The cost of shipping - For Kickstarter

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Kleetz
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

The cost of shipping - For Kickstarter

Unread post by Kleetz »

I just wrapped up shipping all my Kickstarter orders and I figured I'd share how much it cost to ship everything. I hope this will help people who are considering doing a Kickstarter factor in (on top of how much it will cost to print) how much it will cost to ship.

Cost of packing materials: $193.54
Cost to ship 367 orders: $1,637.60

Total: $1,831.14

Dividing that out, it comes to $5 per backer.

Of course, with more backers that number will go up. Using the information I've gathered from my experience, it would appear that for every 1,000 backers it will cost over $5,000 to ship.

Again, I hope this helps give people an idea of how you should factor into your goal when planning a Kickstarter.

Kleetz
BMPokerworld

Re: The cost of shipping - For Kickstarter

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

Kleetz wrote:I just wrapped up shipping all my Kickstarter orders and I figured I'd share how much it cost to ship everything. I hope this will help people who are considering doing a Kickstarter factor in (on top of how much it will cost to print) how much it will cost to ship.

Cost of packing materials: $193.54
Cost to ship 367 orders: $1,637.60

Total: $1,831.14

That's a fairly high number if you ask me! Of course, with more backers that number will go up. Using the information I've gathered from my experience, it would appear that for every 1,000 backers it will cost over $5,000 to ship.

Again, I hope this helps give people an idea of how you should factor into your goal when planning a Kickstarter.

Kleetz

It really is not that simple. Too many factors can skew the numbers one way or the other. If you have a lot of international buyers, the shipping costs will be greater. If you have more single deck purchases as opposed to mutlidec k purchase, that will also significantly skew the averages. I don't think using an average or comparing campaign against campaign, will really be helpful in regards to shipping.

Thanks!
Kleetz
Deck Artist
Deck Artist

Unread post by Kleetz »

Sure, but I think I'm in the ball park. Shipping adds up quick and of course, while every campaign will be different it's hard to really nail down what it'll cost to ship. Still, I think it's nice to know roughly what it costs.
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

Kleetz wrote:Sure, but I think I'm in the ball park. Shipping adds up quick and of course, while every campaign will be different it's hard to really nail down what it'll cost to ship. Still, I think it's nice to know roughly what it costs.

I don't think it is hard at all. You can simply ask some resllers about the cost of packing material and labor.After that, you could weigh a deck and then go to USPS.com to see how much the postage will cost.

Thanks!