not averse to decks that aren't purple, I'd recommend the Seasons decks as being immediately eye-catching; they drew me in right away.
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

I would recommend a whole set of NOC decks ( if you're looking for purple deck ) otherwise , maybe LTD deck will do as its a Christmas Season deck :D
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

neongrey wrote:
alric wrote:Its great to have more females in cardistry, so be sure to give your girlfriend as much encouragement as possible and invite her to join up here at UC as well.
If you want to be encouraging I can say that we often prefer to be called women. :) I don't want to open a can of worms by going into it, so I'll just leave it at that it's much nicer. :)
I meant no offense with the term female. My comment was referencing gender and I didn't want to be age-specific. "Woman" connotates a female older than the age of 18 (you wouldn't call a 12 year old girl a woman) and I didn't want to exclude anyone. I'd like to see more girls/young ladies/women/matrons/spinsters getting involved with cardistry. :D

Getting back on topic, let's stop recommending purple NOC decks. It may be purple, but I doubt that's what they're looking for. In addition to the Purple Artifice and Arum decks, I think another great option may be the purple Anglo deck.
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

There are also several bicycle branded deck with purple alone or mixed with other colors (mainly pink)
Atemus

Unread post by Atemus »

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys! This really made me take a second look at those decks, and I ended up getting her a set of purple and green artifice.
Idle hands are bound for the damned
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

There are a few other purple decks...

CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

Atemus wrote: I'd like something with a purple theme. Not just the backs if possible. A recolor/redesign on the face of the card, and preferably not just the courts. TO give you guys an example, Something along the lines of Tendril, or Brimstone, only in a more purple scheme would be ideal.

All that said and you decided to get Artifice decks? Booooo :lol:

Aurum is all custom, mainly purple, all fancy and glittery, come on my man, you gotta pick up a few for your lady. It couldn't be more perfect! :mrgreen:
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

Encarded wrote:
Atemus wrote: I'd like something with a purple theme. Not just the backs if possible. A recolor/redesign on the face of the card, and preferably not just the courts. TO give you guys an example, Something along the lines of Tendril, or Brimstone, only in a more purple scheme would be ideal.

Aurum is all custom, mainly purple, all fancy and glittery, come on my man, you gotta pick up a few for your lady. It couldn't be more perfect! :mrgreen:

Except for the price.

Thanks!
Eyeball

Unread post by Eyeball »

BMPokerworld wrote:
Encarded wrote:

Except for the price.

Thanks!
Hey now, when it comes to getting gifts for a lady, price shouldn't matter ;).
BMPokerworld

Eyeball wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:
Encarded wrote:

Except for the price.

Thanks!
True, but no point in OVERPAYING either.

Thanks!
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

BMPokerworld wrote:
Eyeball wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:
Encarded wrote:

Except for the price.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Sorry this is off topic, but I'm tired of hearing this.

We get it Mike, you think I'm just obscenely overcharging. But to stop you harping on it, let's do the math. Go to encarded.com, put 1 Aurum deck in your cart and ship it to the US. It's $15.95. Go to Dan & Dave, put 1 Ace Fulton in your cart, and do the same. It's $13.77.

So yes, my deck is $4 "more" on the face of it but only $2 "more" once you ship it. I think that a dead stock deck like a Fulton is worth $2 less than a completely custom deck like Aurum that has 3 metallic inks, redrawn courts, custom pips, gold foil, embossing, and custom die cuts in the box and I think most reasonable people would agree.

Sheesh. You also don't seem to get that independents like me don't have the volume, marketing clout and built-in fans that the big companies do. My cards are premium, custom, innovative, and very limited. They are boutique and special. I release two decks a year, not 10.

Find me a consumer product where every version, class and type in a certain market is the same price. Maybe in communist Russia in 1940 it was that way? But here, products cost different things because the producers and customers place different values on things. Imagine that!
Paul Carpenter

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
BMPokerworld

Encarded wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:
Eyeball wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:

Except for the price.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Sorry this is off topic, but I'm tired of hearing this.

We get it Mike, you think I'm just obscenely overcharging. But to stop you harping on it, let's do the math. Go to encarded.com, put 1 Aurum deck in your cart and ship it to the US. It's $15.95. Go to Dan & Dave, put 1 Ace Fulton in your cart, and do the same. It's $13.77.

So yes, my deck is $4 "more" on the face of it but only $2 "more" once you ship it. I think that a dead stock deck like a Fulton is worth $2 less than a completely custom deck like Aurum that has 3 metallic inks, redrawn courts, custom pips, gold foil, embossing, and custom die cuts in the box and I think most reasonable people would agree.

Sheesh. You also don't seem to get that independents like me don't have the volume, marketing clout and built-in fans that the big companies do. My cards are premium, custom, innovative, and very limited. They are boutique and special. I release two decks a year, not 10.

Find me a consumer product where every version, class and type in a certain market is the same price. Maybe in communist Russia in 1940 it was that way? But here, products cost different things because the producers and customers place different values on things. Imagine that!

Then stop bad mouthing other designers. That is all you have done. You did it with the Pedale deck and the Urban punk deck. The only reason you are charging so much is because you got greedy and saw that other people charged that much and you think you can get away with it. We all get you think you are god's gift to the playing card community when it comes to designing decks and I am sure you are probably wondering how we got along without you. Take a look at the vaudeville deck, a much nicer deck than yours in my opinion and no where near your price point. They have embossing and foil on the box just like you do. The only thing their deck doesn't have is metallic ink which only cost a nickel more per deck.

I have USPCC's custom price list, so I know what you paid for your deck. Oh of course, I forgot, you charge a million dollars an hour for your design work and you spent a million hours on it, right? Just more bullshit from you. You want to charge $15.95 for your deck because that is what you think it is worth, then do so and stop blaming it on the cost of the deck. Just say this is my price and if you want the deck it is $15.95 delivered.

Thanks!
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unless USPCC is sharing contractual info with you, AND you sat in my office for the last 6 months, I seriously doubt you have any idea what you are talking about. But you win, guess I'll just have to make it without you.

"Thanks"
Paul Carpenter

BMPokerworld

Encarded wrote:Unless USPCC is sharing contractual info with you, AND you sat in my office for the last 6 months, I seriously doubt you have any idea what you are talking about. But you win, guess I'll just have to make it without you.

"Thanks"

They don't need to share confidential pricing with me. The cost of the deck is the cost of the deck. It doesn't matter who has them produce the deck. It is based on quantity. Does embossing, metallic inks and foil add to the basic deck? Yes it does. But no where near what would be needed to justify your price. A full customized deck should be between $2,000- $3,000 for the artwork. Sam, who does all the Karnival decks, gets about $5,000. So if you are figuring more than a $1 per deck for design, you are charging too much for your time for design work.

If someone owes you a $1,000 and you are going to sue them, you don't hire a $1,000 an hour lawyer, right? Well the same would apply here. But of course since the cost to produce a similar deck with all the accompaniments you have can be obtained from USPCC, you of course are going to say you put a million hours in at a million dollars an hour right? Hmmm, seems like I wrote that above and figured that is where you would run and hide.

Thanks!
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

PURPLE DECKS

neongrey

Unread post by neongrey »

Yep, purple sure is a good colour.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Go Vikings (NFL) and Go Huskies (College)
Ryric

Unread post by Ryric »

The blue crown has purple clips:

http://thebluecrown.com/accessories/car ... -logo.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

My eyes are bleeding!
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
RSLancastr
Decks Owned: 2500

Unread post by RSLancastr »

neongrey wrote:
alric wrote:Welcome to the United Cardists! If purple is the main criteria, the obvious answer (and maybe the only option) is the Purple Artifice deck from Ellusionist. Its great to have more females in cardistry, so be sure to give your girlfriend as much encouragement as possible and invite her to join up here at UC as well.

That being said, purple's my favourite colour but I too have trouble finding sufficiently custom decks in purple. RSLancaster would probably know-- he likes custom courts and iirc purple decks. I'd recommend Aurum first, and if you're not averse to decks that aren't purple, I'd recommend the Seasons decks as being immediately eye-catching; they drew me in right away.
Thanks for the plug, neon!

Yes, custom courts are my thing, and Purple has been my favorite color since childhood (as I type this I am wearing a Purple Camouflage T-Shirt and hat (my
Purple Camo pants and bandana are in the laundry), a Purple lanyard on which hangs a purple keychain, on which is my purple key to our front door and the key to our mailbox. That key is not purple, but has a purple rubber thing around the head of the key.

On the desk before me are the following purple items:

A small pair of scissors
A larger pair of scissors
A Sharpie pen
A Whiteboard pen
An oversized ballpoint pen
A highlighter
A pen/pencil cup (holding the above)
A pair of reading glasses
A back scratcher
My cell phone
My iPod Classic (in a purple aluminum case)
A three-ring binder
A Kleenex box holder (Inside of which is a box of Kleenex, also purple)
A stuffed Purple Psychic Rat
A small Photo album

...and probably more, but it is getting dark in here.

Under the desk are the following purple items:

A Rubbermaid three-drawer dresser
My Purple Camouflage Bible Carrier (inside is a KJV Bible witha purple faux-leather cover)
A small wastebasket (matches the Kleenex Box cover)
a small throw rug

...and again, probably more.

Sadly, in spite of my "Purple Cred" and "custom court cred", I am woefully behind on recent decks.

In fact, I only stumbled upon this thread by searching for "Aurum" after seeing its box in the "Look what I just got" thread and wanting to know more about it.
-Marcel Marceau