The Guild Of Artisans by Theory11

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: The Guild Of Artisans by Theory11

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

MJF wrote:It's kind of funny, I check this site many magnitudes more than I do Facebook... Twitter I don't even bother...

UC is like cocaine for deck collectors... :D
So true...

- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
wsop_legacy

Unread post by wsop_legacy »

DelMagic wrote:
Andrei Jikh wrote:We tried to solve it in time, but we couldn't. We did the next logical thing - informed people about the delay on facebook, twitter, and youtube.
I don't follow anything on facebook or twitter, though I do watch the occasional video on youtube. (Love the Wizard Product Review.) But, when there is an issue with some order I've placed with a company, I wouldn't expect to have to go to one of the major social sites to get info - I would hope it would just show up ASAP in my email.

Welcome Andrei. It's great to have you here.
My problem is that Theory 11 and many other company's in this industry depended on social networks to provide updates to "buyers" because they assume "all who buy a product" (Artisans) use Facbook, Twitter and Youtube. While its nice that Andrei came on this forum to explain what happened and he is a "team member" of Theory 11, this is not an official statement from Theory 11. An official email from Theory 11 should have been sent to "all that purchased the product" about the delay. That picture that was posted on Twitter of the boxes being folded by hand with a Band-aid on was unprofessional and should never have been posted to the public. It only caused confusion about the quality of the product. Theory 11 should of kept that part to themselves and just do what needed to be done. All we (the customers) needed to know was that there were delays in the manufacturing of the deck because of the "complex quality of the boxes" and that "further steps had to be taken" to ensure a finished product could be delivered within Theory 11 standards. Simple, Truthful, The End.
cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

What bothers me is that Theory11 had posted a picture of a delievery status on their facebook page.
November 22nd 2012 Facebook Status Message of T11<br />&quot;Just sent a package across the country with SAME DAY delivery to prepare for Black Friday. What's inside the box?&quot;
November 22nd 2012 Facebook Status Message of T11
"Just sent a package across the country with SAME DAY delivery to prepare for Black Friday. What's inside the box?"
533692_10151101945007143_1452900359_n.jpg (54.36 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
So this was very misleading to those who actually followed them on Facebook.
I thought that Theory11 had a big batch of cards incomming to their warehouse to be prepared for Black Friday.
At least it looked like that,but the reality might just be a couple of decks so that they could make photos for the product page.
Who knows...but that hype around that and then not delivering....a big mess...hopefully T11 will learn from that mess and makes future release more stable.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Just got an email this morning confirming my Artisan box was on its way yeahhhh
wsop_legacy

badpete69 wrote:Just got an email this morning confirming my Artisan box was on its way yeahhhh
I received a shipping confirmation email this morning also. The only problem is I've had the cards for two days now.

On a positive note, I'm very happy with this product. They turned out awesome. The double cellophane (cards and box) was a nice touch. This is something I have only seen in recent years on gilded edge decks. The paper used for the boxes is the highest quality and texture I've experienced on any playing card tuck box. I do recommend buying these if you have not already.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

I just got a shipping notice that my order is finally in the mail this morning!!! Yeah!

I think they sent them all out in a big batch at the end of the week... ;)
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

Received my Artisan box today.
It really isn't much more than a quality cigar box (I feared this from the image but hoped otherwise)
The worst part, in my opinion, is that the little placard on the front is actually a sticker that seals the box shut. So the box is sealed and now I face the collectors dilemma, do I break this seal so that I have my 4 decks ( 2 for collecting 2 for opening) and therefore reduce the collectibility of my box, or do I leave it sealed and never get to see the decks. Or at this point due to my frustration with T11, do I carefully remove the seal, take out the decks, take a crap in the box, re-seal it and then send it back to them?
So many decisions to make
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
michaelveatch

Unread post by michaelveatch »

Just got mine today......there pretty sweet and were worth the wait.....and am I the only person who thinks that these beaing put together by hand by the dudes at theory11 is cool???? oh and off topic I ordered something with my elite points the day after I ordered the artisans and I never received it nor did I get any kind of shipping confirmation.........WTH theory11..........the cards are awesome though.....ooooooo and the collectors box, good thing I bought extra decks cause id be opening it right now
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

The seal on the collector's box comes off easily. It is a very nice box and I'm happy that I purchased it.
wsop_legacy

UtterFool wrote:Received my Artisan box today.
It really isn't much more than a quality cigar box (I feared this from the image but hoped otherwise)
The worst part, in my opinion, is that the little placard on the front is actually a sticker that seals the box shut. So the box is sealed and now I face the collectors dilemma, do I break this seal so that I have my 4 decks ( 2 for collecting 2 for opening) and therefore reduce the collectibility of my box, or do I leave it sealed and never get to see the decks. Or at this point due to my frustration with T11, do I carefully remove the seal, take out the decks, take a crap in the box, re-seal it and then send it back to them?
I would leave the seal on so you can make your money back. Then pick up some individual decks.

The collectors boxes are not worth buying when:
1. The decks can be bought individually OR
2. The box set costs more then the value of the decks inside.
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

wsop_legacy wrote:
UtterFool wrote:Received my Artisan box today.
I would leave the seal on so you can make your money back. Then pick up some individual decks.

The collectors boxes are not worth buying when:
1. The decks can be bought individually OR
2. The box set costs more then the value of the decks inside.
I don't agree that the box set is never worth buying when the the box set cost more than the decks inside. It depends on the box. This is a wooden box and should be more than buying 4 individual decks. Expecting it to be the same price as 4 individual decks isn't realistic.

Thanks!
wsop_legacy

"I don't agree that the box set is never worth buying when the the box set cost more than the decks inside. It depends on the box. This is a wooden box and should be more than buying 4 individual decks. Expecting it to be the same price as 4 individual decks isn't realistic."

@BM: The box is worthless compared to the price you end up paying. Its not like they were hand carved boxes made from expensive wood. You will have a tough time making your money back on these. Unless Theory 11 pulls them from their website, it could be a few years untill these box sets are worth what Theory 11 is asking.

I question if your opinion has anything to with you trying to sell them? I don't know if you are or are not?
BMPokerworld

wsop_legacy wrote:"I don't agree that the box set is never worth buying when the the box set cost more than the decks inside. It depends on the box. This is a wooden box and should be more than buying 4 individual decks. Expecting it to be the same price as 4 individual decks isn't realistic."

@BM: The box is worthless compared to the price you end up paying. Its not like they were hand carved boxes made from expensive wood. You will have a tough time making your money back on these. Unless Theory 11 pulls them from their website, it could be a few years untill these box sets are worth what Theory 11 is asking.

I question if your opinion has anything to with you trying to sell them? I don't know if you are or are not?

No I am not trying to sell them and I don't let me opinions be swayed by that anyway. Its not about getting your money back, it is about having a collectors piece. Clearly that is something you can not see. Nobody would buy the decks individually if the wooden box was the same price as buying the 4 decks individually. Common sense. This is strictly a collectors piece that I have added to my collection and I think it was a wonderful idea.

Thanks!
wsop_legacy

@BM: I guess I'm not as amused by the word "collectible" as most. The decks are collectible enough on their own. I'm not saying the box set has to be "the same" price as much as it should have value. You see value in the box for what you paid and that's your opinion.

I did buy Smoke and Mirrors v7 but the value for me was getting 6 different redesigned classic decks that are ONLY avalable as a set and signed by Dan & Dave. Your basically paying double because of a cheap wood box. What ever floats your card collecting boat. More power to you.
BMPokerworld

wsop_legacy wrote:@BM: I guess I'm not as amused by the word "collectible" as most. The decks are collectible enough on their own. I'm not saying the box set has to be "the same" price as much as it should have value. You see value in the box for what you paid and that's your opinion.

I did buy Smoke and Mirrors v7 but the value for me was getting 6 different redesigned classic decks that are ONLY avalable as a set and signed by Dan & Dave. Your basically paying double because of a cheap wood box. What ever floats your card collecting boat. More power to you.

Absolutely. There are many examples of this. The new seasons deck has the same cards but a different tuck box. The Aurum white box has the same cards but a different box and cost significantly more money. Collecting a particular item or not, really is an opinion and not a fact, as you seem to be stating. The reason you are giving is your opinion and you are entitled to that. Just like you think it is worth it for the reissued Smoke & Mirrors decks. My opinion is it will hurt the value of the original decks, just like reprints have done in every other hobby. But then again, that is my opinion and I don't state it as fact.

Thanks!
Collector

Unread post by Collector »

Due to @wsop_legacy and @BMPokerworld I have a grandiose idea for further progress of playing card collecting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matryoshka_doll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)
badpete69

Just got my box finally...Looks nice I like it
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

The box is nice, very decent price IMO. I also like that if you smell the engraved part it's like being at a campfire. :)

The deck is fine. Very nice box, nice back, meh everything else. So, normal fare. My expectations were met and I'm happy with it on the whole, glad I got one.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
badpete69

Paul

You just made me smell my box haha
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

Encarded wrote:... I take umbrage at your previous assertion but cannot be arsed to respond appropriately. ..
Um, if that doesn't make any sense it's because I didn't write that part. Word filters gone bananas? Only the bits and bytes can know for sure.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

What did you write originally, Paul? I think Russell's been working on that filter whenever he's bored, the little smurf.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

if you type "m e h" (with no spaces).. this comes up "I take umbrage at your previous assertion but cannot be arsed to respond appropriately"
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Andrei Jikh

Unread post by Andrei Jikh »

meh

^ Woah. That worked.
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Muahahaha

'lol' used to say something to the effect of: "I'm too lazy and dumb to type an actual reply."
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

mèh, I take umbrage to your previous assertion but cannot be asked to respond appropriately.
No matter where you go... there you are :|
hystericalguy

Unread post by hystericalguy »

I just received my box and I am happy with the product. The decks look great and its also sealed with the month I was born :D
michaelveatch

Unread post by michaelveatch »

hey did anybody else get decks with off center back designs.....like really off center.....one end is like a standard border and the other end is like a thin border.....its hard to explain.....anyways just wondering
wsop_legacy

michaelveatch wrote:hey did anybody else get decks with off center back designs.....like really off center.....one end is like a standard border and the other end is like a thin border.....its hard to explain.....anyways just wondering
I purchased 6 of these beautiful decks. I opened ONLY ONE of them. The deck I did open was NOT wrapped in cellophane entirely, exposing the side of the tuck box. The cards themselves however were flawless and perfectly centered. The other 5 of the 6 decks have NO external defects.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

michaelveatch wrote:hey did anybody else get decks with off center back designs.....like really off center.....one end is like a standard border and the other end is like a thin border.....its hard to explain.....anyways just wondering
I received mine. Only opened one and it was as you described.
Kind of a bummer. :|

Haven't had the time to follow up with T11 yet.
No matter where you go... there you are :|
Andrei Jikh

Unread post by Andrei Jikh »

Can you guys both post a picture of these off center cards? Would love to see it. If it's as bad as you say, I can forward this info along to our guys and ship out a brand spanking new deck on the house. Cool beans, thanks.