As we entered April, there were 15 Kickstarter projects (that were playing card related, at least) that I'd back that had been anticipated to ship by around that month or sooner. Most of them, to be frank, had been anticipated to arrive much, much sooner.
I'm pleased to report that the number of "outstanding" projects (you know, as anticipated arrival is concerned) has come down again. In fact, toward the end of April, I was a pretty happy camper every day I went to the mail box, because I was rewarded with a new arrival of playing card goodness three days in a row. W00t!
Nouveau UC 2016 (originally anticipated in February) arrived, and the decks turned out even better than I'd imagined. Le Chat Rouge (originally expected in March) arrived in all of its sleek glory, and truly was (is) a sight to behold. The Edgy Bros.' Royal House Ltd Edition (also anticipated in March) arrived as well, and they did not disappoint. The only bummer with regard to these cards is that the Edgy Bros. must step away from their playing card design for a while to attend to other creative projects. I wish them all the success in the world, but do look forward to their return, whenever that happens.
Notice that none of these were particularly late. I had other good days as far as receiving cards in the mail go, but those were ordered from vendors or, in one case, it was a Kickstarter project that arrived well ahead of the anticipated ship date. (And now, for the life of me, I can't remember what it was, but it was probably a CPC or GW deck, amiright?).
Interestingly, none of the KS projects I've backed have an anticipated ship date of May, 2016, so this is a great month for all of the other projects I'm waiting on to catch up!
- Mana Playing Cards No 3 (January '15) -- No news since the April 3rd update. Appears as if fulfillment remains stalled.
- Venexiana Dark (February '15) -- As previously noted, I've received all of the items for this project except the uncuts. Lotrek and I agreed to a substitute item, which he will ship out with the Icon Demos and Icon Trials and the finished Imperials. However...
- Icons Imperial Edition (May '15) -- This project is on hiatus while Lotrek reassesses his process. There is some minor news on this in the Grotesk Macabre note below....
- Arcana (2nd half: December '15) -- Chris reported on April 20th that the proofs are in and look good, and he is going to release the files for production. Getting very close!
- Grotesk Macabre (January '16) -- Lotrek reports that the EPCC decks are in and looking good and that fulfillment will begin soon for those who did not order Black Mass decks. As for those, Lotrek has found another printer he is happy with to handle Black Mass, so he is hoping to have those squared away this month or next. This, in turn, is good news for the ICON Imperials, as work on those can theoretically get underway after Black Mass is completed.
- Texas (February '16) --On April 11th, Jackson let his backers know that everything is in except for the gilded decks. The gilded blue decks were expected to be ready by mid-May; no time frame was available for the gold gilded decks. Once these are in, fulfillment will begin.
- Devastation (February '16) -- Jody reports in the comments that fulfillment is underway, and should be completed within the next couple weeks. Excellent!
- Eminence (February '16) -- Surveys have been sent out to backers asking for updated addresses, and Vadim reports that the decks have arrived at GW for fulfillment, and will shortly be on their way to us. Excellent!
- Scarabs (February '16) -- The team reported yesterday that USPCC is estimating completion of the decks by the end of May, and so we can reasonably expect fulfillment to begin either at the end of May or early June. Excellent!
- Grinders (March '16) -- These are shipping now. Woo-hoo!
- Black Diamond (March '16) -- As of March 10th, USPCC told Jackson that production will likely take about ten weeks (metalluxe being more time intensive than other processes.)
- Diamonds (April '16) -- Cards are in production at LPCC, and will ship directly to backers from there once completed (best guess is around mid-May.) Excellent!
That's 12 KS projects on the "outstanding" list, many of which look to be wrapped up very soon now.
And how about y'all? What deliveries are you still anticipating from Kickstarter projects?