Theory 11 - UNCUT SHEETS FOR $50

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
JokerzGamez
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes

Theory 11 - UNCUT SHEETS FOR $50

Unread post by JokerzGamez »

Another promotion from Theory 11 in conjunction with their 6th birthday. They are releasing sets of 5 uncut sheets for $50. The uncuts available are Artisans, Steampunk, Sentinels, Rebels and Silver Monarchs.

Only 100 sets are available on the website http://www.theory11.com/products/uncut- ... collection What do you think? Good value for money?
"First rule of magic: always be the smartest guy in the room"

- Jesse Eisenberg, Now You See Me
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Theory 11 - UNCUT SHEETS FOR $50

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

It's certainly good value if you collect uncuts and like the decks they're selling.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

This is a good value only in the sense that this price point is closer to what uncut sheets should really be sold at. Uncuts don't cost a penny more to produce, yet people charge $30 to $70 for uncut sheets - the biggest rip-off in the playing card industry (after any D&D product). The USPCC have always sold their uncut sheets in their 808 Club for under $10. This smells more like an inventory dump to me...
see_squared
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by see_squared »

This is a great deal for uncut collectors indeed. I think the price of uncuts (generally $30) is fair....you're paying for a limited quantity item (1/100 or 1/250) as opposed to 1 out of 10,000 decks produced. At least with D&D you get an actual deck to accompany the uncut sheet.

Club 808 uncuts are of course priced the best, but then again, they made them. They can always sell their decks at a lower price than a retailer.

Imagine if you had the opportunity to own an uncut sheet of Jerry's or Golden Nugget's back in the day...if you like a deck enough, you get get the uncut...it's just a collectors item.
BLACKWHITE

Unread post by BLACKWHITE »

I think it's great deal.
Also by shipping costs - to Europe paid 26$ for set - 5, before was like 26$ for 1 and about 60$ for 5...
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

see_squared wrote:I think the price of uncuts (generally $30) is fair....you're paying for a limited quantity item (1/100 or 1/250) as opposed to 1 out of 10,000 decks produced.
That's one way of looking at it. To me they're the same item, so I can't say I share your view. I see it as one of those food items with "less of" or "without" something, yet they cost more than the original.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
th4mo

Unread post by th4mo »

MagikFingerz wrote:That's one way of looking at it. To me they're the same item...
I have to agree with the svede on this one. :shock: ;)

The only reason to charge any more for these than for a deck might be because there's probably a little bit more time and care involved in shipping/handling for these... Or not.

It's simply not the kind of situation where it's a different item with low demand that can justify a higher price.

The sellers are simply taking advantage of the fact that collectors are willing to pay inflated prices because they *really* want the uncuts. I guess you can always say that the price of an item is determined by what buyers are willing to pay... But rarely is the discrepancy between "cost" and "price" so transparent as it is in a case like this.
Keep it Sizzlin'!