Yellow Fontaines now released.. let's go fanboys

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
badpete69
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Yellow Fontaines now released.. let's go fanboys

Unread post by badpete69 »

Collaboration with LA Chinatown. Made available today only in Chinatown...Most likely will be released soon on his website and the usual other sites

Azid

Re: Yellow Fontaines now released.. let's go fanboys

Unread post by Azid »

Online release tomorrow 10PM Los Angeles Time ---> http://www.fontainecards.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdBUOC3nwjI ... tainecards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Myv

Unread post by Myv »

If anyone is into this, https://fontaine-cards.myshopify.com/pr ... n-fontaine $20USD

Skipping this one

Instagram comments are beginning to look toxic, complaints about not selling out yet, price for deck, etc. :roll:
kulidone

Unread post by kulidone »

Well, the color is not really appealing and the price tag 20$ is a lot as well. And I noticed that last Fontaines Carrots arent selling really well. Their retail price was 22$ they sold out pretty fast 1 hour 19 minutes and yet they are being sold on ebay for around 26-28$ max 30$. Which is really low. So I guess that people and resellers arent interested in Yellow Fontaines.

I checked their website and at this time it has 4092 decks left.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I do not understand the interest in Fontaines. They hold no interest to me at all. In this case, I am happy to let others collect them.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Myv

Unread post by Myv »

Bradius wrote:I do not understand the interest in Fontaines. They hold no interest to me at all. In this case, I am happy to let others collect them.
I really like the previous ones, like blue and red... it's classy looking, I only got into cardistry around the time carrots got released and I got 2 packs of those since I thought they looked quite nice as well. But this yellow one, everything about it looks very tacky.
Azazaaz
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: CERN
Decks Owned: 900

Unread post by Azazaaz »

It's the first time I've seen Fontaine playing cards still available days after their launch. Is that the end of the road for this design?
Alex
kulidone

Azazaaz wrote:It's the first time I've seen Fontaine playing cards still available days after their launch. Is that the end of the road for this design?
Well there are several reason for that.

1. Bad color (yellow is meh)
2. High price 20$ (standard is 15$ although Carrots cost 22$, but they look much better than this)
3. Bad timing (right "after" christmas so everyone is broke)
4. The shipping cost especially INT is now more expensive at 1 deck it cost 16$ to ship which means 36$ for 1x Yellow Fontaine.
5. Price of the last Fontaine Carrots is pretty low on ebay which means that people arent, buying them that much+all reasons above. So resellers arent interested investing more money in Fontaines.

At the moment there are 3367 decks left. So they sold last 2 days just around 700 decks. It seems they wont be sold out very soon.
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

I just noticed that these are sold out.
kulidone

Yeah. They are now sold out, but it was "made" like that. What I mean is that just few hours before Zach announced it I was checking their stock and it was around 2500. So they said its sold out, because it would damage his brand if it took too long.
Trungbreezy
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by Trungbreezy »

kulidone wrote:Yeah. They are now sold out, but it was "made" like that. What I mean is that just few hours before Zach announced it I was checking their stock and it was around 2500. So they said its sold out, because it would damage his brand if it took too long.
How were you able to check the stock it just told me the purchase limit was 36 a person if I checked.
Instagram: @sj_cardcollector
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

kulidone wrote:Yeah. They are now sold out, but it was "made" like that. What I mean is that just few hours before Zach announced it I was checking their stock and it was around 2500. So they said its sold out, because it would damage his brand if it took too long.
So, you probably checked just before Zach did his "deadstock" drop, where he released a handful of his older decks on the site. Of course the older stock disappeared almost instantly, but I can imagine people taking that opportunity to buy some more Chinatown Fontaines. So seeing 2500 stock disappear in the course of the few hours of this special sale doesn't seem crazy.

Tinfoil hat possibility: it's possible he used this "deadstock" drop as an excuse to remove the remaining Chinatown stock from his site to claim they sold out without appearing too suspicious. If I was more adamant about this theory I'd have kept checking back on the Chinatown stock AS the sale was happening to see if it was dwindling at the expected rate, instead of all 2500 at one time disappearing.
kulidone

@Trungbreezy

There are other ways how to check it, but I used similar method to be honest I really dont remember what exactly I did, because it was similar. I just tried to add lot of decks and it says I couldnt and number of the decks left.

@shatani

Well after first day the stock was around 4000. After 3 days it was around 3300 decks and after 1 week of release the stock dropped to 2500 decks.

So I really doubt that he sold during his "deadstock" drop lot of yellow fontaines, because people had to checkout really fast to get the "deadstock" decks and noone cared about some yellow fontaines also I was checking comments and not many people bought yellow fontaines that day. And the whole drop was like 10 minutes.

Ofc its my theory/opinion and I can be wrong, but when I look at these numbers is really really unlikely that they sold out. Last 7 days he sold just 1500 decks... and selling 2500 in few hours when people were focused on deadstock drop? I doubt it.
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

Perhaps he sold or rather "wholesaled" them to retail dealers. I'm sure there are many dealers that would love to have them. If we see them popping up in the next few weeks, we will know for sure.
anwar

Unread post by anwar »

Now for sale at Art of Play. More the 500 decks available.
doobybrain

Unread post by doobybrain »

I got suckered into buying these. But looks like Zach has disappeared... No updates on Instagram. No replies to multiple emails about order. Anybody know of another route to get in touch with Fontaine Cards?
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

doobybrain wrote:I got suckered into buying these. But looks like Zach has disappeared... No updates on Instagram. No replies to multiple emails about order. Anybody know of another route to get in touch with Fontaine Cards?
New Year has just started and it is highly possible that he is on vacation or off work (which might explain about his disappearance on Insta). This is not going to help you though but you might want to adopt a wait n watch approach.
kulidone

doobybrain wrote:I got suckered into buying these. But looks like Zach has disappeared... No updates on Instagram. No replies to multiple emails about order. Anybody know of another route to get in touch with Fontaine Cards?
I wrote him an email to merge my orders and I got a reply few hours ago that they should ship all orders by the end of this week, because of merging thousands of orders and refund the shipping differences.
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Why would they be merging "thousands" of orders and why would so many people place multiple orders?
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
kulidone

jerichoholic wrote:Why would they be merging "thousands" of orders and why would so many people place multiple orders?
You asked 2 questions, but you already answered yourself to your first one.

They are merging "thousands" of orders, because many people placed multiple orders. Lol.

Answer the second one. Yellow Fontaines were launched on 24th december, but after 1 week Zach dropped some amount of his Deadstock cards (older versions) for retail price. So many people want to merge their orders where are Yellow Fontaines and the other one with deadstock decks. Also many people made more orders on deadstock drop the explanation is bit long so I will pass.