Bicycle Apocalyptica Chromatics -- Kickstarter Complete!

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
malanthrax

Bicycle Apocalyptica Chromatics -- Kickstarter Complete!

Unread post by malanthrax »

First thank you to everyone who helped us with PM, suggestions, messages, and constructive criticism. Amazing amazing board!

Thank you.

Our little deck.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/117 ... world-ends" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You guys have seriously been awe inspiring with your assistance.

EDIT BY CBJ ********************

To see the original design thread for this deck, click this link...
http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Our Deck on KickStarter [Apocalyptica Chromatics]

Unread post by badpete69 »

Pledged
malanthrax

Thanks sir! We will be sending out thank you emails to all. Again. Seriously best more helpful group of people around!
Our first KS was in another sphere, role-playing, and the attitude difference between the two groups is honestly amazing.
malanthrax

All 100 early birds who jump in at 6 get an art print free. Due to the wrong number for shipping on that pledge level.
Thanks to the poster who discovered that.
elcyciB

Unread post by elcyciB »

Not for me, but I've got to hand it to the guys, they did a great job laying everything out...TONS of info on the deck and rewards and a nice little story behind it.

GOOD LUCK!

*Love the idea of having steel or glass "card" coasters
malanthrax

Man thanks alot. That is great to hear. I had so many people look at that damn KS and to have the first reward have an error makes me want to die. KS's page has some issues with updating at times and it kills me. So to hear that means all the difference.

Also many of the guys and gals here helped with identifying stuff on the layout. I love that you like it! Thanks to all.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

Just posted this to my page!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 408&type=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
malanthrax

Man thanks so much. Seriously so amazing.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Pledged! and I also posted it on my FB page dedicated to cards...

http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
malanthrax

Hey man thanks. That is freaking so awesome. I seriously just told my wife that without you guys and a couple others I would have stroked out by now. Trying to make sure things are right AND take care of your own issues to make sure that only uncontrollable things will cause you to not hit your goal was going to kill me. Without some of you here I would have been truly lost.
neongrey

Unread post by neongrey »

Really liking the look of this now... I'm in, and I'll need to think some about those steel cards. I like them and I want them but I'm going to have to work myself up to paying that shipping (which is a reasonable rate, it's just enough that I need to think about it). I don't do FB but I'll definitely tip off some people I know who might be interested.
malanthrax

Thanks Neon...ya shipping. Even with our RPG shipping was going to be a major issue and of course card decks are 1000x's worse. So difficult to figure out what is fair, what is safe, fast, effective, and ultimately doable in a time frame. Spreadsheets upon spreadsheets for that.
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

I earlybirded ;)
No matter where you go... there you are :|
malanthrax

We appreciate it Sharpie. Very much so!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Sharpie wrote:I earlybirded ;)
Don't worry, bro. It can happen to the best of us :lol:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Assassino13

Unread post by Assassino13 »

Love it, I will be a surefire backer.
My Youtube! "Time never waits. It delivers all equally to the same end. You, who wish to safeguard the future, however limited it may be. Go forth without falter, with your heart as your guide.
malanthrax

Thanks Assasino13 we know you will love them.
malanthrax

Wow...foreign deck resellers want a ton of bricks. I was assuming I would MAYBE get one or two requesting more. Yoinks.

Magik, if you think I have forgotten you and your international shipping disorder you are wrong:) Hahaha.
We added our first International special pledge for groups of steel cards and are working our way down.
malanthrax

Hi everyone!
Tonight I get to sit down with the custom poker chip maker and discuss a couple design changes before we get to printing more. Loving the design they really go well with the decks.
Thanks to everyone here who pledged and who offered advice. We are doing very well because of all of you.
malanthrax

Re: Bicycle Apocalyptica Chromatics -- Live on Kickstarter

Man amazing success. Thanks guys, I keep seeing United Cardists coming up as pledges. Appreciate the confidence.
Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

malanthrax wrote:Man amazing success. Thanks guys, I keep seeing United Cardists coming up as pledges. Appreciate the confidence.
Would really be great if you can give some of us internationals a break on shipping. $10 to ship the $25 cover coin?
malanthrax

Strag wrote:
malanthrax wrote:Man amazing success. Thanks guys, I keep seeing United Cardists coming up as pledges. Appreciate the confidence.
Would really be great if you can give some of us internationals a break on shipping. $10 to ship the $25 cover coin?
We don't have silver coins? Do you mean the poker hand protector? Its a mix of steel and glass and requires different shipping totally than if it were a quarter or a chip or something. Pretty heavy. Everything else is pretty status queue shipping as other projects. Actually way lower than a couple new ones that recently popped up. We are always doing what we can of course.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

malanthrax wrote:
Strag wrote:
We don't have silver coins? Do you mean the poker hand protector? Its a mix of steel and glass and requires different shipping totally than if it were a quarter or a chip or something. Pretty heavy. Everything else is pretty status queue shipping as other projects. Actually way lower than a couple new ones that recently popped up. We are always doing what we can of course.
Please do not use the argument "other projects are doing it so we can too". There are plenty of projects that have actually way UNDERCHARGED their backers as well (Reaper Bones KS charged a flat $25 for stuff which is going to cost them WAY more to ship).

Yup I meant the poker hand protector (also known as cover coins and card protectors to poker players). Sorry, but I'm just not buying that argument. Right now I'm in for 4 decks ($16 shipping) which is already too much on shipping. Let's remember the fact that you are INCLUDING shipping on US orders, so there should be some discount to make it "fair" for international backers. Now, add on top of that an additional $10, I'm now at $24 shipping.

Let's assume that the weight of 4 decks plus a coin = 1 pound (it may be more or may be less, but I think that's close, a deck of cards weighs 3 - 3.3 oz depending on the tuck). Domestic shipping via parcel post in the US would be $5.70. It would be less if you used a padded envelope, but I would hope for the sake of the decks arriving in good condition that you wouldn't do that.

Anyway, sent internationally that same package sent via First Class Mail would be $11.60. Sent via Priority Mail would be $16.95. So you can see why it seems you are making a significant amount of profit on International backers if I'm paying $24 plus the $5.70 "allowance" that should be figured in. You are obviously fine to leave your pricing the way it is, but I will say I will not back for anything more than the decks and it's possible I change my mind about that. I'm really not trying to be a d*ck here, I do think you'd do better overall with better international shipping prices, especially for the add-ons.
malanthrax

Strag.

I don't think you are being a D*ck. As with any project people will have issues with various aspects of it. The goal isn't to STOP being from getting something, so no project manager should ever think someone who wants their product but is having an issue with a specific cost is a D*ck. Never.

I am a firm believer in making sure I and anyone else gets what they think is fair. That being said I have stated in the updates we are always looking for ways to assist others. We take every single realistic suggestion to the team accountant. This is one of them that was brought up by 2 others aside from you.

Either way, pledge or no pledge, I do appreciate the information.
Strag

Unread post by Strag »

I should note, there is now a pledge for international that includes shipping for 3 decks for $28. I appreciate that he has listened and reacted so I went ahead and switched my pledge to that level and added a cover coin. Thanks for listening, see it works!
malanthrax

Thanks Strang.

And we are now funded.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

malanthrax wrote:Thanks Strang.

And we are now funded.
Congrats! Hopefully some of the overfunding will be completed.
malanthrax

Thanks Evan. I think a good number of them will in the next 25 days including the limited deck back.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

This KS campaign is complete!

Congrats guys.

It raised $22,864 with 590 backers!

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
malanthrax

Re: Bicycle Apocalyptica Chromatics -- Kickstarter Complet

Thanks CBJ. It has been exhausting but awesome:)