Sultan Republic - Treasury Edition

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
alric
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: Sultan Treasury Playing Cards

Unread post by alric »

Please keep in mind Ellusionist only said 2500 were made available for sale, but probably at least 5000 were produced. 5000 decks is a lot. It took them several years to go through 5000 1st Ed. Black Ghosts with the way they trickled them out. They still have Red Artifice and LTD remaining, and they were giving these out pretty heavily for promotions. While I have to admit Ellusionist has been much better than other companies with disclosing the actual amount of decks they produce, I'm going to be skeptical in general whenever companies like Theory11, Dan & Dave, and Blue Crown claim "rarity". It just seems things don't go well when these companies try to overhype allegedly limited decks, and Ellusionist is just the latest company to botch a limited deck release.....
BMPokerworld

Re: Sultan Treasury Playing Cards

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

alric wrote:Please keep in mind Ellusionist only said 2500 were made available for sale, but probably at least 5000 were produced. 5000 decks is a lot. It took them several years to go through 5000 1st Ed. Black Ghosts with the way they trickled them out. They still have Red Artifice and LTD remaining, and they were giving these out pretty heavily for promotions. While I have to admit Ellusionist has been much better than other companies with disclosing the actual amount of decks they produce, I'm going to be skeptical in general whenever companies like Theory11, Dan & Dave, and Blue Crown claim "rarity". It just seems things don't go well when these companies try to overhype allegedly limited decks, and Ellusionist is just the latest company to botch a limited deck release.....

I don't agree that they botched a limited deck release. Did they expect demand to be greater? Clearly. But I don't think it has anything to do with the deck or them. There has been a tremendous amount of new decks lately and some excessive amount of greed by some designers, like the creator of the urban punk deck,the Pedale designed deck and the aurum deck. There is no reason any of those decks should be priced anywhere near those levels. At least with Ellusionist, they tell you how many are going to be released and usually, they tell you how many are printed. That is nothing like the way Blue Crown does things. Blue Crown purposely misleads you or just out and out lies. So comparing Ellusionist to Blue crown is comparing apples and oranges.

Thanks!
Sharpie

Re: Sultan Republic - Treasury Edition

Unread post by Sharpie »

More like comparing apples to apples...
but one of them doesn't taste very good. :|
No matter where you go... there you are :|
alric

Unread post by alric »

Maybe neither apples taste good in this case. I think Ellusionist botched this release by limiting the Treasury Edition to just 3 decks per order when the really meant 3 decks per person, so this resulted in a lot of people placing multiple orders to get more than the 3 alotted decks and E cancelling a bunch of orders. Then they reduced the number of decks from 3 to 2, so not everyone had the same opportunity to get the same number of decks. Not too smooth in my opinion. Then they pulled a Blue Crown on us by playing around with semantics by saying only 2500 were available (to make it sound more limited than what is actually is) instead of admitting how many total were made like they normally do.

On a side note, its good to see that bmpokerworld survived hurricane Sandy. I think CBJ posted earlier that bmp lost power and that he couldn't get in touch with him. I hope all your decks stayed safe and dry!
BMPokerworld

alric wrote:Maybe neither apples taste good in this case. I think Ellusionist botched this release by limiting the Treasury Edition to just 3 decks per order when the really meant 3 decks per person, so this resulted in a lot of people placing multiple orders to get more than the 3 alotted decks and E cancelling a bunch of orders. Then they reduced the number of decks from 3 to 2, so not everyone had the same opportunity to get the same number of decks. Not too smooth in my opinion. Then they pulled a Blue Crown on us by playing around with semantics by saying only 2500 were available (to make it sound more limited than what is actually is) instead of admitting how many total were made like they normally do.

On a side note, its good to see that bmpokerworld survived hurricane Sandy. I think CBJ posted earlier that bmp lost power and that he couldn't get in touch with him. I hope all your decks stayed safe and dry!

Actually the only decks we lost were a dozen players decks (our last 12 too), due to a broken window. We were without power, and heat for 9 days. We just got internet back today after 2 weeks. I bought a verizon hotspot and have been using that. The real hard part was they were rationing gas. That appears to be done now, so we are back to normal. I do appreciate you asking though.
Thanks!
Joe Hadsall

Unread post by Joe Hadsall »

BMPokerworld wrote:Actually the only decks we lost were a dozen players decks (our last 12 too), due to a broken window. We were without power, and heat for 9 days. We just got internet back today after 2 weeks. I bought a verizon hotspot an and have been using that. The real hard part was they were rationing gas. That appears to be done now, so we are back to normal. I do appreciate you asking though.
Thanks!
Man, am I glad to hear that. Didn't know you were based in that area, but I'm glad to hear that you and yours are OK.
___
Joe Hadsall
Content developer, http://www.ellusionist.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blog.ellusionist.com ~ facebook.com/ellusionist ~ twitter.com/ellusionist
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
BMPokerworld

Joe Hadsall wrote:
BMPokerworld wrote:Actually the only decks we lost were a dozen players decks (our last 12 too), due to a broken window. We were without power, and heat for 9 days. We just got internet back today after 2 weeks. I bought a verizon hotspot an and have been using that. The real hard part was they were rationing gas. That appears to be done now, so we are back to normal. I do appreciate you asking though.
Thanks!
Man, am I glad to hear that. Didn't know you were based in that area, but I'm glad to hear that you and yours are OK.

Thank You!!!
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

Sold out!
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

I am just wondering why doesn't LTD decks get SOLD OUT . Ellusionist has 100 + thousand of LIKES and SUBSCRIBERS on YouTube and Facebook and if a quarter of the subscribers are to get a deck of LTD , it would be long SOLD OUT ...
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

lumpyliew wrote:I am just wondering why doesn't LTD decks get SOLD OUT . Ellusionist has 100 + thousand of LIKES and SUBSCRIBERS on YouTube and Facebook and if a quarter of the subscribers are to get a deck of LTD , it would be long SOLD OUT ...
It's cost 50$ to get one. Not just below 10$ as sultan deck.
If they sell LTD at 10$, they'll be sold out in less than a minute.
BMPokerworld

Keep in mind, the Sultan Treasury decks are not sold out. The 2,500 they released are gone, but they still have more.

Thanks!
Mike
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

phantom1412 wrote:
lumpyliew wrote:I am just wondering why doesn't LTD decks get SOLD OUT . Ellusionist has 100 + thousand of LIKES and SUBSCRIBERS on YouTube and Facebook and if a quarter of the subscribers are to get a deck of LTD , it would be long SOLD OUT ...
It's cost 50$ to get one. Not just below 10$ as sultan deck.
If they sell LTD at 10$, they'll be sold out in less than a minute.
the subtotals of most orders are more than $50 i guess. most orders . 2500 of these LTD decks will be long gone as they have been giving them out for events
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Well, Ellusionist has finally chimed in on how many Treasury decks were printed...

Half the run is depleted!

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
phantom1412

So, there are another half waiting to be sold or gave away.

I like E for telling us the true print run of their limited decks, which is always 5000 decks print run.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

phantom1412 wrote:So, there are another half waiting to be sold or gave away.

I like E for telling us the true print run of their limited decks, which is always 5000 decks print run.
But only after they sold out of the first 2500 :|
They did allude to it when they said: "At this stage, only 2500 will be released for sale to the public."

I've seen worse tactics.
phantom1412

Sharpie wrote:
phantom1412 wrote:So, there are another half waiting to be sold or gave away.

But only after they sold out of the first 2500 :|
They did allude to it when they said: "At this stage, only 2500 will be released for sale to the public."

I've seen worse tactics.
By seeing they said "At this stage, only 2500 will be released for sale to the public." , I think many of us know they hidden meaning that there will be another stage. So it'll be more than 2500 decks. But we never know if it's 5k or 10k. By seeing them revealed the real number, I'm happy at that point.
alric

Unread post by alric »

Ellusionist is the most transparent out of all the other deck producers, so they should always get credit for that. Sure, they're into overhyping their decks, but at least they don't try to intentionally mislead us as to how "limited" or "rare" their decks actually are by disclosing concrete numbers. Thumbs up to them!
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

alric wrote:Ellusionist is the most transparent out of all the other deck producers, so they should always get credit for that. Sure, they're into overhyping their decks, but at least they don't try to intentionally mislead us as to how "limited" or "rare" their decks actually are by disclosing concrete numbers. Thumbs up to them!
Like I said, I've seen worse. <ahem>bluecrown<cough><cough>