Alighieri - Dante's Inferno live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Alighieri - Dante's Inferno live on KS

Unread post by badpete69 »

Oscar53955
Player: Yes

Re: Alighieri - Dante's Inferno live on KS

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

Meh

Riccardo Conturbia’s decks are MUCH better
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

:ugdance: Woohoo! Another Divine Comedy deck! I don't have any of those. :uggrin:
Oscar53955 wrote:Meh

Riccardo Conturbia’s decks are MUCH better
Agreed. Was lucky enough to get an Avernum deck along with everything else. The book-fold double-deck is far and away one of the classiest decks I own.
Adonael

Unread post by Adonael »

Love the look of these, I don't have any divine comedy decks myself because other than Avernum which I haven't been able to afford, there aren't any I like, including the Inferno decks. I would absolutely back this, however the problem is that they're asking $30 inc shipping for a freaking MPC printed deck. I did a literal double-take when I saw it! Forget that.
portcullis
Decks Owned: 440

Unread post by portcullis »

I share your pain Adonael. Being an Australian and a cardist sucks. I've got a little rule tho, if the pair on KS is up to US$40 [certain prominent artists excluded] and I like the design, I'll get some

Yeah I was lucky enough to be able to afford an Avernum deck #240/250 with Riccardo's last KS. Seems I got a good deal on it. I know ebay inflates prices slightly, but even so I haven't seen one recently for under AU$200 lately, when I paid ~$45.

There's one very prominent designer well known to the boards here who is a "must have for any discerning cardist". He just hasn't designed a deck I like yet.
Conturbia
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by Conturbia »

Whoa! I like that the knowledge of this awesome poem is spreading and I thank everyone for the kind words. I can't see an image of the back, however.

Well, the art is by Doré so... of course it's great! It's just not original artwork.
Conturbia
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

We had this project running on our minds for a LOOOONG time: the Sistine Chapel. Problem is: what do you do? Do you take images from the Sistine Chapel (BTW it's not so easy if you want to do it 100% legally) and put them on playing cards? Not my jam. Do you force an artist to "copy" Michelangelo? Not fair to the artist and not respectful of the original work. After a while we stopped the project.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Conturbia wrote:We had this project running on our minds for a LOOOONG time: the Sistine Chapel. Problem is: what do you do? Do you take images from the Sistine Chapel (BTW it's not so easy if you want to do it 100% legally) and put them on playing cards? Not my jam. Do you force an artist to "copy" Michelangelo? Not fair to the artist and not respectful of the original work. After a while we stopped the project.
CPC did a Sistine Chapel deck. I liked it and got it. You can read their take on designing it here. http://www.collectableplayingcards.com/ ... 48638.html
Move on, nothing to see here.
Conturbia
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

RichK wrote:
Conturbia wrote:We had this project running on our minds for a LOOOONG time: the Sistine Chapel. Problem is: what do you do? Do you take images from the Sistine Chapel (BTW it's not so easy if you want to do it 100% legally) and put them on playing cards? Not my jam. Do you force an artist to "copy" Michelangelo? Not fair to the artist and not respectful of the original work. After a while we stopped the project.
CPC did a Sistine Chapel deck. I liked it and got it. You can read their take on designing it here. http://www.collectableplayingcards.com/ ... 48638.html
It was one of the options, I will buy it to check the outcome! Thank you!
Conturbia
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

portcullis wrote:I share your pain Adonael. Being an Australian and a cardist sucks. I've got a little rule tho, if the pair on KS is up to US$40 [certain prominent artists excluded] and I like the design, I'll get some

Yeah I was lucky enough to be able to afford an Avernum deck #240/250 with Riccardo's last KS. Seems I got a good deal on it. I know ebay inflates prices slightly, but even so I haven't seen one recently for under AU$200 lately, when I paid ~$45.

There's one very prominent designer well known to the boards here who is a "must have for any discerning cardist". He just hasn't designed a deck I like yet.
$200 dollars is too much.. I still have some on my store at a waaaay lower price.