VOTE - Box or Cards?

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.

Which is more important to you?

The design of the box.
19%
The design of the cards.
81%

Total votes: 48

anep

Re: VOTE - Box or Cards?

Unread post by anep »

as a collector, box is more important. if people like cards more, they will open the rare decks and i think a lot of collectors did not open them.

take the black ghost for example. i think people will pay more to buy black ghost 2nd edition cards in black ghost 1st edition box rather than the opposite. so this shows that the box is more important/valuable than the cards
dazzleguts
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Das Kartenspiel Des Oberdeutsc
Decks Owned: 885

Unread post by dazzleguts »

Actually I wouldn't buy either mixed set of box and cards unless it was cheap. I have a UV500 black tiger that I picked up at a second hand store. The box is worn but whole, and the cards are all there and mint, so I am happy to have it.
Worldwide Time Machine

"Cards from far off lands and bygone days!"
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

I would be in the middle I guess... I usually have two of the same deck . One to open and another to keep sealed and display .. So both designs on cards and box must be "appealing"
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
DukeBoy
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

Howdy all,
I am more of a card guy myself. But I have to admit I have a very collective personality. If I start to collect anything then it goes overboard as fast as my wallet will open. I have started to make sure I pick up atleast 2 decks of each design (3 if multiple back colors). 1 to play with/look at the other to sit in the collection and pay for retirement :lol: . With the Asylum Deck on KS I only got the 1 for the collection because I hated the card design but I was in love with the maiden on the box. To me the two styles of art did not match up. I do not think that the reverse could happen. If they put a fantastic deck in a plane white box with "playing cards" on it I would still buy the 2 decks.

10-4 over and out.
10-4 over and out
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

I need a third option... BOTH

Too many times most of the effort is spent on the Tuck Box and the cards aren't even customized... It's a total let down, even if I'm never going to open a deck.