Haggis Decks on Kickstarter

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
DukeBoy
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 100

Haggis Decks on Kickstarter

Unread post by DukeBoy »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hG0woyYko4[/youtube]
The "Ross Clan" deck - Haggis themed standard playing cards.

Included as bonus promo item - each and every copy of Haggis you get through this project will also include a deck of playing cards. These cards are made to the same specs as the Haggis deck - but are ranked as a traditional card deck - 4 suits of cards, ace through king of each suit. Gary Simpson, who did the original Haggis art three years ago has made the new royal cards. Luis Francisco, our graphic designer for the past three years has worked his magic to make this a great looking deck of cards.

We are only going to do one print run of this deck - we'll do enough to get everyone on this project a deck, and if we get enough supporters this (and Essen pick-up) will be the only way to get these.

In no case will this special deck of cards be part of the Haggis game at retail.

Haggis features a five suited deck - with some special features that make this game a truly elegant mix of design and mechanics. Every player starts each hand with three wild cards - so the deck features royal cards that are double sided that make it easy to sort and redistribute before the next hand. And since the 3-5-7-9 of each suit are worth a point each when captured, and the royal cards are worth 2,3 or 5 points each - those point values are listed on each card. These little details are what make Haggis such a great mix of a traditional card game and modern hobby game design.
I like finding odd ball card decks, down side they are Bridge size.

***EDIT***
you can check out the review of the game along with images
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/631 ... ducing-a-t
10-4 over and out
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Haggis Decks on Kickstarter

Unread post by badpete69 »

hehehe when I saw the 13 days to go I said to myself where did this deck come from as I did a complete sweep a few days ago...but I see it just got listed 5 minutes ago short campaign I guess
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Re: Haggis Decks on Kickstarter

Unread post by DukeBoy »

badpete69 wrote:hehehe when I saw the 13 days to go I said to myself where did this deck come from as I did a complete sweep a few days ago...but I see it just got listed 5 minutes ago short campaign I guess
I guess they are banking on their fan base from the other 8 successful projects.
10-4 over and out