1910 Brew House

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
ecNate
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 400

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck -- Coming back soon?

Unread post by ecNate »

Website now states it will be back Feb 20. There is also a thread at PCFwhere the artist is engaged and mentioned more:
Hey everyone - I had some conversations with you guys when I originally launched the 1910 Brew House deck on Kickstarter way back in 2014. I've finally gotten around to updating the entire project, finishing the design work and simplifying the project structure. There are now two completely unique decks that go hand in hand and the reward tiers will be extremely simple and hopefully most will view as affordable. I'll keep in touch with this thread, especially as the project launches to take any advice you guys have to offer. You can go check out a preview of the project at the link below. Really excited to have a chance at finally bringing this project to life. Launches February 20, 2017.

http://www.brewhouseplayingcards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ecNate
Decks Owned: 400

Re: 1910 Brew House Deck -- On KickStarter Feb 20th

Unread post by ecNate »

Looks like this was moved to Feb 23rd. Also now officially approved for vintage Bicycle branding too.

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: 1910 Brew House - Relaunch On KickStarter Feb 23rd (revi

Unread post by vasta41 »

I'm obsessed.
dkroemer

Unread post by dkroemer »

Hey everyone - I couldn't get into my old account so I made a new one. I'm the designer of the Brew House deck and just wanted to reach out on here and say thanks for any kind words that have been said. Also want to let anyone know to feel free to ask me any questions or send me any feedback, whether it's on here or elsewhere. The launch is today (Feb. 23) at 11:00 AM EST. The decks have come a long way since the original launch but I'll still be making improvements throughout the campaign and up until production. Really appreciate those of you who have been sharing the project and helping to get the word out!
serubi
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by serubi »

Now live!

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Backed! I REALLY hope this funds this time around. It's such a well designed deck in every aspect. And Bicycle branding for less than $10 (EB)!
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

vasta41 wrote:Backed! I REALLY hope this funds this time around. It's such a well designed deck in every aspect. And Bicycle branding for less than $10 (EB)!
+1 to that! Love the vintage Bicycle logo.
Move on, nothing to see here.
serubi

Unread post by serubi »

Yeah, this is one of the better Kickstarter decks. Excellent design!
dkroemer

Re: 1910 Brew House - Now LIVE on KickStarter

serubi wrote:Yeah, this is one of the better Kickstarter decks. Excellent design!
RichK wrote:
vasta41 wrote:Backed! I REALLY hope this funds this time around. It's such a well designed deck in every aspect. And Bicycle branding for less than $10 (EB)!
+1 to that! Love the vintage Bicycle logo.
Appreciate all the kind words guys! Will quote my original post since it had to get approved so may have gotten lost.
dkroemer wrote:Hey everyone - I couldn't get into my old account so I made a new one. I'm the designer of the Brew House deck and just wanted to reach out on here and say thanks for any kind words that have been said. Also want to let anyone know to feel free to ask me any questions or send me any feedback, whether it's on here or elsewhere. The launch is today (Feb. 23) at 11:00 AM EST. The decks have come a long way since the original launch but I'll still be making improvements throughout the campaign and up until production. Really appreciate those of you who have been sharing the project and helping to get the word out!
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Very nice decks. Good luck with the project.
jsantafe

Unread post by jsantafe »

Hi Daniel, glad you joinned the conversation here, it's pretty difficult on social media platforms.
I have a few questions, suggestions:
- Is the Bicycle branding compliant? has it been approved by USPCC? It seems to change quite a bit the real logo and they tend to be really strict about it. Not that I care too much, I don't mind unbranded decks, more room for the artist!
- I wish the decks back would be even more different. You use the "flag spade" in both decks; I think it fits well the Imperial red version, but could be replaced by something else on the original blue version. I'd love to have hops, for instance(I know they were there and removed...)
- I've seen the target date, before mid june... it's quite ambitious, specially for a first campaign. Don't mean to offend, but I suggest being more cautious with delivery dates as people usually are sensitive to those matters, whether the are happy to get their products earlier.
- last, I also suggest you add a add-ons table with one pair of decks up to six, with US and international prices. It's pretty much a standard and helps a lot backers. Usually, add-ons prices are lower than pledges, as the shipping costs are already covered by the original pledge.
Thanks
JS

Every deck I open makes your sealed one more valuable. You're welcome.
dkroemer

jsantafe wrote:Hi Daniel, glad you joinned the conversation here, it's pretty difficult on social media platforms.
I have a few questions, suggestions:
- Is the Bicycle branding compliant? has it been approved by USPCC? It seems to change quite a bit the real logo and they tend to be really strict about it. Not that I care too much, I don't mind unbranded decks, more room for the artist!
- I wish the decks back would be even more different. You use the "flag spade" in both decks; I think it fits well the Imperial red version, but could be replaced by something else on the original blue version. I'd love to have hops, for instance(I know they were there and removed...)
- I've seen the target date, before mid june... it's quite ambitious, specially for a first campaign. Don't mean to offend, but I suggest being more cautious with delivery dates as people usually are sensitive to those matters, whether the are happy to get their products earlier.
- last, I also suggest you add a add-ons table with one pair of decks up to six, with US and international prices. It's pretty much a standard and helps a lot backers. Usually, add-ons prices are lower than pledges, as the shipping costs are already covered by the original pledge.
Thanks
Hey I really appreciate all of that feedback.
- The Bicycle logo is a vintage design they used long ago and it has been approved by USPCC. Attached a reference to the original.
- I'll continue to improve the decks so I'll definitely keep that feedback in mind about the hops and spades. I did want to keep the decks related as a set so didn't want to pull them too far from each other.
- I understand the concern about the delivery date. I set it right about 3 months from the end date. As soon as the project ends I'll begin working with USPCC on getting artwork approved and their turnaround is 4-6 weeks once artwork is approved. I'll be dedicated to getting the rewards fulfilled as quickly as I can so although things can happen, the target delivery date shouldn't be an issue.
- I'll definitely do as you said and add a deck add-on section, that's great advice!

Much appreciated!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 12.05.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 12.05.38 PM.png (175.87 KiB) Viewed 2033 times
dkroemer

guru wrote:Very nice decks. Good luck with the project.
Appreciate that guru!

Also want to make a note here that I stay most active on Instagram, so if you're interested in following along and staying up to date daily, go give my page a follow!

Instagram.com/brewhouseplayingcards
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Call me pessimistic but it doesn't look like this project will fund. AGAIN. This really stinks. :(
dkroemer

vasta41 wrote:Call me pessimistic but it doesn't look like this project will fund. AGAIN. This really stinks. :(
It's been two business days and you're calling it a failure? You're the ultimate pessimist!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

dkroemer wrote:
vasta41 wrote:Call me pessimistic but it doesn't look like this project will fund. AGAIN. This really stinks. :(
It's been two business days and you're calling it a failure? You're the ultimate pessimist!
I am- I can't help it. [MURRAY] 50% funded in four days is very good. And I want this to succeed more than almost any other KS project. I just hope that all the other projects that launched in the past week don't overshadow this. And by that I mean I hope people save enough money to pledge for this project too!
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

dkroemer wrote: - I understand the concern about the delivery date. I set it right about 3 months from the end date. As soon as the project ends I'll begin working with USPCC on getting artwork approved and their turnaround is 4-6 weeks once artwork is approved. I'll be dedicated to getting the rewards fulfilled as quickly as I can so although things can happen, the target delivery date shouldn't be an issue.
Those are often famous last words. I think the savvy deck designers are the ones who estimate that if it will take 3 months to complete fulfillment, they'll tack on an additional 6 weeks to their delivery estimate on Kickstarter. This way, if things hit the fan and there are unforeseen production delays (and there almost always are), they have a nice cushion to avoid the wrath of impatient backers, and if they actually meet their original estimate, then they come off looking like a hero for delivering "early". I can never figure out why more people don't do this. . .
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

sinjin7 wrote:This way, if things hit the fan and there are unforeseen production delays (and there almost always are), they have a nice cushion to avoid the wrath of impatient backers, and if they actually meet their original estimate, then they come off looking like a hero for delivering "early". I can never figure out why more people don't do this. . .
+1.
The number of projects that have no issues or delays is approximately zero.

Therefore if you don't put some wiggle room into your forecasts you're either naive or trying to appear 'on top of everything' - which is the best sign that you're overconfident and will fail (... at the very least for on-time delivery).
dkroemer

sinjin7 wrote:
dkroemer wrote: - I understand the concern about the delivery date. I set it right about 3 months from the end date. As soon as the project ends I'll begin working with USPCC on getting artwork approved and their turnaround is 4-6 weeks once artwork is approved. I'll be dedicated to getting the rewards fulfilled as quickly as I can so although things can happen, the target delivery date shouldn't be an issue.
Those are often famous last words. I think the savvy deck designers are the ones who estimate that if it will take 3 months to complete fulfillment, they'll tack on an additional 6 weeks to their delivery estimate on Kickstarter. This way, if things hit the fan and there are unforeseen production delays (and there almost always are), they have a nice cushion to avoid the wrath of impatient backers, and if they actually meet their original estimate, then they come off looking like a hero for delivering "early". I can never figure out why more people don't do this. . .
Gareth wrote:
sinjin7 wrote:This way, if things hit the fan and there are unforeseen production delays (and there almost always are), they have a nice cushion to avoid the wrath of impatient backers, and if they actually meet their original estimate, then they come off looking like a hero for delivering "early". I can never figure out why more people don't do this. . .
+1.
The number of projects that have no issues or delays is approximately zero.

Therefore if you don't put some wiggle room into your forecasts you're either naive or trying to appear 'on top of everything' - which is the best sign that you're overconfident and will fail (... at the very least for on-time delivery).
I appreciate the insight guys, and I definitely understand the concern - I know you've all dealt with problem KS projects in the past. I think it's unfair to assume failure based on an ambitious delivery date. If I fail on delivery I can be scolded accordingly. I'd be surprised if a semi-ambitious delivery date would turn people away from the project - call me naive. Can't please everyone though.
dkroemer

vasta41 wrote:
dkroemer wrote:
I am- I can't help it. [MURRAY] 50% funded in four days is very good. And I want this to succeed more than almost any other KS project. I just hope that all the other projects that launched in the past week don't overshadow this. And by that I mean I hope people save enough money to pledge for this project too!
I'm glad you said it... will only make me push harder! haha I appreciate the support
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

2 weeks and 40% more to go. Someone please prove me wrong. I would do anything to see these funded!
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

vasta41 wrote:2 weeks and 40% more to go. Someone please prove me wrong. I would do anything to see these funded!
I PM-ed Daniel when I added a signed brick with my EB discount and he said not to worry, it'll be produced one way or another. I really hope so!
MattRPC
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by MattRPC »

Only $5,000 more. I hope these get funded :D
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I am going to drop my EB01 (single set) to upgrade my pledge in an effort to get this funded. Anyone want it? PM me in the next hour or so to coordinate.
RichK

Unread post by RichK »

vasta41 wrote:I am going to drop my EB01 (single set) to upgrade my pledge in an effort to get this funded. Anyone want it? PM me in the next hour or so to coordinate.
I added a half brick for gifts to my family, Dad gets the signed set, with my EB02 discount. This needs to fund.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

RichK wrote:
vasta41 wrote:I am going to drop my EB01 (single set) to upgrade my pledge in an effort to get this funded. Anyone want it? PM me in the next hour or so to coordinate.
I added a half brick for gifts to my family, Dad gets the signed set, with my EB02 discount. This needs to fund.
I also upgraded for gifts. Pledge dropped. Go get it while it's still there!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

4 days and 25% to go... maybe try cross promotions with other alcoholic themed campaigns?
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Less than a day to go and sadly it looks like this won't fund. AGAIN. :cry: :cry: :cry:
dkroemer

vasta41 wrote:Less than a day to go and sadly it looks like this won't fund. AGAIN. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'll be funding this deck on my own and going through with production despite the Kickstarter failures. Lesson learned: It's harder than I assumed to bring outsiders into the Kickstarter world. I've had a ton of interest from the beer world which is where I planned to bring in most of my backers, but the majority of people want things right now and care little to be involved in the creation process or wait 3 months to have it in hand. To be honest this will be a much better route anyway. It will eliminate the hard deadline and trying to please hundreds of backers week by week, and let me focus on getting the decks as great as they can be on my own timeline. I'll definitely be rewarding those who have supported the project on KS and will also be doing pre-orders for a lower price and signed option when the time comes. Appreciate all the support Vasta, it's been much appreciated!