Redesigned Socially Positive Playing Cards Now Live on Kicks

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Redesigned Socially Positive Playing Cards Now Live on Kicks

Unread post by badpete69 »

Russell

Re: Redesigned Socially Positive Playing Cards Now Live on K

Unread post by Russell »

As a designer I try not to trash other peoples designs because I believe constructive criticism works much better. That being said, they should throw everything they have in the garbage.

They couldn't even write their own reward levels...
Miss the $5 level reward? Don't worry, you still can save off retail prices here too! Order as multiple decks as you want for only $7 each! Want 3 decks? Just pledge $21. + FREE SHIPPING (USA/APO/FPO) Canada Backers add $1 per deck. International backers please add $3 per deck.
Free APO/FPO... sounds similar to Adam's Army Men deck, no, it is exactly what Adam wrote.

This is my favorite though....
UNCUT SHEET - You receive an uncut sheet of cards and 3 decks. Want a Deck or two? Just add $6 a deck extra + FREE SHIPPING (USA/APO/FPO) - Canada Backers add $5 and $1 per deck. International add $10 + $1/deck
...uncut sheet and 3 decks, want a deck or two?... ugh.
Adam

Unread post by Adam »

Well at least they took the time to remove the words "Army Men Deck" from their rewards they Cut-and-Paste from my project.

Strag
White Whale: None
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Strag »

One of the worst decks and poorly written KS I have ever seen. They are really coming out of the woodwork now. Ugh. Will. Not. Back.
law_kid

Unread post by law_kid »

Wow. Back Design FAIL.
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

From the project - Earlier this year my buddy and I were playing cards and I thought/said what heck is a Jack supossed to be? a Jester, the prince, or what?
Do you think if we explained to them what a jack is they will just cancel the project.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I like the subtle one way back.

The thing I can not grasp right now is the fact that 2 decks in one day just opened up on Kickstarter.
Question for Adam, Russel, or anyone else that has a KS project up now or recently. I know that kickstarter is doing a review process now and your project doesn't go up right away, but can you choose to delay the start if you want to.
I am just trying to figure out why people would keep pumping more decks into the flooded Kickstarter landscape. Don't get me wrong I love some of the recent decks that have been put up, but I am certain I would be pledging more to Uusi, Army men, and Vanda, if they came out next month as this month I am pledging my first born to the Cthulhu deck. (I know some of those started before the Cthulhu deck, it is just a shame)
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
twiscold

Unread post by twiscold »

this is a joke right :lol:
Strag
White Whale: None

Unread post by Strag »

It's a fair point. I mean, 16 decks currently active? Some of these are looking quite fishy as well (as in, will they actually deliver). I've backed a fair amount of them (probably 12 or so) but I'm starting to get concerned. Even some that funded a while ago are going quite silent; Core hasn't updated in a month and was supposed to be receiving decks sometime this week, Ultraviolet keeps delaying and delaying (and not being super helpful with their updates), Galaxy Cards doesn't look like they have any intention to deliver and I have a feeling it will be a sub-par product. Is this the case of the goose being killed? If so, it's a shame as a resurgence in card collecting etc was looking to begin.
Adam

Unread post by Adam »

This is the letter you receive when they approve your project:
Thanks for sending us your project for review. It looks like everything falls within our guidelines. Hooray! That means that whenever you're ready, you can hit the green launch button and make your project live. There's no deadline to launch, though, so take your time.

Some last-minute tips before you launch:

*Check out other projects in your category, and back one to get a feel for the experience.
*Visit Kickstarter School: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
*Use the Preview button to see what your project will look like when it's live, and share it with friends for feedback.
*Add a video, if you haven't already! This is really important. Here's why: http://www.kickstarter.com/help/school/ ... your_video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

You'll do great! We can't wait to see your project live.

Best,
Kickstarter

Important Reminder: Our review process is not an exact science. When we find things that are objectionable, whether they were missed during review (we're sorry, but it happens!) or they were added after the fact, we remove projects from our site's browse functionality until they're fixed. In extreme cases, we remove the project altogether. That's unpleasant for everyone, so just be sure everything's within code before you launch.
So yes, you have as much time as you need, and a lot of these card should have waited to launch, Several of them should have waited as their good designs are going unnoticed in a flooded KS Market, Some should have delayed and worked on their design a bit more and some should probably have scrapped the whole idea all together.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

Damn these are ugly!
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

Oh my. Well I guess there has to be one in every crowd.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
decksparadise

Unread post by decksparadise »

What a deck, i guess that could explain why the funding is so low and farrrr from the target amount. :roll:
Simplicity is beautiful.
Epic Mythos

Unread post by Epic Mythos »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............*COUGH*
Gareth

Unread post by Gareth »

With $312 from 20 backers the average pledge is very low (especially once you take out the $100 and $55 pledge...)

It does show that the community has some taste. This is darnwinian principles at work folks, the weak get annihilated and only the strong survive.
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

Looks like this deck will be printed....right around NEVER. lol
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

It's like someone took a bunch of clip art from an old version of Office/Word and went crazy... *cringe* :roll:
Oswin
Magician: Yes

Unread post by Oswin »

Have you receive your decks !? :roll:
"Le temps passe, mais les oeufs durs !" - Daniel Prévost
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

it was not successful in the funding campain.
10-4 over and out
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

You know how we were all slightly complaining about the oversaturation of playing card projects on Kickstarter a few months back? I'm kinda missing those deck from Oct-Jan... as lately, it's mostly disappointment... (aside from the Hedge and SiShou decks)...

:(