Le Jeu de Cartes des Croisades (Grimaud)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Le Jeu de Cartes des Croisades (Grimaud)

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

This Crusade themed Grimaud is a bit newer one, it was printed in 1996. The courts feature famous people during the Crusades, for example Saladin. The indexes on the pips are roman numerals, which I think is a fine touch. My favorite part of this deck are the Jokers, which are a red and black Devil. I don't speak France, but apperantly the decks title Le Jeu de Cartes des Croisades has some sort of word play or another.

You can get this deck at Naipes Zaca, they have currently 5 decks left for 7,80 € per deck. It's no way the best Grimaud on the market, but it's okay. Link. I also currently have an unopened deck, which will be one of the decks that I will donate in a mixed brick as a prize at the Decks of the year 2017 contest.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE