your all time favorite

Anything and everything playing cards!
Fluffykitten

your all time favorite

Unread post by Fluffykitten »

what is your all time favorite deck or decks?

if you have a link to purchase please share as well!!

GO!!
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: your all time favorite

Unread post by badpete69 »

Hey Fluffy

Good question...I am not quite sure yet. Like I said in my intro thread I have purchased hundreds of decks in the past year and I do not think I could answer just yet. By the way (shameless plug) I have bought 95% of my decks present and past through Mike at BMPokerworld. Go check out their ebay listings or their online store. He has tons of decks you would surely like
Fluffykitten

badpete69 wrote:Hey Fluffy

Good question...I am not quite sure yet. Like I said in my intro thread I have purchased hundreds of decks in the past year and I do not think I could answer just yet. By the way (shameless plug) I have bought 95% of my decks present and past through Mike at BMPokerworld. Go check out their ebay listings or their online store. He has tons of decks you would surely like
wow sounds amazing!! you should post some photos of your collection in your intro thread!

as for bmpoker world. i have actually checked them out, but i dont know why i didnt shop there..

edit, now i remember. when you click on something, get a new tab and then you have to click again to put it in your cart and then you have to click to add to cart, put in the quantity, and then close that tab. thats four click to put something in your cart. annoying for one deck, but when you are like me and you put 20 decks in your cart and then decide which ones you want most, thats 20 tabs you have to close. super annoying. i end up just not bothering and getting my decks elsewhere.
nlingg12

Unread post by nlingg12 »

I would have to say my two unopened decks of English Ovals cigarettes playing cards. They were given to me by my dad and they belonged to my grandfather. I don't believe they are worth too much money (even though they are from the 50's or 60's I think) but they are priceless to me! These decks and a few others I have sparked an interest to start my card collection. My favorite modern deck of cards has to be The Seasons decks. The design of the cards from the tuck case to the back design and faces is very nice, they handle great too! 8-)
" Buy the ticket, take the ride " - HT
Fluffykitten

nlingg12 wrote:I would have to say my two unopened decks of English Ovals cigarettes playing cards. They were given to me by my dad and they belonged to my grandfather. I don't believe they are worth too much money (even though they are from the 50's or 60's I think) but they are priceless to me! These decks and a few others I have sparked an interest to start my card collection. My favorite modern deck of cards has to be The Seasons decks. The design of the cards from the tuck case to the back design and faces is very nice, they handle great too! 8-)
what a great story! and those are the decks that really matter. the ones that mean something to us emotionally and personally.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

I don't know about my all time favorite but right now, my favorite deck is the Tendril Deck.
law_kid

Unread post by law_kid »

Angel Back Squeezers (reprints) or Texan 45 reprints (non-palmetto). I'm a sucker for vintage faces.
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Hard to pick a favorite deck, it is like a favorite song which can change with my moods.

I will list two as they have distinct reasons
1-Artifice for upperscale card magic
2-Blue Bloods for that beautiful art work.
Fluffykitten

walrus wrote:Hard to pick a favorite deck, it is like a favorite song which can change with my moods.

I will list two as they have distinct reasons
1-Artifice for upperscale card magic
2-Blue Bloods for that beautiful art work.
Oh those are good!!!

I need to get some blue bloods. You know they have a new deck on kickstarter!
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

Blue bloods are definately in my top 5.
I got a brick and I am down to about 6. I have cut back on my use of them because I don't want to run out.
Propaganda is up there as well due to my affinity to gas masks

My favorite deck is currently my Sumo deck, because I got it at the last tournament I attended and it has Asashoryu in it, it happened to be Asashoryu's last tournament aswell. I don't play with this dek but it is open and I do look through the images from time to time. Handling is nothing to speak of it is your standard glossy finish souvenir deck.
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
decksparadise

Unread post by decksparadise »

Haha, there's really a number of decks which are my all time favorite but i won't list them all down. Old studs is 1 of them. Its fans good and the cards are thin, making springs and dribble really easy. Another is bicycle eco edition, which is quite durable, and the green color on it just looks awesome. :P
Simplicity is beautiful.
SilvaAce

Unread post by SilvaAce »

I really like SplitSpades Lions, the box is my all time favorite.
Propaganda's are also at the top of my list.
Fluffykitten

decksparadise wrote:Haha, there's really a number of decks which are my all time favorite but i won't list them all down. Old studs is 1 of them. Its fans good and the cards are thin, making springs and dribble really easy. Another is bicycle eco edition, which is quite durable, and the green color on it just looks awesome. :P
you know i really like the eco edition. i was going get a six pack. i know not everyone likes them but i like the color, the court cards colors.
Montag

Unread post by Montag »

Hi everyone, this will be my first post. I was just reading the old posts and couldn't resist to post on this one because it made me go through my decks and the decks on my shopping list.

I can't name just one deck. There are many decks which are my favorite.

The Helveticards
The Deck of the Living Dead (and their upcoming Deck of the Extraordinary Voyages)
Americana (and Brimstone when I manage to buy one)
The upcoming Vanda will surely be one of my favorites because I like typographical experiments so much
Blue Blood (and their upcoming Bohemia)
JAQK

There are certain decks which are my favorite only partially because of their back design like the Blue Tone or the Key West for their back color or some decks for only their box designs like DeckONE or decks like Devos Blades Blood Metal Edition for their silver sides or Bycycle's Zombie Deck for their concept etc.