Tacoma Artist Playing Cards Red Deck now on preorder

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Tacoma Artist Playing Cards Red Deck now on preorder

Unread post by badpete69 »

Hey gang

I know this probably won't interest many collectors, but back when I first started using Kickstarter, my first pledge was to a local company that was making a deck about Tacoma

I received my deck on time and was happy with it. Looks like they made enough money from their blue deck to produce a red deck which is now available on their website http://www.tacomamakes.com/

This is the update they just sent to previous backers

We are so happy to announce the creation of a new Tacoma Deck of Cards!

Through your support through Kickstarter, and the incredible community support that we received through the sale of the cards we have raised enough funds for the creation of the “Red Deck”!

Fourteen local artists have been invited, are working on their designs. The artists are Rick Matthies, Sean Alexander, Karen Doten, Maria Jost, Chuck Knigge, Noah Struthers, Mary Mann, Jeremy Mangan, Stanley Shaw, Marit Berg, Betty Sapp Ragan, Michaela Eaves, David Boe and Chandler O’Leary. Chandler O’Leary is the artist and designer of the playing card box and back of the cards as well as the only artist that also participated in the inaugural blue deck of cards.

The estimated delivery of the new deck of cards is mid-October 2013 We wanted you to be the first to know as none of this would have been possible without your support!

On our Tacoma Makes website we set-up pre-sales of the red deck ($15 including shipping) as well as a limited pre-order of an uncut sheet of cards (22” x 26.5” in size) from the US Playing Card Company. An uncut sheet is pulled straight off the printing presses before being cut into a deck and is a unique collector’s item as well as a great way to display all of the cards.

Additionally much of the original art from the inaugural Blue Tacoma Playing Cards is still available as well as several images that are available for purchase in a giclee fine-art quality print for $40.

We will be posting images of the new artwork created for the deck as it gets completed both on our website and also on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for your support of the Tacoma Playing Cards!

And thanks to all the folks that told us a red-deck is an absolute necessity for playing Bridge!
Sharpie

Re: Tacoma Artist Playing Cards Red Deck now on preorder

Unread post by Sharpie »

I pre-ordered one!
No matter where you go... there you are :|
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: Tacoma Artist Playing Cards Red Deck now on preorder

Unread post by badpete69 »

The red deck just came in today