Sultan Republic - Treasury Edition

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Evan

Re: Sultan Treasury Playing Cards

Unread post by Evan »

According to the E facebook page, the Sultan Treasury decks will be available to all, tonight at 8pm Eastern time.

That's going to piss a lot of people off, and make a lot of people happy.
alric
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by alric »

Will there still be a limit to only 3 decks per order? Yet another deck release screw up!
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

alric wrote:Will there still be a limit to only 3 decks per order? Yet another deck release screw up!
I have no idea, but I would assume so.
Ryric

Unread post by Ryric »

Evan wrote:According to the E facebook page, the Sultan Treasury decks will be available to all, tonight at 8pm Eastern time.

That's going to piss a lot of people off, and make a lot of people happy.
They probably felt allowing someone to dicipher the code and then sell them for a markup on eBay in such a manner that such a person could pre-sell it for more then $10.00 and then turn around and purchase it from E for $10.00 for fullment didn't make much sense. Shocking!

They got the publicity they wanted, the deck is better then the standard Sultans... They should sell nicely now. It will be interesting if they change the price.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Evan wrote:
alric wrote:Will there still be a limit to only 3 decks per order? Yet another deck release screw up!
Nope, they've already screwed my order up. I placed 3 separate orders (including separate shipping) since their original page said "LIMIT 3 PER ORDER"... I've got the screenshot to prove it. They've gone in and cancelled/partially refunded my other two orders since they had Treasury decks on them. They've also gone ahead and switched the wording on the page to now be this:

"Due to the rare and collectible nature of these decks, they've been limited to 3 decks per person. Our intention is to make Treasury available for as many people as possible and Ellusionist reserves the right to refund multiple orders that are placed."

I'm super pissed off right now, as I did everything by the book, I got a damn original deck, diciphered the code, found the NEW page, and placed 3 SEPARATE ORDERS (including other various decks and seperate shipping too) according to their wording on the site "LIMIT 3 DECKS per ORDER"

I think I'm going to go ahead and call up an attorney and unfortunately proceed with Ellusionist that way...

:x
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

MJF wrote:
Evan wrote:
Nope, they've already screwed my order up. I placed 3 separate orders (including separate shipping) since their original page said "LIMIT 3 PER ORDER"... I've got the screenshot to prove it. They've gone in and cancelled/partially refunded my other two orders since they had Treasury decks on them. They've also gone ahead and switched the wording on the page to now be this:

"Due to the rare and collectible nature of these decks, they've been limited to 3 decks per person. Our intention is to make Treasury available for as many people as possible and Ellusionist reserves the right to refund multiple orders that are placed."

I'm super pissed off right now, as I did everything by the book, I got a damn original deck, diciphered the code, found the NEW page, and placed 3 SEPARATE ORDERS (including other various decks and seperate shipping too) according to their wording on the site "LIMIT 3 DECKS per ORDER"

I think I'm going to go ahead and call up an attorney and unfortunately proceed with Ellusionist that way...

I fear that they will do the same to my order, but I don't think they will, since it's on it's way to me already. But what they did is really wrong.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Does anyone have an up-to-date email customer service contact for them?
According to Paypal it's

order_care@ellusionist.com

but being the number on the Paypal statement is no longer in service I have a feeling the email isn't valid... can someone confirm?
Joe Hadsall

Unread post by Joe Hadsall »

The absolute best way to get customer service is through our eSupport site.
___
Joe Hadsall
Content developer, http://www.ellusionist.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blog.ellusionist.com ~ facebook.com/ellusionist ~ twitter.com/ellusionist
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Joe Hadsall wrote:The absolute best way to get customer service is through our eSupport site.

Hey Joe! Welcome to the boards, I hope you stick around and give us a few updates!
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

MJF wrote:I think I'm going to go ahead and call up an attorney and unfortunately proceed with Ellusionist that way...
Really?

No harm was done, they refunded you. Let it go, it's not a big deal.
Joe Hadsall

Thanks. Sorry I haven't updated signature stuff yet, but I was an occasional poster on the last site.

---
Joe Hadsall
Content developer, Ellusionist.com
blog.ellusionist.com
___
Joe Hadsall
Content developer, http://www.ellusionist.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Joe Hadsall wrote:Thanks. Sorry I haven't updated signature stuff yet, but I was an occasional poster on the last site.

---
Joe Hadsall
Content developer, Ellusionist.com
blog.ellusionist.com

I'll go ahead and give you a Verified Seller highlight to notify people that you know what you are talking about.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Email has been sent to the two addresses I had on file and through the website...

It's a good thing I've got pretty much unlimited legal services through work... if this takes the wrong direction, I'll certainly be using them.

Overall though, I'm extremely disappointed, which sucks as I was considering doing a larger order through them based upon my initial experience... *sigh*

Joe Hadsall

Shiny. I appreciate it, and promise to keep my posts of cat pictures at a minimum.

Wait, this is unitedcatists, right?
Russell wrote:I'll go ahead and give you a Verified Seller highlight to notify people that you know what you are talking about.
___
Joe Hadsall
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Welcome, Joe!

Funny you mention cat pictures; you should take a look a the Last Person to post wins-thread right now :D
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Joe Hadsall

I picked a random page, read something about Italian drifting sausage, and had enough. Sorry. :)
___
Joe Hadsall
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

Actually they are available right now if you know the code at the bottom of the box! See their Facebook page for more. Glad I don't have to buy overpriced decks from a reseller. :D
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

vjose32 wrote:Actually they are available right now if you know the code at the bottom of the box! See their Facebook page for more. Glad I don't have to buy overpriced decks from a reseller. :D
We've know that for days... how do you think people have the decks already?
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

NOW AVAILABLE: http://ellusionist.com/301943N352631E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

Not everyone knew about it! I just got my decks yesterday and just found out. And there are others no doubt who haven't gotten their decks yet.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

vjose32 wrote:Not everyone knew about it! I just got my decks yesterday and just found out. And there are others no doubt who haven't gotten their decks yet.
I mean that it was said here days ago that they were available by deciphering the Sultan deck.
Ryric

Unread post by Ryric »

E sent out an email- new limit is 2 per person ~1000 left
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Evan wrote:
MJF wrote:
Evan wrote:

I fear that they will do the same to my order, but I don't think they will, since it's on it's way to me already. But what they did is really wrong.
Evan let me know if you got your full order or not... I just got confirmation emails of the reduced orders where they've removed my decks. To add insult to injury, they went ahead and still shipped it as three separate orders and charged me the separate shipping on each one.

In terms of support, I only got an email from Jennifer who said it's been "routed to the appropriate team". Since then, I haven't heard a damn thing, AND my ticket request in their support system no longer exists either...

Just wanted to give a heads up for those of you that deal frequently and purchase goods from this company as they don't seem to really give a damn about customer service. Pretty sad really, they're losing a potential long-term customer who likes to buy lots of decks.
neongrey

Unread post by neongrey »

Honestly I think when supply is that short, it takes a real jerk to try and circumvent limitations that are in place so that everyone who wants them can get them...
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

MJF wrote: In terms of support, I only got an email from Jennifer who said it's been "routed to the appropriate team". Since then, I haven't heard a damn thing, AND my ticket request in their support system no longer exists either...

Just wanted to give a heads up for those of you that deal frequently and purchase goods from this company as they don't seem to really give a damn about customer service. Pretty sad really, they're losing a potential long-term customer who likes to buy lots of decks.
Well I agree you followed the letter of the statement Order you did not follow the intent Person. Since you were trying to work the system why should the company refund you the shipping on the 2 extra orders you placed? That is if you get 3 separate boxes/packages, if you get 1 that includes all the orders you have a small point.
10-4 over and out
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

They've dropped it down to 2 decks per person now

http://www.ellusionist.com/you-have-fou ... asury.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

neongrey wrote:Honestly I think when supply is that short, it takes a real jerk to try and circumvent limitations that are in place so that everyone who wants them can get them...
Seriously? You went straight to calling me a jerk? I followed everything they said to a "T". An order is an order. I didn't attempt to "circumvent" limitations. They stated the limitations were 3 decks per ORDER and went and changed it after the fact. I bought these for my collection. I wasn't posting these on Ebay trying to screw other people out of their money. These were for me.

Man, if you think I'm a jerk, I'd hate to know what you think of the folks on here who got more than 3 decks... :o

You're entitled to your opinion though.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

and I received this e-mail...

"100 BC, The Treasury derives from one legend that bandits and pirates of the east hid their loot in a stone urn high on the second level. Significant damage from bullets can be seen impaling the urn in hopes of breaking it open and spilling the treasure within.

The hunt that started as drawings in the sand on our Facebook page has led to this;
the spilling of that treasure. Our Facebook fans received first notice of these decks. If you're not already following, Join Us Now.

The Sultan Treasury has been plundered with less than 1000 of these decks currently remaining for sale. Those who deciphered the mystery of the Sultan Republic deck were the first to find it. Our Facebook followers have now had over 12 hours notice as well. Constrained to just 2 decks per person, if you haven't yet got yours; now's your chance."

....... 1000 of 2500 left??? this makes no sense to me.
Normally their decks sell WAYY faster than that. they have over 130 THOUSAND FB followers.

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

DukeBoy wrote:
MJF wrote: In terms of support, I only got an email from Jennifer who said it's been "routed to the appropriate team". Since then, I haven't heard a damn thing, AND my ticket request in their support system no longer exists either...

Well I agree you followed the letter of the statement Order you did not follow the intent Person. Since you were trying to work the system why should the company refund you the shipping on the 2 extra orders you placed? That is if you get 3 separate boxes/packages, if you get 1 that includes all the orders you have a small point.
Again, I followed all the rules that they specified. Funny, how I did everything right, yet the company decides "opps, we are running out of decks", goes and changes the policy AFTER I bought them, doesn't tell me, no notification, ignores my emails and support requests and somehow I'm the bad guy because a multimillion dollar operation can't properly run the show...

and yes, they are sending me 3 separate boxes... simply brilliant on their part.

Wow. Again, like neongrey, you're entitled to your opinion.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

*sigh*

So, I finally heard back from Jennifer and she apologized for how the situation was handled. I've come to a resolution with Ellusionist and will use them again for business in the future.
Apologies for my earlier rants - though I've been frustrated as hell the last 4 days.

:(