For those card collectors who back KS projects, August was another banner month to be receiving rewards. Like, wow. In addition to a couple of projects that arrived early (Brendan Hong's Dynasty decks were anticipated to arrive down the road in November, for example), there were a number of both older and current projects that rolled in. Mana No. 3, originally anticipated to ship in January of 2015, finally landed for me (and, apparently, about half of the other backers, so far). Here's to hoping that everyone else gets their decks and this project finally wraps up in September. ICONS Imperial arrived, as well, and wow, what an addition to the collection. ICONS still remains on my list below because I'm waiting for a final piece of my pledged rewards, but Lotrek and I have been in touch, and I should be taking this off the list soon. As always, we see the difference communication makes: Lotrek has always maintained completely transparent communication, and so there's never been any worry there. Mana... yeah. I'll be talking more about that in a future post.
Jackson Robinson's Black Diamond Tally Hos (originally anticipated in March of this year) arrived. Love the shiny metalluxe backs. Chicken Nuggets (which had been labeled in one place as being anticipated for a June delivery, and another for August) arrived this past month, as did Joker and Thief White Gold (originally anticipated in July). And, on an international theme, the Greek Pottery and Japanese Scrolls decks by Emmanuel Valtierra both arrived right on time in August, and Natalia Silva's Russian Folk Art Special Edition also crossed the finish line as promised, shipping in August and arriving in my mailbox by September 1st.
That's seven projects that I can cross off my list, and another that is *mostly* crossed off the list, plus at least one other project crossing the finish line before it even landed on the list in the first place. A fine, fine month, I say. Meanwhile, only two KS projects get added to this list, as they have an anticipated fulfillment date in September.
Here's a list of KS projects that have had an anticipated delivery of up-to and including September, 2016 for which I am awaiting fulfillment:
- Venexiana Dark (February '15) -- As noted previously, I've received all of the items for this project except the uncuts. Lotrek and I agreed to a substitute item, which he will ship out with...
- Icons Imperial Edition (May '15) -- I have a last remaining item from this complicated order. Lotrek will be taking care of this once he returns from a much needed vacation.
- Arcana (2nd half: December '15) -- Chris has been keeping backers up-to-date in the comments section, where he noted a few days ago that "USPCC says the finished cards should be finished the week of the 12th or the week of the 19th." Fulfillment to commence shortly thereafter.
- Grotesk Macabre (January '16) -- As noted previously, I've received my mixed (original and animated) half-brick of decks a long while ago. Lotrek posted in the comments section last week that fulfillment of Black Mass (and Black Gold, below) is anticipated this month.
- Scarabs (February '16) -- CKC reported on August 2nd that fulfillment has begun and is on-going, but there has been no word since then and no reports from backers of receiving their rewards.
- Pagan Otherworlds Tarot (July '16) -- The final cards are on their way to Uusi, and fulfillment is anticipated in September.
- Grotesk Macabre Black Gold (July '16) -- Shipping of this project is expected to be combined with Black Mass (see above), and production / fulfillment are currently anticipated in September.
- Crazy 8's (September '16) -- As of a couple weeks ago, fulfillment was set to commence Very Soon Now. So, this may well arrive right on time.
- Inception (September '16) -- In an update from a couple weeks ago, Jody outlined the anticipated dates of each step of the march from production facility to his location in Colorado. His best estimate at the moment is that fulfillment will begin the first week of October.
Even adding the two new projects originally expected to fulfill this month, that brings my total list of eagerly anticipated KS projects down to 9. I can't remember the last time this list was that short. And, given the estimates provided, it's reasonable to assume that the list may be even shorter next month!
And you? What deliveries are you still anticipating from Kickstarter projects?