I had held out hope that with the sudden increase in Kickstarter activity that February was going to be a hopping month for *receiving* previous KS project rewards, as well. It didn't quite turn out that way, however. While the non-KS project Celestial by Encarded arrived, as did a couple of Kickstarter decks, it turned out to be a relatively slow month at the ol' Rousselle mailbox. Still, everything that arrived was awesome. A few replacement cards came in for the ICONS Imperial deck, which served to remind me of why I love that project so much. Impressions Cardinal Edition from MPC (originally anticipated for January fulfillment) arrived with the look and feel (and that "new car smell" aroma) that we've come to expect from MPC, and Randy Butterfield's Rome decks (originally anticipated in April of this year) arrived two months earlier than expected.
These decks really showed off what an expert designer can do when the card manufacturer offers perfect printing registration.
So, one deck drops off my list from last month, one doesn't even get a chance to be added because it arrived early, and three more are added because they were originally expected to ship this month. Here's a list of KS projects that have had an anticipated delivery of up-to and including March, 2016 for which I am awaiting fulfillment:
- Venexiana Dark (February '15) -- As noted previously, I've received all of the items for this project except the uncuts. Lotrek and I agreed to a substitute item, which should arrive when other projects are fulfilled.
- Icons Imperial Edition (May '15) -- I have a last remaining item from this complicated order. Replacement cards have been received.
- Grotesk Macabre (January '16) -- Awaiting Black Mass (everything else has long since been received), which is still in progress.
- Grotesk Macabre Black Gold (July '16) -- Shipping of this project is expected to be combined with Black Mass (see above), and is likewise in progress.
- Legal Tender (December '16) -- Jackson posted photos of final production samples a couple weeks ago, and they're looking good. Hopefully this means production is completed or very near completed, and that shipping to the fulfillment center will happen soon. Given what has been posted thus far, I'd guess that if shipment happens very soon, decks will arrive stateside by late March/early April, and fulfillment would commence in April.
- Skateboard (January '17) -- As of mid-February, production was wrapping up and decks were expected to ship to fulfillment center last week or thereabouts, with backer survey to verify addresses at around the same time, with fulfillment expected to commence early March.
- Eros Erotic Tarot (February '17) -- As of January 4th, production is moving right along. They did indicate the fulfillment would likely be delayed to April.
- Imperium (February '17) -- Mid-February update indicated a change in design to the foil backs is delaying fulfillment likely to April.
- Prism Day and Dusk (February '17) -- As of a couple days ago, Day and Dusk decks are expected to reach fulfillment center in about a week. Spectrum and other MPC-printed decks are being delayed, which will also delay fulfillment.
- Spirit II (March '17) -- An update from mid-February gave a breakdown on the production status of each component. Production is well underway.
- Gemini (March '17) -- Production is completed, and items should soon be on their way to fulfillment center. Fulfillment anticipated late March/early April.
- Calaveras de Azucar (March '17) -- As of February 24th, production is underway and fulfillment is expected to be completed sometime in April.
So yeah. For the first time in a while, I have over ten Kickstarter projects on my list of "should have real soon now." And, in many cases, it looks like I'll still have to wait until April. Alas.
And you? What deliveries are you
currently anticipating from Kickstarter projects?