Flywheels (Jackson Robinson / Kings Wild Project)

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Re: Flywheels (Jackson Robinson / Kings Wild Project)

Unread post by CBJ »

CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Whoop de doo. 2012 called, they want their gimmick back: https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/555/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pstaehlin
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by pstaehlin »

That's pretty cool.
Oscar53955

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

vasta41 wrote:Whoop de doo. 2012 called, they want their gimmick back: https://www.portfolio52.com/deck/555/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: exactly what I thought about.

I don’t really care about animation backs anymore since other decks like the Fantastique and Mechanic decks already had them. Plus, those animations are better than that of the flywheels.

Overall, I’m just not really impressed by this deck. The only thing that I really like about these are the limited print run of 250 each, but it’s not enough for me to purchase them.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

CBJ
Decks Owned: 2000

Unread post by CBJ »

Sold out
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

I think it's kinda cool. If he's not gonna blow us away with spectacular designs then at least he's trying new things. Being progressive is the only way he's going to continue making money in this business and it's still working for him, obviously.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

I think he's just trying to pay off his new toy. Yeah they were $15 a deck so he went easy on the cost but this is lazy work for him. Push yourself JR as you say drawing is your passion.
Move on, nothing to see here.
alric
Cardist: Yes

Unread post by alric »

TwoPieceFeed wrote:I think it's kinda cool. If he's not gonna blow us away with spectacular designs then at least he's trying new things. Being progressive is the only way he's going to continue making money in this business and it's still working for him, obviously.
Exactly what is new and progressive about this deck? Handmade letterpressed tucks have been done before. Animation incorporated into the back design has been done before, and much better than this basic animation. All this deck showed was that Jack$on still has 250 fanboys that will snatch up anything he puts out. If anyone really likes this mediocre design, than all they have to do is wait for EPCC to release the remaining 1500 decks they printed at a much lower price without Jack$son's arts and crafts tuck project. If you like the animated backs, go get the Fantastique, Mechanic, or Grotesque decks.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I am a bit surprised this sold out. I guess that is great for him. I didn't see anything inspiring in this issue. The limited release I guess is fine, but as has been stated, there are other printed decks out there that need a home. Anyway, this was a pass for me. If it starts selling for crazy prices and becomes the next Red Fontaine, I am still passing on it.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
badpete69

It sold out mainly because a bunch of retailers bought in large quantities. If you look on ebay right now the only sets available are from a couple resellers including Gamblers. It actually would have been cheaper to buy that set from them with free shipping than it was buying it on JR site

Another lesson learned
theCapraAegagrus

alric wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:I think it's kinda cool. If he's not gonna blow us away with spectacular designs then at least he's trying new things. Being progressive is the only way he's going to continue making money in this business and it's still working for him, obviously.
Exactly what is new and progressive about this deck? Handmade letterpressed tucks have been done before. Animation incorporated into the back design has been done before, and much better than this basic animation. All this deck showed was that Jack$on still has 250 fanboys that will snatch up anything he puts out. If anyone really likes this mediocre design, than all they have to do is wait for EPCC to release the remaining 1500 decks they printed at a much lower price without Jack$son's arts and crafts tuck project. If you like the animated backs, go get the Fantastique, Mechanic, or Grotesque decks.
I didn't see this comment before.

What's wrong with you? I never said that he's "reinventing playing cards" or "innovating the industry". I said that he's being progressive. He has not delivered an animated deck before. If he's running out of new ideas for basic artwork, then at least he is doing something different.

I'm sick of all the "Jack$on" BS, too. Don't degrade the man for making a living. And don't degrade his customers or fans for enjoying his products. His decks are still better than half of the Kickstarter crap thrown around where the artist is just trying to make a dime and clearly didn't put a damn week's worth of work into it.

I apologize for hijacking the thread but we need to avoid more Victor/Bruno problems.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
alric

Unread post by alric »

TwoPieceFeed wrote:
alric wrote:

What's wrong with you? I never said that he's "reinventing playing cards" or "innovating the industry". I said that he's being progressive. He has not delivered an animated deck before. If he's running out of new ideas for basic artwork, then at least he is doing something different.

I'm sick of all the "Jack$on" BS, too. Don't degrade the man for making a living. And don't degrade his customers or fans for enjoying his products. His decks are still better than half of the Kickstarter crap thrown around where the artist is just trying to make a dime and clearly didn't put a damn week's worth of work into it.

I apologize for hijacking the thread but we need to avoid more Victor/Bruno problems.
Why don't you calm the down and read posts more carefully? You wrote Jackson was being "progressive" for adding animation to his deck. I wrote there's nothing progressive about animation and that its been done before. Period. I never accused you of saying Jackson's "reinventing playing cards" or "innovating the industry". Those are YOUR words, don't put them in my mouth.

As for the JackSon moniker, I'm entitled my opinion, just like you're entitled to yours. The "$" goes all the way back to 2013 when Jackson f@cked up his Moriarty deck and then came onto UC and basically lied to us and insulted all of us here at UC for daring to say he lied and f@cked up. I find it ironic you reference Bruno. I get so tired of people getting butt-hurt because someone doesn't like one of their favorite designers. Just exactly how is adding a "$" degrading you for liking Jackson's decks? If your skin is that thin, stay off the boards. You go on slurping up Jackson's decks and I'll go on having my opinion of Jack$on.

I agree this is hijacking this thread, so this is the last I'm going to speak of this. Let's see if you can show the same restraint.
TGunitedcardists

Unread post by TGunitedcardists »

I didn't buy this deck because the back design was weak, the tuck was subpar and it was overpriced. This deck easily in the top 3 weakest Kings Wild Project decks.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

It is true, nothing federal 52 about it.
Those who engraved (in steel !) such items were true artisans, truly great at their art.
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
theCapraAegagrus

alric wrote:
TwoPieceFeed wrote:
alric wrote:

Why don't you calm the down and read posts more carefully? You wrote Jackson was being "progressive" for adding animation to his deck. I wrote there's nothing progressive about animation and that its been done before. Period. I never accused you of saying Jackson's "reinventing playing cards" or "innovating the industry". Those are YOUR words, don't put them in my mouth.

As for the JackSon moniker, I'm entitled my opinion, just like you're entitled to yours. The "$" goes all the way back to 2013 when Jackson f@cked up his Moriarty deck and then came onto UC and basically lied to us and insulted all of us here at UC for daring to say he lied and f@cked up. I find it ironic you reference Bruno. I get so tired of people getting butt-hurt because someone doesn't like one of their favorite designers. Just exactly how is adding a "$" degrading you for liking Jackson's decks? If your skin is that thin, stay off the boards. You go on slurping up Jackson's decks and I'll go on having my opinion of Jack$on.

I agree this is hijacking this thread, so this is the last I'm going to speak of this. Let's see if you can show the same restraint.
Getting defensive, deflecting, and projecting. Really? Backtracking 101.

Facts of the matter: You specifically called out my post and my 'implications'. If you actually knew anything, it would be that I have consistently conveyed my lack of support for Jackson's products since the Legal Tender project. Your childish antics don't offend me in any manner. I am, however, bothered by your lack of respect for a mostly respectable artist and his customers. If you want to provide constructive criticism or intelligent thoughts; be my guest. You haven't done that and you likely aren't going to begin any time soon. Your infantile perspective provides nothing of substance to this particular board. You're not sparking conversation. The substance of your post exists only to antagonize. It's the same BS that others used to constantly bicker through and these boards have been 110% better since it's been mostly extinct. I sincerely suggest that you stop.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

My goodness, both of you just please stop! Calling each other butt-hurt or childish/infantile doesn't prove any point for either of you and you both look equally petty. I hope the mods can nip this in the bud before it escalates any further.

I do have a request to ask from anyone who actually got the limited edition or the regular edition Flywheels deck: On the tucks of either deck, where does it say the cards are printed, Taipei or China? Regardless of where they're printed (because you never really know with Jackson :roll: ), how is the handling of the cards? I'm never getting another Jackson deck, but I am interested to know whether the handling has improved from EPCC/LPCC's Chinese factory in the event if any other deck designer decides to print from them. We all know how much the Legal Tender decks sucked, and I'm hearing Paul Carpenter's Radia deck handles pretty poor as well. If these were in fact printed in China, I'm just curious to see if they're improving.
theCapraAegagrus

sinjin7 wrote:My goodness, both of you just please stop! Calling each other butt-hurt or childish/infantile doesn't prove any point for either of you and you both look equally petty. I hope the mods can nip this in the bud before it escalates any further.

I do have a request to ask from anyone who actually got the limited edition or the regular edition Flywheels deck: On the tucks of either deck, where does it say the cards are printed, Taipei or China? Regardless of where they're printed (because you never really know with Jackson :roll: ), how is the handling of the cards? I'm never getting another Jackson deck, but I am interested to know whether the handling has improved from EPCC/LPCC's Chinese factory in the event if any other deck designer decides to print from them. We all know how much the Legal Tender decks sucked, and I'm hearing Paul Carpenter's Radia deck handles pretty poor as well. If these were in fact printed in China, I'm just curious to see if they're improving.
Partially related: I think that the Radia deck was definitely an improvement over Legal Tender, which IMO is impressive, considering the new printing/finishing method. The LT decks that I received from JR didn't handle poorly, though. They were 'average' despite many saying that they are terrible (could be that I received a good batch).
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
badpete69

sinjin7 wrote:My goodness, both of you just please stop! Calling each other butt-hurt or childish/infantile doesn't prove any point for either of you and you both look equally petty. I hope the mods can nip this in the bud before it escalates any further.

Sin all it says is this
Attachments
27336059_1211589255651795_962894531_o.jpg
theCapraAegagrus

badpete69 wrote:

Sin all it says is this
Yes, however, on CARC (on the site you can zoom into the bottom of the photo and clearly read the tuck text):

JR's first tuck rendering also revealed on the bottom of the tuck that it would be printed @ EPCC China.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

Im sure with all the heat JR took for the Legal Tender decks and the quality of them, that now he just refuses to name which company is actually producing them.
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Hmm, so it appears his limited tucks don't mention where the cards are printed, while the regular editions disclose that it's EPCC China after all. I guess Jackson felt he couldn't admit to cards being printed in China in a limited deck for which he's charging so much money. I guess if you never mention where the cards are printed, you never have to lie (or bear false witness) about it afterwards. Exodus 20:16. At least the limited tucks don't claim the Chinese cards were printed in Taiwan this time around. Baby steps.
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Re: Flywheels (Jackson Robinson / Kings Wild Project) (wap)

Unread post by Cbkimble »

Has anyone tried to contact Jackson to find out or are you all just wanting to throw mud in his face?
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

Cbkimble wrote:Has anyone tried to contact Jackson to find out or are you all just wanting to throw mud in his face?
Are you actually serious?!? What mud is being thrown here? I just wanted to know where these decks were printed since I didn't buy any myself. The photos Pierre and TwoPieceFeed showed clearly establish the limited edition doesn't bother to even disclose where they're printed while the regular editions are printed in EPCC China. Now maybe if Jackson never mislead anyone about where his Legal Tender decks were printed, then maybe we'd be throwing mud. Or if Jackson ever publicly cleared up the issue of the Legal Tenders being printed in Taipei being a lie, then maybe we'd be throwing mud. All I see is a discussion about where the Flywheel decks were being printed. The only things thrown in Jackson's face are hard facts and truth, not mud.
theCapraAegagrus

sinjin7 wrote:
Cbkimble wrote:Has anyone tried to contact Jackson to find out or are you all just wanting to throw mud in his face?
Are you actually serious?!? What mud is being thrown here? I just wanted to know where these decks were printed since I didn't buy any myself. The photos Pierre and TwoPieceFeed showed clearly establish the limited edition doesn't bother to even disclose where they're printed while the regular editions are printed in EPCC China. Now maybe if Jackson never mislead anyone about where his Legal Tender decks were printed, then maybe we'd be throwing mud. Or if Jackson ever publicly cleared up the issue of the Legal Tenders being printed in Taipei being a lie, then maybe we'd be throwing mud. All I see is a discussion about where the Flywheel decks were being printed. The only things thrown in Jackson's face are hard facts and truth, not mud.
Yeah... I don't see any mud being thrown. The last time that I checked, JR doesn't run quality control at EPCC China. People that complain about the EPCC China decks aren't damning JR. Some people just aren't interested in cards that are printed there.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Cbkimble
Decks Owned: 363

Unread post by Cbkimble »

What I mean is, did you contact him about the printing or are you just making assumptions. I didn't speak to him about the mishap with the Legal Tender decks. The only thing I can say is that Jackson needs a PR manager to explain these kinds of issues so that we aren't making assumptions.
Feeding the addiction one deck at a time.
sinjin7

Unread post by sinjin7 »

I absolutely spoke to Jackson directly about the Legal Tender decks. Despite the tucks claiming the decks were printed in Taipei, I flat out asked him where the cards were actually printed and he admitted to me they were printed in China instead. I then advised him to make clear disclosure on his Kickstarter page about this issue and explain this was an error and not an attempt to mislead anyone. I explained to him not only is this a material misrepresentation of his deck which would cause people to lose faith in his integrity if it ever got out without him making any attempt whatsoever to disclose and correct, but that he could also potentially face legal liability under the warranty laws of the United States. He never made any explanation or correction about this misrepresentation and its now been a year and a half since his KS campaign ended.

As for the Flywheels deck, the pictures in the ad copy show Jackson didn't even bother stating where the limited edition decks were printed, but the standard decks were clearly printed in China. No assumptions here, no need to contact Jackson, the pictures clearly tell the story.
Bruno

Unread post by Bruno »

So.
Jackson is fully cogniscent of your ignorance.
And so Jackson ignores uc input.
Got it.
Context and delivery, timing is everything.
No inference, no mud, no worries.
Has the Lady with the Large Voice sung yet, I plud ?
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??