1910 Brew House - Now LIVE on KickStarter

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby Eoghann » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 pm  

Live! :)
User avatar
Eoghann
Moderator
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 3467
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:47 am
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby badpete69 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:43 pm  

Are you going to assign the numbers by who pledge first? or will it be random?
User avatar
badpete69
Moderator
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:43 pm
Location: Seattle WA
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby DJKroemer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:09 pm  

badpete69 wrote:Are you going to assign the numbers by who pledge first? or will it be random?


Unsigned decks I'll do my best to send them out in order starting at #302. Signed decks have what numbers will be released in their reward info on the KS page. If you order a signed deck you can also request a number if you have a favorite and I'll make sure to get it to you assuming it hasn't been requested.
User avatar
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby badpete69 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:19 pm  

Ok perfect sent you another note on KS Thanks
User avatar
badpete69
Moderator
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 3382
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:43 pm
Location: Seattle WA
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby ecNate » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:39 pm  

badpete69 wrote:I seriously doubt Ecnate that you could not get in on this project today, tomorrow or next week hehehe It won't sell out


badpete69 wrote:hehe no doubt here just pure logic.. He might of meant getting in on an early bird most likely but ultimately everyone that wants a deck will get one



:oops:

Ha ha, yeah. Apparently I never finished typing out my thought. I meant that I wanted to be sure I could get any EBs, especially if very limited. I just was able to check now and thankfully it was 50 EBs instead of just 5. Thanks for that BTW.

The coasters look interesting, are they just the paper board style or is it a double sidded rubber mat type?

Also, quite disappointed there isn't a discount for an add on deck. I'm used to that being less than a single since shipping is mostly already covered, but at the same time at least I know you shouldn't have surprise shipping cost concerns. Still, a $1 discount should have been available for each add on deck.
User avatar
ecNate
Member
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:46 am
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 373 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby vasta41 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:10 pm  

I get an Americana deck vibe from these and I fully mean that as a compliment. I'm excetied to get these! Finally something to look forward to in February.. I like the coaster add-on too- nice touch! Good luck, Daniel.
*FOR SALE* Many decks in my collection: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8109#p96826.
User avatar
vasta41
Member
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 2373
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 397 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby ecNate » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:32 pm  

Now that I have more time I went back and looked at the details. Surprised to notice it has a goal of $25k for a single deck. That's a very tall order for a single deck by a new artist in this medium. To be fair, there are a number of pricey quality details added that would bring down margins and thus would require a higher price or greater numbers. While I'm glad you didn't move into insane pricing territory to offset this (thanks for that), that means it has to be done with volume and thus a higher goal. My only concern is if there will be enough people who jump in, especially considering the timing with the market and upcoming holiday season.

I sure hope it works out and totally understand there's a lot of work still to be done so perhaps that's what finishing is worth it to you, but other projects have a lower goal for multiple decks. Hoping you have a massive marketing plan and that this all works out. Not complaining, but observing. I'm in and want to see this one succeed. Good luck!

Again, more details on the coasters would be appreciated. The tokens have good details, at least in the summary image, but not much was said about the coasters.

Lastly, the red deck seems quite out of reach, especially this early, but any more details on that? Tuck swap or new courts/back?
User avatar
ecNate
Member
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:46 am
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 373 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby vasta41 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:21 am  

ecNate wrote:Now that I have more time I went back and looked at the details. Surprised to notice it has a goal of $25k for a single deck. That's a very tall order for a single deck by a new artist in this medium. To be fair, there are a number of pricey quality details added that would bring down margins and thus would require a higher price or greater numbers. While I'm glad you didn't move into insane pricing territory to offset this (thanks for that), that means it has to be done with volume and thus a higher goal. My only concern is if there will be enough people who jump in, especially considering the timing with the market and upcoming holiday season.

I sure hope it works out and totally understand there's a lot of work still to be done so perhaps that's what finishing is worth it to you, but other projects have a lower goal for multiple decks. Hoping you have a massive marketing plan and that this all works out. Not complaining, but observing. I'm in and want to see this one succeed. Good luck!

Again, more details on the coasters would be appreciated. The tokens have good details, at least in the summary image, but not much was said about the coasters.

Lastly, the red deck seems quite out of reach, especially this early, but any more details on that? Tuck swap or new courts/back?


High pledge goal, yes. But I like the fact that all the customizations (embossing, etc.) are included as opposed to being add-on goals. I really hope this makes it!
*FOR SALE* Many decks in my collection: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8109#p96826.
User avatar
vasta41
Member
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 2373
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 397 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby sprouts1115 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:54 am  

Well crap, this looks like it's not going to make it. This is a nice looking deck. I would wait it out. Every backer you get is a backer for your relaunch. To high a goal?, To many "Fluff" items? Maybe one deck with a tuck swap?
RussellSprouts
User avatar
sprouts1115
Deck Artist
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 am
Location: san antonio, tx, usa
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby vasta41 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:56 am  

I really REALLY hope this funds..
*FOR SALE* Many decks in my collection: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8109#p96826.
User avatar
vasta41
Member
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 2373
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 397 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept) (wap)

Unread postby StanKindLee » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:43 am  

It is going to need some help... maybe cross promotion and or [paid] targeted marketing.
-- $tanley
Flame Fractal deck - http://freakiebeat.com/index.php/flame- ... -in-spades...
Animation of the Flame Fractal deck - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9Kq0BA8w9w......
User avatar
StanKindLee
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Sentinel
Sentinel
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 am
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby DJKroemer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:21 am  

sprouts1115 wrote:Well crap, this looks like it's not going to make it. This is a nice looking deck. I would wait it out. Every backer you get is a backer for your relaunch. To high a goal?, To many "Fluff" items? Maybe one deck with a tuck swap?


Tapping out after a few days? I wouldn't assume a project won't make it with 28 days left... Long ways to go and a lot of work to be done in this project. I'll be positive the whole way through and I hope others will be too.
User avatar
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Coming to KS mid Sept)

Unread postby DJKroemer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:25 am  

vasta41 wrote:I really REALLY hope this funds..


All of the positive responses you've left on this thread are much appreciated - thank you!!!
User avatar
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS) (wap)

Unread postby Cbkimble » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:39 pm  

This is a nice deck an I also hope it funds.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
User avatar
Cbkimble
Moderator
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:16 am
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 227 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS)

Unread postby vasta41 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:21 pm  

A new add-on deck! The Imperial Edition:

Image
Image

Let's go, guys! Let's get this funded.
*FOR SALE* Many decks in my collection: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8109#p96826.
User avatar
vasta41
Member
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 2373
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 pm
Location: Boston, MA
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 397 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS)

Unread postby DJKroemer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:43 pm  

vasta41 wrote:A new add-on deck! The Imperial Edition:

Image
Image

Let's go, guys! Let's get this funded.


Thanks for sharing! Hope it can pick up soon - if anyone knows of some good ways to get this deck in front of more beer lovers, suggestions are welcome!
User avatar
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS)

Unread postby Bikefanatic » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:05 pm  

Black deck looks better. I'll get a red if the courts and number cards are different as well.
User avatar
Bikefanatic
Member
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 7:23 am
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS)

Unread postby DJKroemer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:10 pm  

Bikefanatic wrote:Black deck looks better. I'll get a red if the courts and number cards are different as well.


That deck is actually a dark blue. The red and blue decks will probably have a different watermark for the number cards, but the courts will remain the same. Thanks for the feedback.
User avatar
DJKroemer
Deck Artist
Initiate
Initiate
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS)

Unread postby Bikefanatic » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:50 pm  

DJKroemer wrote:
Bikefanatic wrote:Black deck looks better. I'll get a red if the courts and number cards are different as well.


That deck is actually a dark blue. The red and blue decks will probably have a different watermark for the number cards, but the courts will remain the same. Thanks for the feedback.


Dark blue is cool, it's a very good stand out deck. I'll say that most people don't like the same deck of cards with a different tuck and back but the cards themselves still the same. It could be some difference between the two so a watermark or a lil' something extra will work.
User avatar
Bikefanatic
Member
Grandmaster
Grandmaster
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 7:23 am
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 126 times

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck (Live on KS)

Unread postby jerichoholic » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:05 pm  

Still doesn't look like it's going to make it, problem is too many decks at the same time. Pocono Modern and the Russian Folk deck are having the same problem. Even Grimoire isn't doing well though they still have over a month left.
jerichoholic
Member
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
 
Posts: 2062
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:13 pm
Country: Canada (ca)
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 166 times

PreviousNext

Return to New & Custom Decks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CBJ, RandyButterfield, rousselle, sms69x, vincero and 7 guests