"Love Me" deck by T11 - Updated with pics

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
alric
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes

Re: "Love Me" deck by T11 - Updated with pics

Unread post by alric »

Andrei Jikh wrote:
alric wrote:I guess I'm just slow, but it now hit me how non-sensical this deck is. If it said "Love You", it would make more sense and more appropriate as a gift for your significant other. I agree that "Love Me" does reek of desperation....
You should double check your facts I think.

Much like the phrase "OBEY" from Shepard Fairey, the entire campaign this deck was based on was Curtis Kulig's signature "Love Me" graffiti and art that's seen worldwide. "LOVE ME" is the phrase. 8-)

That said, I think it makes a great gift for friends or loved ones.
No need to double check any facts, I'm familiar with Kulig's work, and I know its his signature phrase. If you read my post carefully, you'll note that I'm addressing the propriety of the message of the deck as a gift for others, not as a commentary of Kulig's work. I'd much rather tell someone special I "love you" when giving a gift as opposed to commanding them to "love me" - hence the stench of desperation. Since the majority of your posts serve to merely hawk T11 products, I'm sure you think these make great gifts for friends or loved ones. :roll:
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Andrei Jikh wrote:
alric wrote:I guess I'm just slow, but it now hit me how non-sensical this deck is. If it said "Love You", it would make more sense and more appropriate as a gift for your significant other. I agree that "Love Me" does reek of desperation....

Much like the phrase "OBEY" from Shepard Fairey, the entire campaign this deck was based on was Curtis Kulig's signature "Love Me" graffiti and art that's seen worldwide. "LOVE ME" is the phrase. 8-)

Not sure what facts you're talking about. No one questioned the deck was "Love Me", the point is that maybe "Love You" is more appropriate. So, what's "Love Me"? I love the deck and it loves me back? Even Curtis hasn't clearly articulated what it means ("It's my everything" doesn't quite cut it). It's been, what, almost 8 years. (Akin to Chromalume #7, I'd say.) I'm in Providence and I've seen more than enough Andre the Giant tags from Shepard. Enough that I wouldn't want an "Obey" deck, either.
At this point, it's just a commercial enterprise. A solipsistic, desperate phrase splattered on everything - no thanks.
Andrei Jikh

Unread post by Andrei Jikh »

alric wrote:
Andrei Jikh wrote:

No need to double check any facts, I'm familiar with Kulig's work, and I know its his signature phrase. If you read my post carefully, you'll note that I'm addressing the propriety of the message of the deck as a gift for others, not as a commentary of Kulig's work. I'd much rather tell someone special I "love you" when giving a gift as opposed to commanding them to "love me" - hence the stench of desperation. Since the majority of your posts serve to merely hawk T11 products, I'm sure you think these make great gifts for friends or loved ones. :roll:
Awesome, great! Pretentious message/gift? I disagree. Certainly your opinion of the artist/phrase/campaign and to each his own. It's got a red heart and Kulig's singnature phrase, no one is forcing you to use the deck's slogan as a sole means of communication. That's like saying you wouldn't want to give someone a Shepard Fairey t-shirt because you'd feel bad for asking them to OBEY you. That's silly. :lol:

I know my friends love it. Gift or not. Casual or occasional. Rock on.
alric

Unread post by alric »

Andrei Jikh wrote: no one is forcing you to use the deck's slogan as a sole means of communication.
Uh....Ok. Awesome. Great.
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

Was very tempted to get the uncut ... But to the right time ... :o
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Here's something that would be a much better valentines gift IMO: http://www.52reasonsiloveyou.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

We now have these in stock:

http://www.bmpokerworld.com/love-me-playing-cards.php

Thanks!
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

MagikFingerz wrote:Here's something that would be a much better valentines gift IMO: http://www.52reasonsiloveyou.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Good lookin out Svinger :shock: . I am actually going to throw this together for my bitc....... I mean wife
michael_chen520

Unread post by michael_chen520 »

cosmicsecret wrote:they would charge me $41 for shipping for 1-18 decks to europe (GER).
for first class mail of course....3-8 Weeks delivery time.
Spending another $16 (a total of $57) to get it 3 days express...

Sorry to say but that means no more business for me with Theory11.
:cry:
Same to me, they lost business this way