Help ID a deck

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
elcyciB

Help ID a deck

Unread post by elcyciB »

Any help will be appreciated.

This is a deck I used a lot growing up to play hearts and cribbage. It was enclosed in a travel cribbage board, so no tuck box. I believe my family used it before then so I have no idea how long ago it was produced, maybe the 70s ? Early 80s? I can see that its Arrco, but I am new to card collecting and aren't sure about all the companies. I saw that they were bought back in the 80s by USPCC but thats about all I know of them.

The Ace of Spades says Streamlines so I imagine its of that series, but were there other versions (backs?)

I particularly like the joker and enjoyed the deck quite a bit from a comfort standpoint, kinda wish the actual court pictures were larger on it though.
Attachments
photo.jpeg
DukeBoy
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 100

Re: Help ID a deck

Unread post by DukeBoy »

Looks like there is a red and ble version of the back you showed. There seems to be a baby blue with a different back The Pinochole Deck seems to have a different back design too
you can start here it is a basic google shopping search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=streaml ... 24&bih=595
10-4 over and out
andrew daugherty

Unread post by andrew daugherty »

It's an Arrco Streamline jumbo index deck. Arrco made these for decades... and USPC continued the Streamline brand in standard and jumbo index faces after the mid-1980s purchase.

These are common. Older Arrco versions have stiffer card stock and various finishes. The jokers and ace of spades are different between the versions. Most often found in red and blue -- and as the deck stocked in house brand decks for grocery stores, drug stores, etc.

Keep the deck because of the memories you have. Play with it. Enjoy it.

Andrew
elcyciB

Unread post by elcyciB »

andrew daugherty wrote:It's an Arrco Streamline jumbo index deck. Arrco made these for decades... and USPC continued the Streamline brand in standard and jumbo index faces after the mid-1980s purchase.

These are common. Older Arrco versions have stiffer card stock and various finishes. The jokers and ace of spades are different between the versions. Most often found in red and blue -- and as the deck stocked in house brand decks for grocery stores, drug stores, etc.

Keep the deck because of the memories you have. Play with it. Enjoy it.

Andrew

Thanks! I love hearing about the history of decks, even if they are common. You're right, lots of memories with the deck and I still bust it out every now and then.