"Love Me" deck by T11 - Updated with pics

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Re: "Love Me" deck by T11 - Updated with pics

Unread post by badpete69 »

Actually Cosmic it might be with anyone in the US. I sell decks sometimes to people in Italy. Looks like it would now cost me $12.50 just for first class mail for one deck...This is crazy. Ebay sellers that sell international will take a hit as no one will buy from the US at those shipping costs
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

CBJ wrote:Well, I'm not really sure what's going on in the US with the new shipping rates.. but this is INSANE!!!

for 2 decks...

I live in a very populated area, and I can get 17 decks for 18 form BMP, this is just f*cked up!

CBJ

Effective today the USPS raised their rates, and international is quite a bit higher (double in many cases). HOWEVER, those T11 prices are far, FAR out of line. I just implemented all of my shipping costs and to Canada, they can easily ship First Class (no reason at all to only offer Priority) and it should be more around $11-12 for two decks.

That obviously is a lot higher than it was yesterday, but the price T11 has currently has is silly. By my figuring (and I spent hours on this, working it out to be as far as possible...) $32 should get you about 16 decks shipped to Canada. USPS is still the most economical by far but I expect this to hit small business pretty hard, which stinks.

Methinks someone at T11 was told "Oh crap, the rates are going way up! Figure it out in the next 5 min!" and didn't work through the variables very well.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

We will be carrying this deck in the near future.

Thanks!
lel

Unread post by lel »

I actually find this deck quite pretty, something I'd be glad to add to the collection if it reaches Singapore resellers.
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

The USPS has been running in the red to the tune of billions. They say it is because of email etc. but really Congress raids the postal "bank" to cover debts, bombs, aircraft carriers and prostitutes for those late night capitol hill parties. We are getting sick of paying for it, it is time you guys buy us a few bombs. If we go back to carpet bombing we could save a lot of money but nooooo, the international community forbids it :( :( :(
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

CBJ wrote:Well, I'm not really sure what's going on in the US with the new shipping rates.. but this is INSANE!!!

for 2 decks...

I live in a very populated area, and I can get 17 decks for 18 form BMP, this is just f*cked up!

CBJ
Didn't Andrei swear that T11 doesn't make a profit from shipping and that they just charge actual cost?
Andrei Jikh

Unread post by Andrei Jikh »

Yes I did, and we do not make a penny off shipping. I just showed the shipping rate to Jonathan to have his input, that is pretty insane (if that's international then I don't know how bad it is, since I'm not familiar with international shipping rates but domestic would definitely be crazy). Looking into it.

As per the decks, I love them. Very cool to see playing cards move into mainstream culture with new artists. That means more exposure for us which is always a good thing for the art. Sure, it's feminine, and not something everyone would use, but then again, there are plenty of other choices for that. These make for awesome gifts though for people outside our community. I know what I'm getting my girlfriend for Valentines ha! 8-)
CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Andrei Jikh wrote:Yes I did, and we do not make a penny off shipping. I just showed the shipping rate to Jonathan to have his input, that is pretty insane (if that's international then I don't know how bad it is, since I'm not familiar with international shipping rates but domestic would definitely be crazy). Looking into it.

As per the decks, I love them. Very cool to see playing cards move into mainstream culture with new artists. That means more exposure for us which is always a good thing for the art. Sure, it's feminine, and not something everyone would use, but then again, there are plenty of other choices for that. These make for awesome gifts though for people outside our community. I know what I'm getting my girlfriend for Valentines ha! 8-)

Thanks for looking into the shipping issue, it's appreciated!
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
volantangel
Decks Owned: 350

Unread post by volantangel »

Whoa this deck is sooo fugly..
MJF

Unread post by MJF »

I think the deck was more or less meant as a novelty deck for Valentine's Day (but yeah, I'll be passing on this one)
Encarded
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Encarded »

CBJ wrote:
Andrei Jikh wrote:Yes I did, and we do not make a penny off shipping. I just showed the shipping rate to Jonathan to have his input, that is pretty insane (if that's international then I don't know how bad it is, since I'm not familiar with international shipping rates but domestic would definitely be crazy). Looking into it.

Thanks for looking into the shipping issue, it's appreciated!
Not to belabor the shipping thing too much, but because I was curious I checked my data, and 2 decks would be in a 1lb Priority package, and the postage cost for that is $28.25 to Canada. So, add in a little for the shipping materials and that's not far off. The problem is that there is no reason to have ONLY priority as an option. And even then, 2 decks would fit in a small flat rate or envelope, which is $19.95. For the amount of decks you wanted, First class would be perfectly fine.

I think that deck could have been much more interesting with a bit more "oomph" added to the design. There is basically only 1 design shape in the whole deck. Having a well known artist with a distinctive style design a deck but use just a tiny fraction of his style and vision seems a shame. I agree though that it would make a good gift for the ladies.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Radia | Celestial | Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall / Standards / Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

Playing cards can be sent via media mail. I am not sure about international shipping with mediamail.
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

walrus wrote:Playing cards can be sent via media mail. I am not sure about international shipping with mediamail.
Nope. You could risk it and try, but chances are it will get returned.
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

What to you mean by that, playing cards are not allowed or international mediamail is not allowed. E wrote they do ship playing cards media mail and they not had issue with the ad cards. I guess you guys would know better than me.
Russell

Unread post by Russell »

walrus wrote:What to you mean by that, playing cards are not allowed or international mediamail is not allowed. E wrote they do ship playing cards media mail and they not had issue with the ad cards. I guess you guys would know better than me.
You can't (shouldn't) send playing cards as media mail.

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/173.htm#1113509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mostly media mail is for books, music, and educational supplies. Playing cards do not fit in those categories. If you send playing cards by media mail and a person inspects it, they will send it back and you lose your money. If you are a business and do this they can revoke your bulk discount. It's not worth it to get caught.

99% of the issue is not the ad card in the deck, it is the deck itself.

--- EDIT ---

MAYBE, Ellusionist can send magic tricks as media because it could constitute education. Maybe.
AceOfHearts
Magician: Yes
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

1 deck to East Europe and they want me to pay 44$ for lowest shipping option. (Priority mail int) Even with this option there is no way to cost that much.
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

Now Available - http://www.theory11.com/playingcards/love-me" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

I agree those prices are outrageous and they should be able to ship for less. I was shocked when I checked out and saw the cost of shipping. I know prices went up but that is still ridiculous. I will start going to resellers for decks instead if theory11.
Andrei Jikh

Unread post by Andrei Jikh »

Hola. We checked into this first thing this morning, and the issue is now resolved - First Class International options should now show again. What was the cause? USPS made an unannounced update to their shipping API (where our system gets the rates from) yesterday. That update prevented our shipping options from showing that First Class option - and should now be fixed!
vjose32

Unread post by vjose32 »

Andrei Jikh wrote:Hola. We checked into this first thing this morning, and the issue is now resolved - First Class International options should now show again. What was the cause? USPS made an unannounced update to their shipping API (where our system gets the rates from) yesterday. That update prevented our shipping options from showing that First Class option - and should now be fixed!
That's good to know, although I just tried checking out and got the same rates and no First Class. I sent you guys an email and hope you can bring down the shipping a little bit. What is the rate now?
FrenchFryNecromancer

Unread post by FrenchFryNecromancer »

I really like the look of the card-backs for this deck.
However, I can't justify spending $7 a deck when most of the deck is not customized.
Deck Reviews & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicCloud8
kc62002

Unread post by kc62002 »

..perhaps i'm alone on this but, as a female card collector, I would not want this for valentines day. This is too novelty for me. This is more like..."hey honey, i was out picking up a new shirt and saw these at the mall. I thought of you so picked one up for you." This does not say.."hey honey, i love you so much that i knew these were perfect to show my love to you this v-day" I would prefer homemade dinner or a rented movie night over this. As for women who aren't into cards...i don't think they'd be happy with this, even if they love you too much to say it. A few ladies might see it as you trying to include them in what you love..but most won't. Guys, if you're getting only this for you girl, on a budget or not, please put some more thought on how you can spend time with her too.

(if you absolutely want to give your girl a gift that deals with cards, perhaps a deck that is themed around something she likes a lot)
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

kc62002 wrote:..perhaps i'm alone on this but, as a female card collector, I would not want this for valentines day. This is too novelty for me. This is more like..."hey honey, i was out picking up a new shirt and saw these at the mall. I thought of you so picked one up for you." This does not say.."hey honey, i love you so much that i knew these were perfect to show my love to you this v-day" I would prefer homemade dinner or a rented movie night over this. As for women who aren't into cards...i don't think they'd be happy with this, even if they love you too much to say it. A few ladies might see it as you trying to include them in what you love..but most won't. Guys, if you're getting only this for you girl, on a budget or not, please put some more thought on how you can spend time with her too.

(if you absolutely want to give your girl a gift that deals with cards, perhaps a deck that is themed around something she likes a lot)
You know, I was thinking of saying something like this. But I figured most guys would be smarter than only giving a single deck of playing cards to their special someone :mrgreen:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

I agee this is not a gift of love.
10-4 over and out
doobybrain

Unread post by doobybrain »

I would never give this as a gift for my girlfriend/wife, but if you follow graffiti circles and know his name, you'll know that this is worth adding to the collection. It's not as customized as some other decks, but it's more about owning something he's officially sanctioned because well, he's notorious in the art world. I agree, it could have been done more, but it fits his simple tag. :)
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

I repeat. A deck of cards entitled "Love Me" just reeks of desperation, and would probably evoke the opposite emotional reaction. :|
No matter where you go... there you are :|
AceOfHearts
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

No one will give a deck of cards to his girlfriend on v-day. The ideia here of this deck is to make a presentation of how you care/love your girlfriend and to include that special ace of hearts. if you are creative and know ur gf will like it and show it at her at right moment this deck will worth the price... but not for me. 15$ shipping for 1 7$ deck will add custom taxies and make it 30+$.. Hey guys.. i'm just asking now, is it possible (in future not now) someone of you receive a cards and then send it to me as a gift (ofc i will pay in adv or smth), the ideia here is to dodge customs taxies... But i gues need to buy a lot of decks cuz for single decks shipping now is way higher.. i will make separate thread for this in future maybe aksing...
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

AceOfHearts wrote:No one will give a deck of cards to his girlfriend on v-day. The ideia here of this deck is to make a presentation of how you care/love your girlfriend and to include that special ace of hearts. if you are creative and know ur gf will like it and show it at her at right moment this deck will worth the price... but not for me. 15$ shipping for 1 7$ deck will add custom taxies and make it 30+$.. Hey guys.. i'm just asking now, is it possible (in future not now) someone of you receive a cards and then send it to me as a gift (ofc i will pay in adv or smth), the ideia here is to dodge customs taxies... But i gues need to buy a lot of decks cuz for single decks shipping now is way higher.. i will make separate thread for this in future maybe aksing...
Shipping doesn't count toward calculating taxes (assuming your country also has a maximum amount you can spend before they are added).
- Tom

Check out my collection

phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

MagikFingerz wrote: Shipping doesn't count toward calculating taxes (assuming your country also has a maximum amount you can spend before they are added).
Some countries' tax does calculate shipping included with the decks' cost. 8-)
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

phantom1412 wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote: Shipping doesn't count toward calculating taxes (assuming your country also has a maximum amount you can spend before they are added).
Some countries' tax does calculate shipping included with the decks' cost. 8-)
Really? That's... retarded :|
- Tom

Check out my collection