Alter Deco Playing Cards: Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Alter Deco Playing Cards: Live on KS

Unread post by flashcards »

theCapraAegagrus

Re: Alter Deco Playing Cards: Live on KS

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Yikes. No. How are these vintage..?
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

Whew, good thing they used the open-domain court lineart, or it might've been a problem that the K's in the indices are an illegible mess.
The Alter Deco deck has been in the works for several months now. The result of this hard work is a simply stunning card deck that handles smoothly and boldly stands out from any playing cards you've seen before.
[citation needed]
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Merlebird wrote:Whew, good thing they used the open-domain court lineart, or it might've been a problem that the K's in the indices are an illegible mess.
The Alter Deco deck has been in the works for several months now. The result of this hard work is a simply stunning card deck that handles smoothly and boldly stands out from any playing cards you've seen before.
[citation needed]
Unless they're printing the deck themselves (and spending several months doing so), THEIR hard work makes no difference in how smoothly the deck handles :roll:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
Merlebird

That was my other question. I'm not much of a collector, so maybe it's just me, but I've never heard of the printer they said they were planning on using. NageCards?
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

Repeating faces for the Kings and the Queens (for the non-profile cards, they are just flipped) and the fact you can't read the letters of the cards (this is the best example of the worst lettering in a long time) makes it easy to pass on this one.

On the Kickstarted page, it says, "Printed by NageCards." A Google search reveals they are Russian...maybe the Russian version of MPC? Anyone know of other decks printed by NageCards?
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

The name is familiar, so I am sure some have used them. I would have to check my database tomorrow to tell you which used them.
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

TGunitedcardists wrote:On the Kickstarted page, it says, "Printed by NageCards." A Google search reveals they are Russian...maybe the Russian version of MPC? Anyone know of other decks printed by NageCards?
Printer in Saint Petersburgh. I own one deck. No problem with the tuck box quality, card quality pretty horrible. And that's coming from me, who normally doesn't care about the quality that much, only the design. Jock1971 said in some thread however that their quality is pretty hit and miss, that there are a few decks by them with better quality, can't prove or disprove that, but judging by that one deck that I own (Slavic Special) I bet that the better quality decks can't be that much better but that's just my feeling.

Also the cellophane was perhaps the worst I have ever seen, had to remove it in about 13 different pieces as it ripped so easily.

I am ready to buy a new NageCards deck if I really like the design. These? Passing these so wide that I ended up on Vladivostok.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Jock1971

Unread post by Jock1971 »

Räpylätassu wrote: Jock1971 said in some thread however that their quality is pretty hit and miss
I do not consider myself some kind of expert on the "Quality" of cards and have only eight packs by Nage cards to compare.
To be fair to Nage cards their printing and registration are always very good but like many Card manufacturers they offer many different card thickness and types of finishes and it is up to the customer to choose which of these suits them, and these choices are often not up to cardists or players standards.
However i am not a cardist nor do i play with my custom decks so Like Rapylatassu i would buy nage cards again if i liked the design...sadly not these cards though.
Some packs from Nage cards
Korchma Taras Bulba.jpg
Pekelna Horugva.jpg
Eastern Playing Cards Limited Edition.jpg
Game Of Threats.jpg
Merlebird

Jock1971 wrote:
Korchma Taras Bulba.jpg
I definitely did not just go on eBay and buy a deck of these instead. No way. Fake news.