Bicycle Secret Weapon Playing Cards Re-issue

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
BMPokerworld

Bicycle Secret Weapon Playing Cards Re-issue

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

Bicycle secret weapon Playing Cards are going to be reproduced. They should be available on our website around the first week of July. Check out our blog post for more info:

http://blog.bmpokerworld.com/2013/06/bi ... cards.html

Thanks!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Re: Bicycle Secret Weapon Playing Cards Coming Soon

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Already got one of these. I'd rather see a reprint of the map deck, can't remember the name. The one where the layers of each card could be seperated to reveal a map for POW's to escape.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Firthetic

Unread post by Firthetic »

MagikFingerz wrote:Already got one of these. I'd rather see a reprint of the map deck, can't remember the name. The one where the layers of each card could be seperated to reveal a map for POW's to escape.
That'll be the Bicycle Escape Deck: http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1301

I want both decks! Always thought it was cool, the way these cards were used as weapons.
BMPokerworld

MagikFingerz wrote:Already got one of these. I'd rather see a reprint of the map deck, can't remember the name. The one where the layers of each card could be seperated to reveal a map for POW's to escape.

They are reprinting a similar version of the original map deck. Go to my blog for more details:

http://blog.bmpokerworld.com/2013/02/bi ... -soon.html

Thanks!
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Two usual questions, Mike- will you be carrying the Escape deck and if so, for how much? If I had to guess I would say YES and 5.95 or less :)
BMPokerworld

vasta41 wrote:Two usual questions, Mike- will you be carrying the Escape deck and if so, for how much? If I had to guess I would say YES and 5.95 or less :)

Yes once it is available. I do not have finally pricing yet, but It should be in that range.

Thanks!
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

Don't take me the wrong way but I'd definitely get a deck of these, though I'd rather have an original set as I collect militaria as well. My father use to tell me stories of how after an engagement in Vietnam while processing the dead they would indeed break out a deck, lick the back of a card and stick it to the forehead of each and every body. Very morbid if you think about it and would never fly in today's Army but at the same time quite interesting.
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
BMPokerworld

chach wrote:Don't take me the wrong way but I'd definitely get a deck of these, though I'd rather have an original set as I collect militaria as well. My father use to tell me stories of how after an engagement in Vietnam while processing the dead they would indeed break out a deck, lick the back of a card and stick it to the forehead of each and every body. Very morbid if you think about it and would never fly in today's Army but at the same time quite interesting.

This is one deck that is probably going to be indistinguishable from the original.

Thanks!
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

It looks like the only difference will be the omission of the "Cincinnati U.S.A."

Old

New

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

Also looks like the font, specifically for U.S. Playing Card Co., is different.

Hard to tell at this distance, but check out the capital 'C's and the 'g' in "playing". Definitely not the same.
But that's just nitpicking. ;)
No matter where you go... there you are :|
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Is this the same deck that Merz and a few others are selling. Those say Desert shield on them
BMPokerworld

No those are the ones from desert storm, but it is the same deck at way less money.

Thanks!
chach
White Whale: Vietnam Era Secret Weapon
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by chach »

badpete69 wrote:Is this the same deck that Merz and a few others are selling. Those say Desert shield on them
They were issued to soldiers at both times, the ones made in 89 - 90 for Desert Shied / Storm state "Desert Shield" at the bottom of the front of the tuck. The ones created in the 60s for the Vietnam "conflict" don't state anything as it is the first time they were printed. They come with regular Blue & Red rider backs but are just Ace of Spades. You need deep pockets for original packs of the Vietnam era decks, the Desert Shield ones can be had for less than $30. There are more of the DS ones as 1.) It's a more recent conflict & 2.) While they were issued, they weren't used that much if at all whereas the Vietnam ones were used quite liberally. Side note, the Vietnamese saw the AoS as a bad luck symbol / death symbol and were quite superstitious where as the Iraqis didn't really care what it meant.

I'm glad that they made a change to the box so that someone will not be able to try and pass them off as the original thing as they command quite hefty prices, 100 - 200 easy for even a bad / fair condition deck. That's if you can find them. Every time I've seen them come up for sale, they were either out of my price range or gone before I could get my offer in. While I'd love a mint sealed box, I'd even go for a fair condition already opened original Vietnam set but for now I'll settle for these. What can I say, I'm easy to please. ;)
WTB/WTT: Vietnam Era Bicycle Secret Weapon Deck
Preformer19

Unread post by Preformer19 »

Looking forward to this one!!!
BMPokerworld

We now have these in stock:

http://www.bmpokerworld.com/bicycle-sec ... -cards.php

Thanks!
Paul Middleton
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Re: Bicycle Secret Weapon Playing Cards Re-issue

Unread post by Paul Middleton »

We'll have these in stock in the next few days.
http://jpplayingcards.co.uk/bicycle-sec ... ying-cards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.JPGAMESltd.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
EXCLUSIVE OFFERS FOR UC MEMBERS