What playing cards do YOU use for daily normal use?

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Coconut

What playing cards do YOU use for daily normal use?

Unread post by Coconut »

What playing cards do you normally use for practice when it comes to cardistry/magic?

Reason I want to know is I want to figure what cards I should buy in bulk that would last long and perform well for cardistry.

Personally, I used to use the Ohio Tally Ho's, but now-a-days since I'm just getting back into it, I'm using cheap Erlanger Bicycles.
laranovales

Re: What playing cards do YOU use for daily normal use?

Unread post by laranovales »

I'm huge fan of the Tallys as well.
But I love using BEES, But if I had it my way I'd order a huge stock of Aritocrats and make that my Staple Deck. :P
"why go through the world unnoticed?"
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

I use every deck in my collection, depending on my mood. But, I am not a performer or professional. I take great joy in experiencing each design and playing with the cards and often use 2-3 different decks each day.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

I just bought 2 dozen Skull & Bones from CARC. They handle fantastic and I plan on using them as my daily use cards for time wasting and poker games. I still love Tally-ho decks, but S&B's are my new favorite.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Encarded wrote:I use every deck in my collection, depending on my mood. But, I am not a performer or professional. I take great joy in experiencing each design and playing with the cards and often use 2-3 different decks each day.
This goes for me as well. I also take joy in experiencing different stocks and finishes, so I mix it up as often as possible.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
twiscold

Unread post by twiscold »

MagikFingerz wrote:
Encarded wrote:I use every deck in my collection, depending on my mood. But, I am not a performer or professional. I take great joy in experiencing each design and playing with the cards and often use 2-3 different decks each day.
This goes for me as well. I also take joy in experiencing different stocks and finishes, so I mix it up as often as possible.

me 3, i guess this is what happens when you buy way too many cards. but my recent favorite is the black acorn deck, the silver metallic makes the back look very nice, handles very well and they are cheaper than most custom decks on the market.

ps. i do like the skull&crossbones deck, what they did with the pips is very interesting.
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

I don't do card magic so "daily use" is not completely accurate for me.
I do play a lot of card games. twice monthly poker night , Weekly card night, and cribbage a couple times a week with my wife.
The current deck we are going through the most frequently is the Blue Blood deck. I am a huge fan of this deck and wish I had pledged for more than the 12 I ended up with.
I will be sad when I run out of these.
For poker we switch between the propaganda deck (when I can get them at a descent price) and the Blue Blood deck.
I tried the Ornate deck for a couple of poker games but that was not a big hit with the group. (that is why I have so many Ornate decks to sell off)
And for big games like Hand and Foot (which requires at least 7 decks) I prefer bicycle standard. Although we bought a bunch of NOC decks when the $4 sale was on and everyone seems to like using those for the time being.
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

For my daily use in card magic cheap bicycle seconds rider backs.
If i perform a lot, in one night i go through 3 decks of cards (signed and bend cards).
For a more formal setting like a cocktailparty or a wedding i go for green artifice decks.
But lately i really love the handling and design of the Aladdin Dome Back Decks.
Have to find someone who sells them for a good price (international shipping incl.)
Assassino13

Unread post by Assassino13 »

Mainly Tallies, but occasionally I use custom decks. Depends on my mood.
My Youtube! "Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. You, who wish to safeguard the future, however limited it may be. Go forth without falter, with your heart as your guide.
.V.

Unread post by .V. »

Greetings,

I Usually use alladins and tally ho's for day to day use.

But as far as custom cards go, my new favourite would have to be the theory11 rebels, love the design and stock!

:: V
Behind this mask, there is an idea, and ideas are bullet proof.
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

Standard Bicycle decks. LoL

But I opened almost all decks I have :)
jriffel

Unread post by jriffel »

Modiano Cristallo's are my go to decks when friends come over, or I go to a friendly game.
If it's for showing off (I don't do this often) I would use something well broken in like Tallys.
Seb

Unread post by Seb »

I'm usually working in 4 or 5 restaurants a week and I always use red Bikes. When I'm just fooling around, I use as many different cards as I can. I like to mix it up. I love the Rebels, the Seasons, Tally's are a classic... Verve's, Mechanic Deck I also love... Great handling on those last two...
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

twiscold wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote:

me 3, i guess this is what happens when you buy way too many cards. but my recent favorite is the black acorn deck, the silver metallic makes the back look very nice, handles very well and they are cheaper than most custom decks on the market.

ps. i do like the skull&crossbones deck, what they did with the pips is very interesting.
Me 4? I have a variety of decks in my collection, so I just look and pick a couple to use for that day.
decksparadise

Unread post by decksparadise »

I use riders nowadays.
Simplicity is beautiful.
Aaron

Unread post by Aaron »

I use good old Blue tally-ho circle backs for magic, doesnt matter to me cincinatti or erlanger, just gotta break them in right. For time wasting I always switch it up, lately it has been the archangels and sultan republics.
darkinertia

Unread post by darkinertia »

i usually rotate between a lot of decks, and i bring 3 with me to work every day. ill get a good broken in deck, like a masters or my artifice, a nice thick stock, like wynns, full tilt poker, or golden nuggets, and ill bring a fairly new deck that still needs to be broken in. when im out and about though, ill bring a deck that i dont really care about getting dirty, like studs

but if you were to tell me to get bricks of a fairly easy deck to get, id probably choose the bordered bees or aristocrats...most of the decks i end up falling in love with have bee or aristocrat stock anyway
lordlupus

Unread post by lordlupus »

I'm not a cardist/magician but I carry around a Bedeceived Style deck to play around with and play some quick poker games with my friends. I love that deck.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

I just pick whatever deck pops out at me at that point in time. When I get tired of using that deck, I go to whichever other one pops out at me.