"Love Me" deck by T11 - Updated with pics

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
FrenchFryNecromancer

Re: "Love Me" deck by T11 - Updated with pics

Unread post by FrenchFryNecromancer »

I really like the look of the card-backs for this deck.
However, I can't justify spending $7 a deck when most of the deck is not customized.
Deck Reviews & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/MagicCloud8
kc62002

Unread post by kc62002 »

..perhaps i'm alone on this but, as a female card collector, I would not want this for valentines day. This is too novelty for me. This is more like..."hey honey, i was out picking up a new shirt and saw these at the mall. I thought of you so picked one up for you." This does not say.."hey honey, i love you so much that i knew these were perfect to show my love to you this v-day" I would prefer homemade dinner or a rented movie night over this. As for women who aren't into cards...i don't think they'd be happy with this, even if they love you too much to say it. A few ladies might see it as you trying to include them in what you love..but most won't. Guys, if you're getting only this for you girl, on a budget or not, please put some more thought on how you can spend time with her too.

(if you absolutely want to give your girl a gift that deals with cards, perhaps a deck that is themed around something she likes a lot)
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

kc62002 wrote:..perhaps i'm alone on this but, as a female card collector, I would not want this for valentines day. This is too novelty for me. This is more like..."hey honey, i was out picking up a new shirt and saw these at the mall. I thought of you so picked one up for you." This does not say.."hey honey, i love you so much that i knew these were perfect to show my love to you this v-day" I would prefer homemade dinner or a rented movie night over this. As for women who aren't into cards...i don't think they'd be happy with this, even if they love you too much to say it. A few ladies might see it as you trying to include them in what you love..but most won't. Guys, if you're getting only this for you girl, on a budget or not, please put some more thought on how you can spend time with her too.

(if you absolutely want to give your girl a gift that deals with cards, perhaps a deck that is themed around something she likes a lot)
You know, I was thinking of saying something like this. But I figured most guys would be smarter than only giving a single deck of playing cards to their special someone :mrgreen:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
DukeBoy
Decks Owned: 100

Unread post by DukeBoy »

I agee this is not a gift of love.
10-4 over and out
doobybrain

Unread post by doobybrain »

I would never give this as a gift for my girlfriend/wife, but if you follow graffiti circles and know his name, you'll know that this is worth adding to the collection. It's not as customized as some other decks, but it's more about owning something he's officially sanctioned because well, he's notorious in the art world. I agree, it could have been done more, but it fits his simple tag. :)
Sharpie

Unread post by Sharpie »

I repeat. A deck of cards entitled "Love Me" just reeks of desperation, and would probably evoke the opposite emotional reaction. :|
No matter where you go... there you are :|
AceOfHearts
Decks Owned: 50

Unread post by AceOfHearts »

No one will give a deck of cards to his girlfriend on v-day. The ideia here of this deck is to make a presentation of how you care/love your girlfriend and to include that special ace of hearts. if you are creative and know ur gf will like it and show it at her at right moment this deck will worth the price... but not for me. 15$ shipping for 1 7$ deck will add custom taxies and make it 30+$.. Hey guys.. i'm just asking now, is it possible (in future not now) someone of you receive a cards and then send it to me as a gift (ofc i will pay in adv or smth), the ideia here is to dodge customs taxies... But i gues need to buy a lot of decks cuz for single decks shipping now is way higher.. i will make separate thread for this in future maybe aksing...
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

AceOfHearts wrote:No one will give a deck of cards to his girlfriend on v-day. The ideia here of this deck is to make a presentation of how you care/love your girlfriend and to include that special ace of hearts. if you are creative and know ur gf will like it and show it at her at right moment this deck will worth the price... but not for me. 15$ shipping for 1 7$ deck will add custom taxies and make it 30+$.. Hey guys.. i'm just asking now, is it possible (in future not now) someone of you receive a cards and then send it to me as a gift (ofc i will pay in adv or smth), the ideia here is to dodge customs taxies... But i gues need to buy a lot of decks cuz for single decks shipping now is way higher.. i will make separate thread for this in future maybe aksing...
Shipping doesn't count toward calculating taxes (assuming your country also has a maximum amount you can spend before they are added).
- Tom

Check out my collection

phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

MagikFingerz wrote: Shipping doesn't count toward calculating taxes (assuming your country also has a maximum amount you can spend before they are added).
Some countries' tax does calculate shipping included with the decks' cost. 8-)
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

phantom1412 wrote:
MagikFingerz wrote: Shipping doesn't count toward calculating taxes (assuming your country also has a maximum amount you can spend before they are added).
Really? That's... retarded :|
- Tom

Check out my collection

AceOfHearts

Yes, Our limit (bulgaria) was 100$ with shipping (without taxies), but since 2009 they changed it to 20$ with shipping (if shipping + cost of decks is above u need to pay 20% +~5$).. And now with uspc raise rates, that means i can have only 1 deck below 7$... Bulshit. EU shops prices are higher (this deck will cost ~9euro) and they are in Euro. So unless some site offer free europe shipping i and more ppl now are fucked up. Only way is to be in USA or have a friend there.
cosmicsecret
Decks Owned: 140

Unread post by cosmicsecret »

phantom1412 wrote:
Yep Germany does that,but only if the shipping is listed as a extra point in the invoice.

And i love it when People write the real value of the cards on the outside of the box.....had to pay a extra $13 on customs thanks (Bicycle Cthulhu Calls Kickstarter).
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Sharpie wrote:I repeat. A deck of cards entitled "Love Me" just reeks of desperation, and would probably evoke the opposite emotional reaction. :|
Church! And make sure to exit through the gift shop.
AceOfHearts

cosmicsecret wrote: And i love it when People write the real value of the cards on the outside of the box.....had to pay a extra $13 on customs thanks (Bicycle Cthulhu Calls Kickstarter).
Yeah lol. And sometimes customs open package and see paper or they will force you to print paypal document about the order. Not only that, if things goes really bad for you they will track the item and see from where u ordered it and actual price... lol. That's not all, if there is no price about the package, they can assume how much it cost and force you to pay taxies for their price.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

hikeeba wrote:
Sharpie wrote:I repeat. A deck of cards entitled "Love Me" just reeks of desperation, and would probably evoke the opposite emotional reaction. :|
Church! And make sure to exit through the gift shop.
Do you mean church as in...
- Tom

Check out my collection

alric

Unread post by alric »

I guess I'm just slow, but it now hit me how non-sensical this deck is. If it said "Love You", it would make more sense and more appropriate as a gift for your significant other. I agree that "Love Me" does reek of desperation....
BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

We should have these in stock by the end of the week.

Thanks!
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

Mine shipped already, so I should have them soon!
Andrei Jikh

Unread post by Andrei Jikh »

alric wrote:I guess I'm just slow, but it now hit me how non-sensical this deck is. If it said "Love You", it would make more sense and more appropriate as a gift for your significant other. I agree that "Love Me" does reek of desperation....
You should double check your facts I think.

Much like the phrase "OBEY" from Shepard Fairey, the entire campaign this deck was based on was Curtis Kulig's signature "Love Me" graffiti and art that's seen worldwide. "LOVE ME" is the phrase. 8-)

That said, I think it makes a great gift for friends or loved ones.
Evan

Unread post by Evan »

I received mine today, and I'm not very impressed. The back design should have been bigger, so that it shows in fans. Fans are mostly blank.
The court cards are recolored, as usual, but they didn't use metallic inks, and the gold-ish brown color that they used looks unappealing. The handling of the deck is alright, but for some reason, not as smooth as other T11 decks. A few minor changes, and this deck would be a lot better.
Attachments
IMG_9682.jpg
IMG_9684.jpg
alric

Unread post by alric »

Andrei Jikh wrote:
alric wrote:I guess I'm just slow, but it now hit me how non-sensical this deck is. If it said "Love You", it would make more sense and more appropriate as a gift for your significant other. I agree that "Love Me" does reek of desperation....

Much like the phrase "OBEY" from Shepard Fairey, the entire campaign this deck was based on was Curtis Kulig's signature "Love Me" graffiti and art that's seen worldwide. "LOVE ME" is the phrase. 8-)

No need to double check any facts, I'm familiar with Kulig's work, and I know its his signature phrase. If you read my post carefully, you'll note that I'm addressing the propriety of the message of the deck as a gift for others, not as a commentary of Kulig's work. I'd much rather tell someone special I "love you" when giving a gift as opposed to commanding them to "love me" - hence the stench of desperation. Since the majority of your posts serve to merely hawk T11 products, I'm sure you think these make great gifts for friends or loved ones. :roll:
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Andrei Jikh wrote:

Not sure what facts you're talking about. No one questioned the deck was "Love Me", the point is that maybe "Love You" is more appropriate. So, what's "Love Me"? I love the deck and it loves me back? Even Curtis hasn't clearly articulated what it means ("It's my everything" doesn't quite cut it). It's been, what, almost 8 years. (Akin to Chromalume #7, I'd say.) I'm in Providence and I've seen more than enough Andre the Giant tags from Shepard. Enough that I wouldn't want an "Obey" deck, either.
At this point, it's just a commercial enterprise. A solipsistic, desperate phrase splattered on everything - no thanks.
Andrei Jikh

Unread post by Andrei Jikh »

alric wrote:
Andrei Jikh wrote:

No need to double check any facts, I'm familiar with Kulig's work, and I know its his signature phrase. If you read my post carefully, you'll note that I'm addressing the propriety of the message of the deck as a gift for others, not as a commentary of Kulig's work. I'd much rather tell someone special I "love you" when giving a gift as opposed to commanding them to "love me" - hence the stench of desperation. Since the majority of your posts serve to merely hawk T11 products, I'm sure you think these make great gifts for friends or loved ones. :roll:
Awesome, great! Pretentious message/gift? I disagree. Certainly your opinion of the artist/phrase/campaign and to each his own. It's got a red heart and Kulig's singnature phrase, no one is forcing you to use the deck's slogan as a sole means of communication. That's like saying you wouldn't want to give someone a Shepard Fairey t-shirt because you'd feel bad for asking them to OBEY you. That's silly. :lol:

I know my friends love it. Gift or not. Casual or occasional. Rock on.
alric

Unread post by alric »

Andrei Jikh wrote: no one is forcing you to use the deck's slogan as a sole means of communication.
Uh....Ok. Awesome. Great.
lumpyliew

Unread post by lumpyliew »

Was very tempted to get the uncut ... But to the right time ... :o
Don't Worry , Be Happy Cheers!
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here's something that would be a much better valentines gift IMO: http://www.52reasonsiloveyou.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Tom

Check out my collection

BMPokerworld

Unread post by BMPokerworld »

We now have these in stock:

http://www.bmpokerworld.com/love-me-playing-cards.php

Thanks!
walrus

Unread post by walrus »

MagikFingerz wrote:Here's something that would be a much better valentines gift IMO: http://www.52reasonsiloveyou.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Good lookin out Svinger :shock: . I am actually going to throw this together for my bitc....... I mean wife
michael_chen520

Unread post by michael_chen520 »

cosmicsecret wrote:they would charge me $41 for shipping for 1-18 decks to europe (GER).
for first class mail of course....3-8 Weeks delivery time.
Spending another $16 (a total of $57) to get it 3 days express...

Sorry to say but that means no more business for me with Theory11.
:cry:
Same to me, they lost business this way