Titanium Tally Ho's worth it?/T11 Different from Ohio Stock?

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Coconut

Titanium Tally Ho's worth it?/T11 Different from Ohio Stock?

Unread post by Coconut »

I'd like to buy a couple of bricks just for normal use, and I want to know whether the titanium tally ho's are really worth the extra $3 or should I just get the standard Tally Ho's?

I also heard from other forums that the Theory11 Titanium Tally Ho's are totally different from normal Tally Ho's due to the stock, Theory11 not using Linoid finish even though they advertise it as such and not lasting as long due to the factory moving from Cincinnati, Ohio to Erlanger, Kentucky.

Any truth to this?

Thank you very much. :)
Evan

Re: Titanium Tally Ho's worth it?/T11 Different from Ohio St

Unread post by Evan »

I prefer the Titanium Tallys over regular ones any day. The stock feels a bit stiffer and it definitely lasts longer. The look of the deck is also nicer with the metallic inks and recolored court cards. That's just my opinion.
Coconut

Unread post by Coconut »

Glad to hear.

I'm just worried from people saying that the Erlanger Tally Ho's blow and how they have rough edges so I thought it might continue onto T11's Tally Ho's.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

Coconut wrote:Glad to hear.

I'm just worried from people saying that the Erlanger Tally Ho's blow and how they have rough edges so I thought it might continue onto T11's Tally Ho's.
It couldn't hurt to order a pair and see how you like them.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I'm pretty sure the Linoid finish has been out of commission for some time now, although it was rumored to have been brought back for a few limited decks (although this was to my knowledge never confirmed officially and didn't have anything to do with any Tallys, titanium or not).

The Tally Ho Titaniums are printed in Kentucky, Erlanger, and are as such different from any Ohio-printed deck. Ohio Tallys are still coveted by card handlers as some of the best handling cards out there (myself included). In my personal opinion, I don't think the Titaniums are worth it unless you're buying a set for your collection.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

I not a flourisher, but I use the new Tally's for poker and euchre games. They feel great to me, better than a Walmart Bicycle deck at least. Plus, there is nothing like a Tally circle-back, great design!
laranovales

Unread post by laranovales »

The old ohio Tallys were amazing! Even as they get worn down they handled great.
The Titaniums, I feel doesn't last as long and doesn't age quite as well. But they're okay enough.

As for buying a brick. Its really up to your preference. Try using them first and then see if you really like it enough for it to be your staple deck for flourishing or magic. And then decide to buy a brick or whatever.
"why go through the world unnoticed?"
twiscold

Unread post by twiscold »

although i love almost anything with metallic ink and titanium tally ho are very nice cards i do prefer ohio tallys. atleast from my experience ohio tally last longer and handles slightly better.
cosmicsecret
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

Do not buy the Tally Ho's from T11.They sell the Erlanger,KY ones.
You can get them cheaper (Erlanger,KY) from ebay.
I only had one Tally Ho Titanium and it handled not bad.
The metallic ink somehow makes it feel differently and the stock is not as thick
As the Ohio Tally Ho's.
If you handle them with care and guard them in a card clip they do indeed last long.
Are they worth the extra money? Thats your decision once you compared them....i would say no.
1of each in my collection but thats it....
If i had to choose between T11 Titanium Ho's or Erlanger,KY Ho's i would go for Bee Stingers :-D
Seb

Unread post by Seb »

twiscold wrote:although i love almost anything with metallic ink and titanium tally ho are very nice cards i do prefer ohio tallys. atleast from my experience ohio tally last longer and handles slightly better.
My thoughts exactly. But there's a thousand different opinions out there. You just gotta try the cards that appeal to you and see what feels right...
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."