"Fifth Deception" Playing Cards - Signup Form

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
LiquidSleight

"Fifth Deception" Playing Cards - Signup Form

Unread post by LiquidSleight »

Hey there guys! In about two weeks or so I will be launching a KickStarter campaign for my new "Fifth Deception" playing cards, which have already been briefly featured on TuckCase,com! If you'd like to get updates (info, images and more) before ANYBODY ELSE, please click on this link:

http://facebook.us6.list-manage.com/sub ... bade2a3bf2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It will take you to the signup form where all you need to do is enter your name and email, and THAT'S IT.

Hope you enjoy!

-Eric
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: "Fifth Deception" Playing Cards - Signup Form

Unread post by max »

Not too much for the moment, but you can find some images and info about the deck and its inspiration in my new post:

http://www.maxplayingcards.com/en/2013/ ... -illusion/

(Spanish version also available)
Attachments
FifthDeceptionBack.jpg
FifthDeceptionBack.jpg (140.81 KiB) Viewed 545 times
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Too much negative space on the back design for my liking. He should put a circular design element in the center of the card (for better looking card spins) and flesh out the design in the corners of the card more (for better fans), this would also fill in some of the negative space. It looks like the card has a red border, does that mean the faces of the card are red? Its playing card design 101 not to have different colored back borders from the front face of the cards.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

In addition to what Sinjin said, I'd say the back design should also have a centerpiece. Something just seems to be missing without anything in the middle. And the swirls around the V is not working at all, it just looks like it's hairy :?
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

sinjin7 wrote:... It looks like the card has a red border, does that mean the faces of the card are red? ...
Haven't you see the other images in the article?

I posted here just one
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Ah, I read your article now and I see what he's doing border-wise. However, I don't see how this deck evokes Simulation, nor do I see any decks based on some of the other P&T 7 principles of magic (Ditching, for one - unless you make a deck so crappy people will want to throw it away immediately!) I agree with Magik in that the scale of the filigrees surrounding the V's are too small so they do end up looking hairy. That tuck box design looks good when its all spread open in uncut fashion, but I question whether it will work when its folded into an actual tuck box. Again, way too much negative space. Maybe it would work if it were a logo that takes up so little real estate on the tuck box, like the Black/Gold Crown decks, but a few vines and leaves might not be enough - it doesn't do enough to identify the deck. On he positive side, the pips look really nice. Overall, I think this deck will need a few more tweaks...
LiquidSleight

Unread post by LiquidSleight »

The explanation for the deck's relation to SIMULATION was not described in the article, though I specifically sent it for that reason, but we all make mistakes. I chose the name because we as magicians spend our career presenting one thing as something else entirely. While you may not see this in the back design, it is because YOU are the magician, the performer, the deceiver (NOT the cards), who is responsible for the hidden beauty. I will definitely put something in the middle of the design, and I'll see what I can do about the V's. This is why I have the email updates; so people can give me some of their ideas and things that maybe THEY'D like to see. It's no fun when people keep putting out decks that don't inspire you because they've got nothing you want or like. And thank you for the comment on the pips. :) It's a learning process, every step of the way.

-E.S.