Ellusionist: The Event

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: Ellusionist: The Event - live

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

alric wrote:
Xntrix wrote:I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy....Anything I've missed, has probably been done on purpose in order not to let you in on our nefarious plans. World Domination FTW.

-Jake
I appreciate your thorough technical explanation of your SEO strategies, but the bottom line is that these shenanigans do bump up your organic search priority, so you guys may not be as heart-broken about these "botches" as we're led to believe (you guys are at the top result for 85% of your keywords and I assume you want to continue to stay at the top, so every little bit helps).
I can see where you're coming from in terms of SEO benefits but Google's algorithm if anything would actually penalise the site for being down and really, REALLY slow for a while. If there are no pages to crawl, no content to read but a blank home page that is not good for rankings on any search engine. As it was only for a couple of days it won't have a major impact but the fact remains that it has a slightly negative impact.

If they had not placed a link site such as Facebook or another social media channel, then there would have been plenty criticising them for not providing updates or support. They can't win.

Whilst i'm not saying big companies like E, T11, etc shouldn't look after their customers, by the same token I feel sorry for them sometimes as they literally can't do anything right - whatever decision they make someone get's annoyed.
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

It's awesome to have some people from E here! Since you're here, I have a question. Is the bracelet waterproof?
Xntrix

Unread post by Xntrix »

Evan wrote:It's awesome to have some people from E here! Since you're here, I have a question. Is the bracelet waterproof?
To be perfectly honest - I'm not sure, I don't think it's been tested. Checking the construction - I'd probably err on the side of caution and say 'Water Resistant'. It'd be fine if it got a couple of splashes in the shower, but I wouldn't go Scuba Diving with it.

-Jake
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Too add to the topic, anyone else thinking the timing on the introduction of Halo (the bracelet) right alongside Halo (The dynasty of games from Microsoft) is a bit ironic? Conveniently suspicious for naming since they can ride that all the way to the bank... :)

Btw, I'm releasing a deck in a couple of months themed like Actuators and includes military like themes throughout the deck. I'm going to call it Gears of War... should be able to get away with that right? :shock:
Joe Hadsall

Unread post by Joe Hadsall »

Crap, Jake. MJF is onto us. We better cancel Brad's Bioshock Infinite effect. :)
___
Joe Hadsall
Content developer, http://www.ellusionist.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blog.ellusionist.com ~ facebook.com/ellusionist ~ twitter.com/ellusionist
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

i-called-it.jpg
Glad to see you guys can take some ribbing... :D
Marcus
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by Marcus »

MJF wrote:Glad to see you guys can take some ribbing... :D
From what I can recall working with these guys, it was a 4:1 ribbing/serious ratio. So yeah, they're pretty used to it. ;)

Glad to see the one and only Daniel Madison back in the game, I'm positive his work with E will be.. Shall we call it madness? I think he'd like that.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.
volantangel
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Arghh quite disappointed w ellusionist, was all ready to do purchase my order on the first day of the event, but realised they messed up w the shipping didnt have singapore on the list of countries to ship to, although im pretty sure they used to have it there. So i contacted the support bout the issue and they said it shouldnt be a problem to fix it, but after various times of going back and forth of me asking and them saying its done/will be done (but not actually fixed), it was finally settled on the final few hours of the event, by then the treasury decks were sold out and i lost all motivation to get the rest of the decks i wanted, i asked them if they could throw in a pack or two on the backend as i requested it from day one they said they couldnt, oh well.. guess i wont be getting anything then..