Free Gold Arcane Uncut Sheet

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Free Gold Arcane Uncut Sheet

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Ellusionist is having a pretty nice promotion for Black Club members. From now until midnight, Sunday April 21st, when you add the Gold Arcane Uncut Sheet to your cart, you'll get it for just the cost of shipping by using the coupon code 'BLACKGOLD'. Not too shabby, this is certainly making me feel much better about my Black Club membership!
Sharpie

Re: Free Gold Arcane Uncut Sheet

Unread post by Sharpie »

sinjin7 wrote:Ellusionist is having a pretty nice promotion for Black Club members. From now until midnight, Sunday April 21st, when you add the Gold Arcane Uncut Sheet to your cart, you'll get it for just the cost of shipping by using the coupon code 'BLACKGOLD'. Not too shabby, this is certainly making me feel much better about my Black Club membership!
Got one. Shipping was $12.50.
Best .. Deal .. EVER. :shock:

IF you're a Black Club Member :|
No matter where you go... there you are :|
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I'm not a Black Club member, so naturally I'm jealous, but it WAS high time they made that membership worth it!
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

I picked one up as well... but.. I'm really REALLY not happy.

So.. originally they only had a few.. and only a couple were released to friends/family.

then.. they decided to sell some in the black club.. and I could have sworn they sold out.

then.. they "found" more in their other warehouse.. and sold them through the black club again.

Now.. they are giving one free to every member.

HOW MANY OF THESE F*CKING THINGS DID THEY MAKE????!!!??!??!

I'm not sure how many Black Club Members there are... but let's say 60% do this deal... that A TON of sheets.. for something that they only had a few of.. for family and friends.

ALso.. I spent $100 for my other Gold Arcane uncut through the Black Club a few months back. The value is about to go WAYYYYYY down.

I would imagine ebay will be flooded with these in about 3-4 weeks.

This, plus the 300+ Red Arcane prototypes (come on.. seriously???)... I think I have lost all faith in anything Ellusionist says.

All of their products are rapidly losing value... market value on the following products...

LTD = 30-40
Black Ghost 1st Edition = 50
Gold Arcane = 50-60

This is a huge drop for these items.. and they will continue to drop.

Very disappointed

CBJ
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Hmm, you're right, Jay. It's kinda like they're pulling a Merz; selling high first and lowering the price as the demand goes down.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
UtterFool

Unread post by UtterFool »

Jay

I am right on track with you here

In fact I am taking it a step further. I hinted at this on my post at the discourse, but no one bit.

So here is my theory

These Gold Arcane uncut sheets (the ones they released a few months ago until now) are all reprints.
These are not uncut sheets from the original deck.
I am pretty sure they got the Gold Arcane and Red Arcane all done at the same time not to long ago.

Ellusionist is big for an independent card/magic company. But their warehouse isn't the size of some major company
It is 2 buildings one on the east and one on the west coast, I would bet about 2000sq feet max each (or maybe even total).
How do you lose 250 uncut sheets in there for a few years?
You don't
what you do is you take the original printing plates and you use them to create a new Red Arcane uncut and reprint the Gold Arcane for uncuts.
Why are the dates not new then?
Because the dates are from the original printing plates

Now I might be just some crazy man out on his porch shooting down the government mind control birds
but that is my theory ( I will call it theory #12)
"I have nothing to declare except my folly"
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Whatever the case may be, cbj's right about the depreciating market value. It's very frustrating! Also, after the whole Madison deck "50 stock testing" statement, I take everything E says with a grain of salt now. But this is border line LYING. It makes me upset because one could argue that they started it all (Black Tiger was my first custom deck). But I'm very close to boycotting them and I haven't boycotted any playing card company.

But IMO, at least they finally threw Black Club members a bone. Even if it will become depreciated in 3-4 weeks.
AnthonyW

Unread post by AnthonyW »

CBJ wrote:I picked one up as well... but.. I'm really REALLY not happy.

So.. originally they only had a few.. and only a couple were released to friends/family.

then.. they decided to sell some in the black club.. and I could have sworn they sold out.

then.. they "found" more in their other warehouse.. and sold them through the black club again.

Now.. they are giving one free to every member.

HOW MANY OF THESE F*CKING THINGS DID THEY MAKE????!!!??!??!

I'm not sure how many Black Club Members there are... but let's say 60% do this deal... that A TON of sheets.. for something that they only had a few of.. for family and friends.

ALso.. I spent $100 for my other Gold Arcane uncut through the Black Club a few months back. The value is about to go WAYYYYYY down.

I would imagine ebay will be flooded with these in about 3-4 weeks.

This, plus the 300+ Red Arcane prototypes (come on.. seriously???)... I think I have lost all faith in anything Ellusionist says.

All of their products are rapidly losing value... market value on the following products...

LTD = 30-40
Black Ghost 1st Edition = 50
Gold Arcane = 50-60

This is a huge drop for these items.. and they will continue to drop.

Very disappointed

CBJ
From Ellusionist: "In January Brad was at our large stock Warehouse and noticed an unlabelled pallet bay. When he opened the boxes stacked there, he found Red Artifice, Red Arcane and Gold Arcane sheets. It seems like we 'keep discovering' these items - but it was only the one discovery. We've just spread the releases out, rather than rush them all at the same time. Daniel mentioned Red Arcanes in Revelations (I think in February?) but we've only just made them available now.
-Jake

And:

Remember we just moved our entire TX warehouse up to North California. That's a lot of pallets, a lot of work and a very big move. You'll notice all your packages are shipping from Rohnert Park now.

That's how you lose pallets. It's not a giant conspiracy i mean really?
AnthonyW

vasta41 wrote:Whatever the case may be, cbj's right about the depreciating market value. It's very frustrating! Also, after the whole Madison deck "50 stock testing" statement, I take everything E says with a grain of salt now. But this is border line LYING. It makes me upset because one could argue that they started it all (Black Tiger was my first custom deck). But I'm very close to boycotting them and I haven't boycotted any playing card company.

But IMO, at least they finally threw Black Club members a bone. Even if it will become depreciated in 3-4 weeks.
When he said that, he meant combinations. As in 50 different combinations of stocks and finishes.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

AnthonyW wrote:
vasta41 wrote:Whatever the case may be, cbj's right about the depreciating market value. It's very frustrating! Also, after the whole Madison deck "50 stock testing" statement, I take everything E says with a grain of salt now. But this is border line LYING. It makes me upset because one could argue that they started it all (Black Tiger was my first custom deck). But I'm very close to boycotting them and I haven't boycotted any playing card company.

When he said that, he meant combinations. As in 50 different combinations of stocks and finishes.
Please refer to here: http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... s&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AnthonyW

vasta41 wrote:
AnthonyW wrote:

Please refer to here: http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... s&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
If you go one page more on that link it takes you to jake saying what i just said, who works for ellusionist. So essentially, there was no point in posting that.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

AnthonyW wrote:
vasta41 wrote:
AnthonyW wrote:

Please refer to here: http://unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php ... s&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;..
If you go one page more on that link it takes you to jake saying what i just said, who works for ellusionist.
Dude, you're missing the point. Are you a playing card collector? Do you know 50 stocks? In this day and age, would you even try 50 stocks when 3-4 are the industry standard for quality and performance if you were making a deck? Daniel's statement is a gross exaggeration.
AnthonyW

Yes i am a playing card collector. No, there aren't 50 stocks, because you aren't listening.

"That's over 50 Combinations of Stocks and Finishes. Yup. Daniel wanted this deck to be His signature, ideal deck. Everything he wanted out of a deck had to be in Rounders. He wanted a definitive answer to the question 'If there was just one deck of cards that you could use for the rest of your life, what would they be?' - and he put in the effort to ensure he wasn't left with a nagging feeling that under any possible circumstance, they could have been better.

There are a ridiculous number of stocks and finishes available to companies who have an R&D budget. For most (and I use the term VERY loosely here) 'playing card companies' that number (via USPCC) stops at 8. That's 2 stocks (3xy & 9xy) and 4 finishes (Ivory, Cambric, Air-cushion, Magic).

That I know of, we have access to something like 7 stocks and 'umpteen' finishes - meaning a bare minimum combination number of 91 stocks and finishes. Daniel literally sat down and went through 'a ton' of sample decks in different combinations of these stocks and finishes to find the one that he liked the most. We had a small stack of test decks at the Ellusionist Summit that we looked at as well - but by this time Daniel had long decided what we were printing on (and USPCC were just finishing up said printing for Rounders)."

That was said by Jake, and that explains it. Read something before you start badmouthing companies.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

AnthonyW wrote: That was said by Jake, and that explains it. Read something before you start badmouthing companies.
I'm not bad-mouthing E for what Daniel said about his decks- just taking things they say with a grain of salt (like I'm sure most people here are after they "lose" and "find" things on more than a few occasions). Whether of not any of this is true (and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt), I find it to be a little insulting to playing card collectors. I give them an A+ for marketing- no doubt. I just always thought the quality of E's products and what they've done over the years speaks for itself. So I guess what I find troubling is that the hype is now speaking louder than the decks/ uncuts themselves, like other playing card companies that I always thought E was “above.”

I feel like I’m acting like a bitter old man with a, "When I was a kid..." type statement who doesn't like the way playing cards are marketed anymore on company websites and KickStarter. And Anthony- if that’s why you’ve called me out, touché. It’s not that I’m not listening. It’s that I don’t like what I’m hearing. I will now retire to my rocking chair and kicking kids off my front porch, scotch in hand.
sinjin7
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

vasta41 wrote:I just always thought the quality of E's products and what they've done over the years speaks for itself. So I guess what I find troubling is that the hype is now speaking louder than the decks/ uncuts themselves, like other playing card companies that I always thought E was “above.”
I always had a soft spot for E, I also think they started the whole custom playing card craze with the Black Tigers. I always appreciated that E was far more transparent with the quantities of "rare" items produced than any of the other companies as well.

There were times I wanted to boycott T11 (Monarch screw ups, crashing site on new releases), Blue Crown (for employees only Black Crown - Gold Crown debacle), and D&D ("found" S&M v.6 in attic, general overpriced pretentiousness) because that kind of marketing BS works on fanboys, but leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. I certainly hope E won't be skewing further in that direction...
kc62002

Unread post by kc62002 »

hmm..I recieved an email with this offer plus a $50 discount on the black club. I haven't joined because the price point was high. I'm debating this discount now since the uncut offer is pretty sweet, but boy do I need to think it over. Don't know if I want to join the club that makes you pay to spend in their special store. :?
SeanWhelan
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by SeanWhelan »

I highly doubt they misplaced these uncut sheets. Major companies do inventory once a year and if they have a sophisticated system then they would've noticed these. They just wanted to wait to release them. Notice the time frame between each release? Still cool though and I hope to see them actually printed into decks!
Creator/Designer of Bicycle Galvanic Playing Cards

Be Sure To Like My Facebook pages!:
Galvanic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Galvanic ... =bookmarks
Lucent: https://www.facebook.com/LucentPlayingC ... =bookmarks
AnthonyW

kc62002 wrote:hmm..I recieved an email with this offer plus a $50 discount on the black club. I haven't joined because the price point was high. I'm debating this discount now since the uncut offer is pretty sweet, but boy do I need to think it over. Don't know if I want to join the club that makes you pay to spend in their special store. :?
I got that email too. Pretty sweet deal.