Bicycle Genesis

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Bicycle Genesis

Unread post by CBJ »

Well it looks like this deck is on it's way.

For those of you that don't know, this deck actually made it to the FUNDED level on K/S, then he tried to run a second campaign for the same deck... stating that a couple of HUGE backer's pledges didn't go through.
After a huge uproar, he decided to cancel the 2nd K/S campaign.. and refund everyone's money.

Vmagic write on Aether...
"Well it seems this deck is back. The guy is now pimping them out via email and apparently they will be available in November."

This was also confirmed by BMPOKER that this will be distributed by a second party

CBJ

To see the old UC.net thread on this deck, please click here
http://www.unitedcardists.net/uc/forum/ ... it=genesis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Bicycle Genesis... again?

Unread post by badpete69 »

Yeah i received all of his emails this week but I am no longer interested
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

This is a deck we will be carrying.

Thanks!
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

BMPokerworld wrote:This is a deck we will be carrying.

Thanks!
Any idea on a release date?
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
BMPokerworld

No
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

I know it's a little late but did anyone else NOT get refunded from the 1st campaign?
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

I got my refund on 8/29
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

I don't think I did. Have to check.
No matter where you go... there you are :|
max
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by max »

I got the refund but, in my case (I think all the international backers) this refund can be a little tricky. When Amazon charges the money you have to pay the currency conversion tax plus an extra commission to the credit card company (at least, in my case). When Amazon makes the refund, you have to pay again another currency conversion (in the other direction, so, disadvantaged again) so you loose in all this process a amount of money that depends on the pledge level.

Not sure if this is the same for all of you international backers but it was my case.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Reason I ask is because I was never refunded. But after reading all the emails about the recreation of the deck, I just figured once it was made, I would still get the one I pledged. So I waited it out. Then last week, I got an invoice! I started remembering all the weird stuff and skepticisms surrounding this campaign. I double checked my CC statements to make sure I wasn't refunded and when I was sure that I wasn't, I emailed Noel and told him basically that he owes me a deck. His response was, "I'm am sorry for any inconvenience this has cause, I will make sure you receive a deck!!"

So short of me not receiving my deck, my faith and trust has been restored. I thought I'd share this story as an atest to Noel's honesty. So far anyway...
azzkikncardz

New!! Bicycle Genesis Playing Cards by Noel Quiles of TPX de

Unread post by azzkikncardz »

Now available for pre-order guys! will be out in November! just add the artist's facebook account (http://www.facebook.com/noel.quiles.33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) for more info and some great deals!!! thank you!!!
Attachments
334394_280649598718352_1490604717_o.jpg
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

I think Diavoli is producing these now as I went to their site and these are on there.
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

So, is this a reprint of the original deck? Or just redistribution of the existing decks? That part isn't quite clear to me...
CBJ

Unread post by CBJ »

This will be the first printing of this deck.

The original KS failed, and the rights to print the deck were worked out with Diavoli

http://www.diavoli.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CBJ
CBJ

Oswin
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Oswin »

CBJ wrote:This will be the first printing of this deck.

The original KS failed, and the rights to print the deck were worked out with Diavoli

http://www.diavoli.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CBJ
No, the project was funded ! But, some backer have not received their money back. Same to me, so.....
"Le temps passe, mais les oeufs durs !" - Daniel Prévost
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Oswin wrote:No, the project was funded ! But, some backer have not received their money back. Same to me, so.....
Don't be so literal.

The KS campaign as a whole was a failure. Even though it reached funding, the cards were not made and refunds were issued.

Diavoli basically 'bought' this deck outright and printed it. As compensation for giving up his artwork (stupid!) the designer received 144-288 decks as payment (stupid!). That's the deal he offers to people whose decks you see on the site.
jmrock

Unread post by jmrock »

For me it was yuck the first time, and yuck the second, and now yuck the third... It's a shame that Bicycle allows their name to be put on such garbage... Just so many "Bicycle" decks that are sub-par and I think that they're ruining their historic reputation...
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

Why do these designers put the big Bicycle logo on the deck to begin with? Is it brand recognition for the new deck to help it sell? Or is it that USPCC will take some cost off of the production of the decks for including the brand on the deck so prominently - basically free advertising...
BMPokerworld

MJF wrote:Why do these designers put the big Bicycle logo on the deck to begin with? Is it brand recognition for the new deck to help it sell? Or is it that USPCC will take some cost off of the production of the decks for including the brand on the deck so prominently - basically free advertising...

It is actually more to use the Bicycle logo. It is better to use the Bicycle Logo because those decks sell better. The reason some people don't use the Bicycle Logo is so they could make extra money.

Thanks!
Diavoli
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1600

Unread post by Diavoli »

Russel wrote :
Diavoli basically 'bought' this deck outright and printed it. As compensation for giving up his artwork (stupid!) the designer received 144-288 decks as payment (stupid!). That's the deal he offers to people whose decks you see on the site.
FIrst of all,
yes, Diavoli bought the design from the Designer.

Second, I think it is (stuoid!) in your words Russell, to post any rumors, which are not true.
Never trust on a single source. ;)
The Designer received a payment, which he accepted and that is everybodies decision. SO please do not post any of these rumors anymore, which is not fair !

But thanks for sharing your thoughts Russel !

Sven
Diavoli Productions
http://www.spielkartenshop.com
More than 1600 different playing cards in stock !
Shipping worldwide !!!
http://www.diavoli.de
Diavoli Productions - Germany
Coming soon : a new deck by Spielkartenshop ;-) in 06/2019
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

Diavoli wrote:FIrst of all,
yes, Diavoli bought the design from the Designer.

Second, I think it is (stuoid!) in your words Russell, to post any rumors, which are not true.
Never trust on a single source. ;)
The Designer received a payment, which he accepted and that is everybodies decision. SO please do not post any of these rumors anymore, which is not fair !

But thanks for sharing your thoughts Russel !

Sven

I have talked to multiple sources that you have worked with. Both of them received a couple gross to give up rights to the artwork.

Also, when I was new to the scene and didn't know your reputation you offered me 144 decks and 2 uncuts for rights to the Brimstone deck artwork. (I obviously denied the offer.) Selling the rights to the artwork for only 144 decks is stupid.

But thanks for sharing your thoughts Sven !

Russell
Diavoli
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Cardist: Yes
Decks Owned: 1600

Unread post by Diavoli »

Thanks for your thoughts and letting me know how I am NOT doing business.

Every of the former designers received more than 144 decks.
But this calculation was made before and lets say I would give a designer 500 decks which he can sell for 10 $. He can make 5000 $ without spending anything than time on deck design!
In my opinion this is fast money !

If you think different, fine.

If you ask different Designers how much they asks to get a deck designed, that will be much below the 5000 $ depending on the design!

So where is the negative thing in this ?

I did not had any problems or complains with the designers of all decks Diavoli Productions did. If they do, then they have never told me !

Thanks

Sven
Diavoli Productions
Germany
http://www.spielkartenshop.com
More than 1600 different playing cards in stock !
Shipping worldwide !!!
http://www.diavoli.de
Diavoli Productions - Germany
Coming soon : a new deck by Spielkartenshop ;-) in 06/2019
BMPokerworld

Bicycle Genesis now in stock:

http://www.bmpokerworld.com/Bicycle-Gen ... -Cards.php

Thanks!