Ellusionist: The Event

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Re: Ellusionist: The Event - live

Unread post by CBJ »

Xntrix wrote:
CBJ wrote:I'm extremely happy that you stopped by to let us know what happened, it does put us at ease. It's very appreciated.. Thanks!

so.. on a side note. Is there any way to get pic of the Fathom deck that aren't blurry?
Oh.. and I was told once that E will never release another "Bicycle" branded deck.. is this true?

CBJ
No worries. Always happy to jump in. Pics for Fathom that aren't under water will be up on our Facebook & Instagram shortly - and I'll shoot a few to 52Cartes (and if you hook me up with your email - I'll send some your way too).

As for the second point, Never say Never... but yeah, Never. Another "USPCC" brand deck is not out of the question though. We know how desperately you guys want a Black deck version of Ramblers...

-Jake

I'm sending you a PM with my e-mail address.

On the topic of another brand deck... A nice Ellusionist Bee deck would be awesome... and a Ghost Tally-Ho!

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
[Gambit]

Unread post by [Gambit] »

hikeeba wrote:Are you sure you didn't get the bracelet powered by the D-cell batteries?
The disclaimer on my bracelet actually said that car battery power source was sold separately, so I'm still in the clear on this point. Thanks for the sentiment though!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

CBJ wrote:and a Ghost Tally-Ho!

CBJ
This is so overdue. I needz it :shock:

PS. Thanks Jake, good to have you on the forum again!
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
alric

Unread post by alric »

Xntrix wrote:I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy....Anything I've missed, has probably been done on purpose in order not to let you in on our nefarious plans. World Domination FTW.

-Jake
lol. At the very least I appreciate that some of the Ellusioonist folk have come on our boards to provide an explanation, which is more than what I can say for other companies. Now do I completely buy the explanations? Most, but not all. Let's just say everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I also do love a good conspiracy theory.

Having said that, this kind of $h!t just keeps on happening with major releases (as in, every f*cking time), and not with just E, but all the other usual suspects as well. I appreciate your thorough technical explanation of your SEO strategies, but the bottom line is that these shenanigans do bump up your organic search priority, so you guys may not be as heart-broken about these "botches" as we're led to believe (you guys are at the top result for 85% of your keywords and I assume you want to continue to stay at the top, so every little bit helps). You guys (E, T11, D&D, BC, etc..) are apparently married to your marketing strategies (overy-hype, blurry pictures, etc..) probably because it works and we continue to shovel money your way. I get that at the end of the day its about the bottom line, not our convenience or shopping experience, so it is what it is.

Btw, JFK's hair product of choice was Marilyn Monroe's hand cream - who knew it worked so well?
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

JFK was addicted to speed and painkillers. He was very much doped during the cuban missle crisis. He had his hand on the Nuke button while he was as high as finger of magic on a Saturday night.

On topic, E has produced some of my favorite decks. I also get a lot of mileage out of a # of their tricks like Smiley and jumpink. Having said that, I just do not get this wristband thing. Seems impractical and I would have no idea what to do with it. Seems like a bit of a let down for a relaunch. I do like the # of unlimited decks they have been releasing as of late.
alric

Unread post by alric »

That bracelet is aimed at E's target demographic - boys/men in their teens to early 20's.....
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

alric wrote:That bracelet is aimed at E's target demographic - boys/men in their teens to early 20's.....
What are you trying to say, I'm unhip and old?
alric

Unread post by alric »

ARE you unhip and old? ;) Did you like the bracelet? Did you order one?
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

As for the second point, Never say Never... but yeah, Never. Another "USPCC" brand deck is not out of the question though. We know how desperately you guys want a Black deck version of Ramblers...

-Jake
We'd settle for the Ghost Tally Ho that has had our interest piqued for quite some time.
Xntrix

Unread post by Xntrix »

alric wrote:That bracelet is aimed at E's target demographic - boys/men in their teens to early 20's.....
Exactly. We know better than anyone else that at the end of the day, it's a light-up rubber wristband. We just thought they were cooler than an oversized-deck seal sticker... or something. It's just a line of merchandise we decided we wanted to add - and they do look pretty freaking sweet at night. If you're in your twenties and you frequent dark rooms of all sorts - then they're excellent at attracting attention. Did we make such a hype-storm over our release to sell these? No - but we couldn't deny that d+M picture on the homepage looked incredible with our new site, so we decided to launch these as well.

You are correct - we use virtually the same marketing strategy with every release because - it works. Plain and simple. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. What we would LOVE - is for a seamless release though. If we could have a release where the countdown reaches zero, people could navigate to the products they want, have a look around and load up their cart - and do so quickly, that would be awesome. And that's always the plan, but unfortunately never the result. If things take forever to load, then customers will get just what they know they want (or need - to qualify for a promotion) and then get the hell out. No extra spending. No impulse buys. Not a great experience. All equals less money for us. And that doesn't make us happy. That could be the difference between having our next staff summit in the Bahamas, or just at Brad's house (seriously).

CBJ, Del, Fingerz - Can't promise anything - A) Because USPC Legal have been notoriously difficult with anything that has their branding of any sort over the last year - so much so that both Ultragaff and Regular Gaff are being discontinued/redesigned despite the previous promise to 'continue producing artwork that has already been approved', and B) it'd probably throw a spanner in the works of all the mysterious hype I'd be putting together for it.

-Jake
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

alric wrote:
Xntrix wrote:I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy....Anything I've missed, has probably been done on purpose in order not to let you in on our nefarious plans. World Domination FTW.

-Jake
I appreciate your thorough technical explanation of your SEO strategies, but the bottom line is that these shenanigans do bump up your organic search priority, so you guys may not be as heart-broken about these "botches" as we're led to believe (you guys are at the top result for 85% of your keywords and I assume you want to continue to stay at the top, so every little bit helps).
I can see where you're coming from in terms of SEO benefits but Google's algorithm if anything would actually penalise the site for being down and really, REALLY slow for a while. If there are no pages to crawl, no content to read but a blank home page that is not good for rankings on any search engine. As it was only for a couple of days it won't have a major impact but the fact remains that it has a slightly negative impact.

If they had not placed a link site such as Facebook or another social media channel, then there would have been plenty criticising them for not providing updates or support. They can't win.

Whilst i'm not saying big companies like E, T11, etc shouldn't look after their customers, by the same token I feel sorry for them sometimes as they literally can't do anything right - whatever decision they make someone get's annoyed.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

It's awesome to have some people from E here! Since you're here, I have a question. Is the bracelet waterproof?
Xntrix

Unread post by Xntrix »

Evan wrote:It's awesome to have some people from E here! Since you're here, I have a question. Is the bracelet waterproof?
To be perfectly honest - I'm not sure, I don't think it's been tested. Checking the construction - I'd probably err on the side of caution and say 'Water Resistant'. It'd be fine if it got a couple of splashes in the shower, but I wouldn't go Scuba Diving with it.

-Jake
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Too add to the topic, anyone else thinking the timing on the introduction of Halo (the bracelet) right alongside Halo (The dynasty of games from Microsoft) is a bit ironic? Conveniently suspicious for naming since they can ride that all the way to the bank... :)

Btw, I'm releasing a deck in a couple of months themed like Actuators and includes military like themes throughout the deck. I'm going to call it Gears of War... should be able to get away with that right? :shock:
Joe Hadsall

Unread post by Joe Hadsall »

Crap, Jake. MJF is onto us. We better cancel Brad's Bioshock Infinite effect. :)
___
Joe Hadsall
Content developer, http://www.ellusionist.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blog.ellusionist.com ~ facebook.com/ellusionist ~ twitter.com/ellusionist
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

i-called-it.jpg
Glad to see you guys can take some ribbing... :D
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

MJF wrote:Glad to see you guys can take some ribbing... :D
From what I can recall working with these guys, it was a 4:1 ribbing/serious ratio. So yeah, they're pretty used to it. ;)

Glad to see the one and only Daniel Madison back in the game, I'm positive his work with E will be.. Shall we call it madness? I think he'd like that.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Arghh quite disappointed w ellusionist, was all ready to do purchase my order on the first day of the event, but realised they messed up w the shipping didnt have singapore on the list of countries to ship to, although im pretty sure they used to have it there. So i contacted the support bout the issue and they said it shouldnt be a problem to fix it, but after various times of going back and forth of me asking and them saying its done/will be done (but not actually fixed), it was finally settled on the final few hours of the event, by then the treasury decks were sold out and i lost all motivation to get the rest of the decks i wanted, i asked them if they could throw in a pack or two on the backend as i requested it from day one they said they couldnt, oh well.. guess i wont be getting anything then..