Black Label White Lions

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sirlittle

Black Label White Lions

Unread post by sirlittle »

David Blaine just posted about the black label white lions on his website. http://shop.davidblaine.com/blogs/news/ ... ng-10-1-12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Evan

Re: Black Label White Lions

Unread post by Evan »

Finally! I've been waiting to get my hands on these. I just wish they would release the Silver SS at the same time.

White Lions Black Label Deck
-------------------
Release Date: Sunday, September 30th at midnight EST
Where: http://shop.davidblaine.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The "Black Label" White Lions is the deck that David personally uses when he performs magic. The combination of the white on white embossing, silver foil, and matte white finish box is the perfect synthesis of elegance, simplicity, and quality. In addition, the Black Label decks have the highest contrast of all of the White Lions, which noticeably enhances some of the deck's features. We have decided to release these for sale to the general public starting Sunday night at midnight EST.

Our entire run of White Lions Series A playing cards sold out in just a few hours, and now sell on ebay for upwards of $20 per deck. Due to popular demand, we have reimagined, reworked, and reprinted the deck so they can be both available and affordable.

The Series B White Lions are a product of almost a year's worth of collaboration with the United States Playing Card Company. Numerous factors are considered when creating a deck of playing cards, including printing press type, paper moisture, card stock, and embossing pressure. No expense was spared in creating Series B, as is evident the moment they are in your hands.

Our new box design includes silver foil stamping, detailed embossing, and a matte white finish never before seen on any deck of cards. Due to the difficult and time-consuming process required to print and package this new box paper type, the USPC is no longer able to provide this finish. The cards themselves are printed on the highest quality stock to produce a feel so noticeably good you won't want to put them down." - David Blaine
Attachments
Combined_large.jpg
MG_7579_large.jpg
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

Love the white on white embossed box!
Any idea of the print run?
No matter where you go... there you are :|
alric
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Unread post by alric »

For me, the White Lions have played themselves out. We already got Series A, Series B, Blue decks, Red decks, and now a black deck. Aside from the marking system, the back design is boring now. This is trending dangerously close to Dan and Dave's recoloring nonsense. I'm with Evan, bring on the Silver Split Spades, that will get me excited again.
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

I'm a little sick of it as well. He is releasing them to soon to one another, and the red one is still in stock!!

Ugh.

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
cosmicsecret
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

I´m still waiting for my blue ones since they have been shipped in the first week of August.(had emailed with their customer service and they offered me to send a new package out,that was 3 weeks ago).
Then i bought 6 red decks...its now nearly 1 month ago since i bought them.
Nothing has arrived yet and now the black label version is being relased....i dont know but i could have saved at least 1 time shipping cost (and they charge a lot if you ask me), since the red series B is still in stock.
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

What bothers me about this is that these cards are far too similar. Secondly, they were most likely all printed at the same time and have just been sitting in a warehouse, but by releasing them a few weeks apart the collectors shell out for shipping each time. And since they are not charging $2-3 dollars for shipping, they are making profit on that each time. Kind of unfair IMO.

But the collectors will buy them every time, so there's really no one to blame other than the consumer.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

Encarded wrote:What bothers me about this is that these cards are far too similar. Secondly, they were most likely all printed at the same time and have just been sitting in a warehouse, but by releasing them a few weeks apart the collectors shell out for shipping each time. And since they are not charging $2-3 dollars for shipping, they are making profit on that each time. Kind of unfair IMO.

But the collectors will buy them every time, so there's really no one to blame other than the consumer.
Completely agree! Specially hard for international buyers where the shipping quotes are not trivial at all...
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

$13.90/2 $71.40/brick. Oh, and $18.95 domestic ship.

Price could be "Due to the difficult and time-consuming process required to print and package this new box paper type, the USPC is no longer able to provide this finish."
Or just plain greed.

...Going with greed.
SecureChanger

Unread post by SecureChanger »

$71.40/brick Shipping Cost is $52.95 , Really crazy
cosmicsecret

SecureChanger wrote:$71.40/brick Shipping Cost is $52.95 , Really crazy
I'm really pissed on the shipping prices,sorry for my wording.
Let me give you a summary of how this evolved :
Series B blue : up to 6decks (3x2deck sets) shipping internatinal.$16.95
Series B red : up to 6decks (3x2deck sets) shipping international $21.95.(a extra fiver for what?)
Series B Black Label : up to 6decks (3x2 deck sets) shipping international $52.95!!!

Wow! This must be a serious coding error or they really want to rip you off now at the 2deck sets.
Paying $21.95 for 2 decks to be shipped is f-ing ripping off

I'm gonna send a email to the customer support now!

PS: and by magic,the Series B red decks dissappeared from the shop.
SecureChanger

Unread post by SecureChanger »

cosmicsecret wrote:
SecureChanger wrote:$71.40/brick Shipping Cost is $52.95 , Really crazy
I'm really pissed on the shipping prices,sorry for my wording.
Let me give you a summary of how this evolved :
Series B blue : up to 6decks (3x2deck sets) shipping internatinal.$16.95
Series B red : up to 6decks (3x2deck sets) shipping international $21.95.(a extra fiver for what?)
Series B Black Label : up to 6decks (3x2 deck sets) shipping international $52.95!!!

Wow! This must be a serious coding error or they really want to rip you off now at the 2deck sets.
Paying $21.95 for 2 decks to be shipped is f-ing ripping off

I'm gonna send a email to the customer support now!

PS: and by magic,the Series B red decks dissappeared from the shop.
I cannot undestand why the shipping cost is very2 high.

Now Black Label after that Silver Label ?? Or Gold Label ? Or NO LABEL ?? LOL
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

SecureChanger wrote:
I cannot undestand why the shipping cost is very2 high.

Now Black Label after that Silver Label ?? Or Gold Label ? Or NO LABEL ?? LOL

By the time they get to the NO LABEL edition it will be $1836 shipping for a brick. :mrgreen:
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

well the shipping rates never changed for me on all 3 different releases...

Blue ( 1 brick )
$59.40 + 37.95 shipping

Red ( 1 brick )
$59.40 + 37.95 shipping

Black Label ( 1 brick )
$71.40 + 37.95 shipping

So,the cost of the decks went up by $1 each, but the shipping rate stayed the same. There was only 1 shipping rate available to me in Canada, and I find $37.95 crazy expensive!

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

$37.95 for shipping a brick is still not as ridiculous as $21.95 for shipping a pair...

These guys belong in the crack thread :roll:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
cosmicsecret

They fixed the shipping a bit...it is now up to 6 decks (like it was before) for $21.95
But guess what Tannens Magic shop send out a email a few minutes ago....and they offer every color version
For $7.95 a deck.
http://www.tannens.com/shop//cart.php?m ... ail&p=9701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm gonna ask them about shipping and i might save a lot on shipping (and they got the shifters decks i want)
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

cosmicsecret wrote:They fixed the shipping a bit...it is now up to 6 decks (like it was before) for $21.95
But guess what Tannens Magic shop send out a email a few minutes ago....and they offer every color version
For $7.95 a deck.
http://www.tannens.com/shop//cart.php?m ... ail&p=9701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm gonna ask them about shipping and i might save a lot on shipping (and they got the shifters decks i want)
WEll isn't that a kick in the nuts
CBJ

Dr.Kardster

Unread post by Dr.Kardster »

Why is this expensive than the WL Series B Blue and Red if you buy a brick? Is there any major differences? Has anyone received/ reviewed this deck yet?
wsop_legacy

Unread post by wsop_legacy »

Dr.Kardster wrote:Why is this expensive than the WL Series B Blue and Red if you buy a brick? Is there any major differences? Has anyone received/ reviewed this deck yet?
There was a $1 increase per deck for the Black Label. Series B Blue and Red were $4.95 a deck for the brick and $5.95 a deck for the two (2) decks. The Black Label is $5.95 a deck for the brick and $6.95 a deck for the two (2) decks. I don't know of any difference other then the tuck box and the color change. Getting the Blue and Red at $4.95 a deck was a great value for a custom deck. I don't mind the increase. David's decks are still priced fairly.
nlingg12

Unread post by nlingg12 »

I just recieved my Black Label decks today in the mail. They handle just like the Blue and Red decks right out of the box. They tuck case is nicely embossed white on white with Black Label written on the front. We'll see how they hold up, I enjoy all of DB's cards. You can't beat the price value compared to other decks on the market. Now just waiting for the Silver Split Spades, good luck DB on Electrified! :D
" Buy the ticket, take the ride " - HT
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

DB's decks are usually long lasting, especially the White Lions.
PlayingCardz
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by PlayingCardz »

Evan wrote:DB's decks are usually long lasting, especially the White Lions.
the White lion V1 yes, the V2 longevity is cr*p!
Online magic playing cards shop : http://www.playingcardz.net 5% off your entire order using the coupon code UNITED
Shipping worldwide, Free to the european union and Switzerland if your order is > $200
And to the rest of the world if your order is > ~$400!!!
cosmicsecret

I hve to agree,the WL Series A were great! One of the best handling decks out there.
Today i grabbed a old WL Series A deck out of my box of used decks.
It fanned like a new deck! And it was lying there since 1 year!!