Victor Hugo 1885-1985 (Grimaud)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Victor Hugo 1885-1985 (Grimaud)

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

I opened threads for my favorite Grimaud decks a couple of days ago, and I'll continue it now. I won't bother with all of them, only the ones I consider worthy of doing the work and there are only about 3-4 left, including this one.

The Victor Hugo 1885-1985 was printed in 1985 and designed by Dominique Asselot to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Victor Hugo. The court cards feature characters from Hugo's work, Queen of Spades for example is Esmeralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. This is no way my favorite Grimaud deck (that honor going to Jeu des Cartes 1900, Jeu des Musiciens, Bataille Nancy and Correspondances decks), but it's pretty nice.

Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE