Bicycle Fireflies: Live on KS

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Bicycle Fireflies: Live on KS

Unread post by flashcards »

vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Bicycle Fireflies: Live on KS

Unread post by vasta41 »

Quite a think tank at CPC. I can't hate on all their designs and at least there's some effort going into these but I can't help but think they're a slightly better, modern day merz (does anyone here even understand that reference anymore or does that date me as a playing card collector?).
Oscar53955
Player: Yes

Unread post by Oscar53955 »

Meh just another CPC deck. I don’t really like this one. CPC Usually make decent tucks but they ruin the faces by doing too much to make them custom.
Azazaaz
Cardist: Yes
Player: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: CERN
Decks Owned: 900

Unread post by Azazaaz »

vasta41 wrote:Quite a think tank at CPC. I can't hate on all their designs and at least there's some effort going into these but I can't help but think they're a slightly better, modern day merz (does anyone here even understand that reference anymore or does that date me as a playing card collector?).
I started collecting about 2 years ago, which is yesterday in terms of a hobby. And I totally get the reference. And it's good to keep it alive: future generations of collectors need to know what you've been through :lol:
Alex
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Azazaaz wrote:
vasta41 wrote:Quite a think tank at CPC. I can't hate on all their designs and at least there's some effort going into these but I can't help but think they're a slightly better, modern day merz (does anyone here even understand that reference anymore or does that date me as a playing card collector?).
I started collecting about 2 years ago, which is yesterday in terms of a hobby. And I totally get the reference. And it's good to keep it alive: future generations of collectors need to know what you've been through :lol:
Actually I personally haven't been through that. In fact "back then" it was entirely possible for someone with my lower-middle class budget to posses all "modern" (circa 1992 onward) Bicycle and USPCC playing cards. Like Jay I had to have 'em all! Until I saw merz's decks... Unlike Jay those were the first Bicycle-branded decks that I purposefully passed on. Still no regrets to this day.