New upcoming Alien INk deck. Goes live tonight

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

New upcoming Alien INk deck. Goes live tonight

Unread post by badpete69 »

RandyButterfield
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Re: New upcoming Alien INk deck. Goes live tonight

Unread post by RandyButterfield »

In my opinion that is a really weak looking deck. I took some classes at the SF Academy of Art for Grad School, and I don't think any student there would be proud of this work. Plus, there's no way the USPCC would allow the plant treatment they did on the Bicycle Logo!

thanks, Randy
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

$15 for one deck? ...um.. no.
No matter where you go... there you are :|
4pmdesigner
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by 4pmdesigner »

It begins...*face palm*. I'm not surprised people will try to bank on the pricing considering the Pedale deck success. The wording for pledge levels are even identical to Pedale's campaign. Could be successful but with those prices, I highly doubt it.
Creator of The Grid, Grid 2.0 & Mythos: Necronomicon Bicycle® Playing Cards
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

I remember these guys got savaged for their first deck. They killed themselves with that ridiculous video. It looks like they learned their lesson since they're not acting like jackasses and they're dressed more professionally. While this deck is not my cup of tea (plus its way overpriced), I'll give these guys credit for always trying to come up with alternative suits and pips.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

+1 for concept
-1 for execution

And really, is $7500 enough? Considering how much of that could be t-shirts, I think their goal is not realistic.
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

Have they delivered their first deck yet? It doesn't appear they have. If you remember in their UC.net post, they said the decks were being printed as they speak. So if no one has them yet, they clearly were not being printed in July.

Thanks!
Strag
White Whale: None

Unread post by Strag »

BMPokerworld wrote:Have they delivered their first deck yet? It doesn't appear they have. If you remember in their UC.net post, they said the decks were being printed as they speak. So if no one has them yet, they clearly were not being printed in July.

Thanks!
No, not yet. Barely have even done surveys. I don't know if they were printed in July, but the promised delivery date was October. Considering they didn't fund until August 11 I doubt it. I'm expecting them in December (they are shipping today supposedly). Communication has been extremely poor. Another reason I wouldn't back the above deck.
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

What a joke ...
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
BMPokerworld

Strag wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:Have they delivered their first deck yet? It doesn't appear they have. If you remember in their UC.net post, they said the decks were being printed as they speak. So if no one has them yet, they clearly were not being printed in July.

Thanks!
No, not yet. Barely have even done surveys. I don't know if they were printed in July, but the promised delivery date was October. Considering they didn't fund until August 11 I doubt it. I'm expecting them in December (they are shipping today supposedly). Communication has been extremely poor. Another reason I wouldn't back the above deck.

To be honest, I liked the design of their first deck. Unfortunately, due to the the fact that they wouldn't tell you who is making it and all the other stuff that they did that was unprofessional, I did not want to bring this deck in.

Thanks!
BMPokerworld

What happened to their super secret premium, out of this world stock and finish that they painstakingly researched over the last 50 years? The stock and finish that was so good they called it a "trade secret" and would not share? Remember that little gem they came up with? Hmmm, if it was so fantastic, why aren't they using it again? Sounds like the people who bought the first deck are going to be extremely disappointed with the quality of the deck. Lets hope they actual get it and lets hope they are not using the funds from the second deck to pay for the first deck.

Thanks!
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

and don't forget their amazing high tech video they made for the Galaxy Deck!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDgN7UwO ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

here are my comments from UC.net on this...

"The video was an embarrassment to the playing card community.
You guys came off as juvenile and unprofessional, you could not have made a crappier video.

Have you not looked through the successful Kickstarter decks?

I'm sorry guys, I won't be backing your project, or any of your future projects.

CBJ"

I still stand by this. I won't be buying any of their products.

I still have full access to the other site if anyone wants anything ported over.

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

List of shame. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/191 ... le/backers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryric

Unread post by Ryric »

Not impressed. Especially if they have not delivered their first deck.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Wow some people really back every single deck that comes out on ks eh?!

And copying mircosoft's 'field' wallpaper for the cards background?! i dont even wanna start..
Modi

Unread post by Modi »

This Deck has no redeeming qualities. Looks like Thrown together Clipart, and is quite possibly the worst deck I've seen yet on Kickstarter, And boy is that saying something. An abortion in every way.
neongrey

Unread post by neongrey »

I don't think the back is all that bad, but man the faces stink.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Modi wrote:This Deck has no redeeming qualities. Looks like Thrown together Clipart, and is quite possibly the worst deck I've seen yet on Kickstarter, And boy is that saying something. An abortion in every way.
Ohhhhhhhhh, I think I could list a few decks that put this one to shame in the crap department... but yeah, this deck is nothing special. :D
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

Wow... these look terrible!
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

I'll just say that these will not be on my shelf. They have an interesting approach to cards and it doesn't push even one of my several hundred buttons.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
neongrey

It's a shame because I think you could go far with a floral theme. Oh well.
jriffel

Unread post by jriffel »

I may be alone here but I really like the use of color on these card faces. No antsy-pantsy pastels, but these use full in-your-face color. It's a breath of fresh air. There are plenty of art decks out there that don't use the traditional suits. Plus lots of non-English/non-French decks don't use the French suits. Get over it. Open your minds to the larger(!) world of playing cards!
neongrey

No, I think that's the tragedy of this deck-- it does a number of things that, in the hands of someone who knew what they're doing, would make for a very attractive presentation. Using bright colour is nice, not using the traditional suits, whatever really, but the actual art is terrible.
Naxx

Unread post by Naxx »

The artwork is not suitable for a deck of cards and T-shirts at all! Maybe a vase or some pottery...
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Well guess what showed up in my mail box yesterday...The now infamous Galaxy cards hehehe. I remember I was new to Kickstarter when those got listed on KS and yes I did pledge. First let me say that I am not a pro cardist like most of you but I am not impressed by this deck. The borders look thin enough but the overall look of the cards is very so so. The backs and fronts are way too dark so every card looks the same to me. Those of you that handle cards might like them, quality seems decent enough. But in the end, I think I will give one deck to my young daughter to play with and will sell the rest on ebay :oops:

Edit: I forgot to say, they got my order wrong...can't say that I am surprised
Fluffykitten

Unread post by Fluffykitten »

the idea is great, the execution leaves much to be desired. the choice of colors is very clip artey and not very good.
Fluffykitten

Unread post by Fluffykitten »

badpete69 wrote:Well guess what showed up in my mail box yesterday...The now infamous Galaxy cards hehehe. I remember I was new to Kickstarter when those got listed on KS and yes I did pledge. First let me say that I am not a pro cardist like most of you but I am not impressed by this deck. The borders look thin enough but the overall look of the cards is very so so. The backs and fronts are way too dark so every card looks the same to me. Those of you that handle cards might like them, quality seems decent enough. But in the end, I think I will give one deck to my young daughter to play with and will sell the rest on ebay :oops:

Edit: I forgot to say, they got my order wrong...can't say that I am surprised
ugh that sucks.

i have to say i thought about going kick starter to get this deck, i didnt but i am shocked and a little disgusted that it has taken them this long too ship.
Oswin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by Oswin »

Apparently a new deck of his "galaxy card" V2 is on the way .... But not the first for his backers lool
"Le temps passe, mais les oeufs durs !" - Daniel Prévost