Sockman's Original Playing Card Socks now on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Sockman's Original Playing Card Socks now on KS

Unread post by badpete69 »

Now I love Penguin magic and all but this has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.. Cut up a pair of sock and ask $10 for it.....What's next the Used underwear card clip???

Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Sockman's Original Playing Card Socks now on KS

Unread post by Bradius »

My response was more of a dismissive chuckle than a face palm, but yeah kinda ridiculous.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Who the hell is actually pledging for this..?

REVEAL YOURSELVES
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

I pledged so I could ask if they came with decks since the stretches mention USPCC printing and higher has custom courts. Their reply was "it's only sock sleeves unless we hit the stretches."

Will be dropping it shortly.
Move on, nothing to see here.
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

You laugh, but I was just thinking this project needed something to enhance its aesthetic, and a soiled sock definitely fits the bill.

Dare I say they should try for a "package" deal?
Reylek
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller
Magician: Yes

Unread post by Reylek »

Hey everyone. Thanks for your thoughts and feedback on this campaign.

While we've been producing tricks, accessories and videos for about 15 years, and decks for about 3 years, the card sock is unlike anything we've ever made before.

We totally realize that this is a quirky item and will not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's totally OK. This certainly isn't your average card clip!

I think this might be more of a magician item than something that will necessarily appeal to collectors. We've been playing with the prototype for awhile now and have some fun ideas for Card to Impossible Location type routines, etc.

While it looks simple, we actually went through several manufacturers and made several prototypes to make the sock look, feel, and fit perfectly on a standard poker deck. We're not just buying socks off the shelf and cutting them down to size - this is a totally custom product.

In road testing the prototype with some performances, it definitely elicits chuckles and amused reactions to pull out a mini sock and take your deck out of it. The goal of this item is to be quirky, fun, and unusual.

We should have a video posted before long to explain more about the product.

We also do have custom decks designed that we've placed as stretch goals. So if we hit those goals, anyone who digs the decks but not the socks will be able to snag those.

Thanks, and keep the feedback coming (even if you think this is the dumbest product to hit KS since potato salad).
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and add some details to this project... Yeah we are a tough crowd but if it funds more power to you.. Good luck
JuFiN
White Whale: Delirium Signature
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by JuFiN »

I like it... hope it hits the playing cards stretch goal, if it does I suspect it will easily knock out the other goals from add ones of the deck.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

Could've just started out selling the deck with the sock first instead of only the sock.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Reylek wrote:Hey everyone. Thanks for your thoughts and feedback on this campaign.

While we've been producing tricks, accessories and videos for about 15 years, and decks for about 3 years, the card sock is unlike anything we've ever made before.

We totally realize that this is a quirky item and will not be everyone's cup of tea, and that's totally OK. This certainly isn't your average card clip!

I think this might be more of a magician item than something that will necessarily appeal to collectors. We've been playing with the prototype for awhile now and have some fun ideas for Card to Impossible Location type routines, etc.

While it looks simple, we actually went through several manufacturers and made several prototypes to make the sock look, feel, and fit perfectly on a standard poker deck. We're not just buying socks off the shelf and cutting them down to size - this is a totally custom product.

In road testing the prototype with some performances, it definitely elicits chuckles and amused reactions to pull out a mini sock and take your deck out of it. The goal of this item is to be quirky, fun, and unusual.

We should have a video posted before long to explain more about the product.

We also do have custom decks designed that we've placed as stretch goals. So if we hit those goals, anyone who digs the decks but not the socks will be able to snag those.

Thanks, and keep the feedback coming (even if you think this is the dumbest product to hit KS since potato salad).
I think it would be cheaper to buy a bag of socks, cut them in half, and sew them at the end. Campaign upcoming!
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

No need to be so rude about it. It’s clearly something with more design work than cutting up a sock... it’s desgned to perfectly fit a deck of cards. It’s a little bit goofy but it’s a cheap 5 dollar (you get two at $10 level) novelty card carrying case. It will keep my cards safe enough when I’m on the go and maybe get a laugh from friends.
Smocito

Unread post by Smocito »

Now that I saw this, I'm wondering if I've been influenced into collecting playing cards by receiving socks for Christmas...

I may ask my mother to do some "personalized" sleeves for a couple of decks :)

On a more serious level, I think it may protect a deck and it will be lighter than a card guard.
I like the idea but I won't be backing.
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

I think you have erred making this the project and not an add on to a deck of cards. I also expect you are going to have an ocean swell of folk expecting a deck as well as the socks.
For mine, if it has four legs, a tail, likes bones and barks it is probably a dog. This has all the attributes of a pair of socks with the ends cut off, but if you can succeed in selling ice to the Eskimo’s then go for gold.
JuFiN

Unread post by JuFiN »

I agree this kickstarter would be much more successful and appealing had it included the matching deck of cards from the beginning, as is it might not fund at all and it would amaze me if it did unlock the deck.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I'll draw a happy face on the sock and call it Mr. Socko...
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586