The Frontier Deck (KS)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
cherrynukacola
Collector: Yes

Re: The Frontier Deck (KS)

Unread post by cherrynukacola »

They're available on their website: http://www.frontiercards.bigcartel.com/products" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
Cbkimble
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

cherrynukacola wrote:They're available on their website: http://www.frontiercards.bigcartel.com/products" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
That's what stopped me from grabbing a brick of each. Why do I need a brick now when I can just buy them on their site later. Beautiful decks would've sold more if they had limited the printing to o e run.
Firthetic

Unread post by Firthetic »

I'm happy to have pledged for this. I remember it almost didn't get funded.
Sher
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by Sher »

Cbkimble wrote:Why do I need a brick now when I can just buy them on their site later.
Decks on KS are generally cheaper than they are in the after market. In this case, a brick was $100 during the campaign. If you wanted a brick now, it would cost you $132.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Sher wrote:
Cbkimble wrote:Why do I need a brick now when I can just buy them on their site later.
Decks on KS are generally cheaper than they are in the after market. In this case, a brick was $100 during the campaign. If you wanted a brick now, it would cost you $132.
Right, and now shipping for the 2 decks is over $7. The $11 price point per deck is fine but $7+ shipping?? No me gusta. I understand that shipping is consolidated into the KS prices but for once I'd love to see a deck be shipped in the US for the $2.50-3 it actually costs.
Cbkimble

Sher wrote:
I won't buy a brick at one time though. Plus I'm sure GW bought a few gross and they'll have them at a de want price.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Hmmmm... Dan and Dave listed these on their site.

http://shop.dananddave.com/playing-card ... ntier.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

CBJ wrote:Hmmmm... Dan and Dave listed these on their site.

http://shop.dananddave.com/playing-card ... ntier.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wouldn't read much into it. They also offer Theory 11 decks on their site.

Plus they're nice decks with good artwork, I'm happy with mine.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

If the creator of these were in any way "affiliated" with DnD, the deck would've been on DeckStarter and not KickStarter. But I'd say it's pretty well done if the creator (of a random KS deck, to be frank) managed to get some kind of deal for DnD to sell these on their site. Kudos, and good for him.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Cbkimble

Re: The Frontier Deck (KS) (wap)

It could be possible that DnD put them over the top. As I recall, they have a large funding increase a day or before the campaign ended.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by rousselle »

Cbkimble, you make an interesting observation, and I think you may be right. I don't recall the jump at the end being particularly large, but it was exactly what was needed to seal the deal, and if it was D&D who had the good taste to help with that final push, then good on them, and good on those of the rest of us who had pledged and wanted these decks to happen.

FWIW, I really like these decks. A lot. Glad they saw the light of day, and glad they are being distributed more widely now that the KS backers have received their shipments.
This space intentionally left blank.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Gotta agree. I picked up a couple during the KS and they're nice decks to have. I like the vintage look of the tucks. For all the (justified) criticism the twins get, if this is true, then kudos for them!
flashcards
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because I wanted to share with you all the awesome deal I found on these decks. Some of our friendly retailers (who shall remain nameless) are selling them for either $15 or $40 per deck. Ebay has a range from $30 to $53 a pair while Amazon is the highest at $60 for a single blue deck and $50 for the red predator deck (total: $110 for the pair).

We recently got a catalog from an outdoor clothing retailer in Seattle called Filson http://www.filson.com. My wife, or as I like to call her, "The Enabler" pointed out that they were selling a boxed set for $22!

These came out before I started collecting so I wasn't familiar with them. When I saw how much they were going for, I jumped on them. Only one set, of course, since I'm not into reselling. I'm sure some of you with deeper pockets than mine will want to get a couple. I think the little cardboard box is cute. This will make a nice Christmas present for me if I can keep myself from opening it before then.

Oh, and if you needed any more incentive, shipping is free and it only took two days to ship from Seattle to Oregon.

Happy hunting to all.
LouCipherr
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by LouCipherr »

Nice! Thanks, flashcards, for the heads up this! I have no idea how I originally missed this KS campaign, but somehow I did. I really like this deck, so I'm pleased to see this set being offered somewhere at a reasonable price.

Thanks for letting us know about it! :mrgreen:
pablo19
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by pablo19 »

Ughh, I really want this boxed set, but international shipping is $70 :( :(
Any alternatives for us over at the other side of the pond? PM if anybody can help me out with this one...
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Pablo a small priority box to spain is $34 I can buy the set and send it but still expensive I could do first class mail for about $23 let me know
Cbkimble

You can check out http://www.jpplayingcards.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and see if either they have it available or contact them to see if they can get some. That would probably be the least expensive route.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.