Chancellor Gilded Ultra Rare deck by Encarded

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Re: Chancellor Gilded Ultra Rare deck by Encarded

Unread post by vasta41 »

alric wrote:And when did having an opinion merit having our UC profiles deleted and banned from collecting cards? I thought you were better than that, vasta41. At least you were in the past.
I never said to delete your UC profile if you have an opinion. What I said was you should delete your UC profile if you're upset that Paul made this deck. But as you yourself just said, "No one is upset Paul made this deck." So if you're going to call me out, please do a better job reading what I type.
alric wrote:The bottom line is that if Paul and all the other designers gave full transparency for all their LIMITED decks, then we wouldn't even be having discussions like this.
Our opinions of what transparency is must differ. IMO we shouldn't even be having discussions like this (unless of course it's obvious and egregious which I think we can all agree this case is not) and Paul is not hiding anything; nor are some of the other designers you speak of. Every single deck creator here will tell you that all printing companies print extra decks (as much as 10%?) and the actual number down to the very last deck is different with each deck. If at the start of a project the creator says, "I'm going to print 1,000 decks" and USPCC send the creator 1,078 decks, some extra run offs, some dinged, some with glue exposed on the tuck, etc. I don't expect the creator to have to release a statement after the project is over stating that there are actually 1,078 decks. To me the 1,000 is as forthright as possible. So if you find it relevant for creators to disclose every last deck, even the screwed up ones that couldn't even function as a dogs chew toy, then I completely disagree with you and think that's a very demanding and high-strung way to be in this hobby.
Now if Paul, for some magical reason, had 1,000 AND ONLY 1,000 Chancellor decks but decided to re-tuck 50 of them, then like I said above, that's a totally different conversation (did Paul lie or deceive people?). I say it's not a big deal, you say it is- who cares? Either way what's done is done. The point is if the only way that he could produce this product was to dive into the Chancellor decks then I'm sure as hell happy he did.
sinjin7
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by sinjin7 »

badpete69 wrote:You see this is where I disagree.. No one has to be 100% to the letter transparent... No one owes anyone anything here. I am not saying state that 1000 decks were made when 5000 were printed but if 1000 were made and a seller sells 946, then who gives a phoque It is totally irrelevant. As long as you have 1 of the 1000 who cares how many were made available. And the only reason we are having this discussion is because a few frustrated members wanted to express their displeausre.. Sounds to me that its more about missing out on the deck than anything else... Anyway again everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I think I'm going to side with alric on this one. Of course no one has to be 100% transparent, but it would be really nice if they did, especially with their "limited" or "rare" decks. Of course no one owes us anything, but I think designers want our business. Maybe some people are bitter because they missed out on a deck they wanted and they're venting on our forum (which they can do without having to delete their profiles here), but the principle still remains true: More transparency is always a good thing.

As decks get more "limited" and as prices continue to skyrocket, designers know that there is the greatest profit margins at the ultra limited high end of the spectrum. So if we're going to shell out money at multiples of what the market standard rate is, I don't think it's unreasonable for us to ask for some absolute transparency about these allegedly "limited" numbers. Seriously, where is the big burden in this? I''m assuming deck designers don't have anything to hide, so why not give up the real numbers? Its not a difficult thing for them to do and it would put everyone's minds (even the most paranoid collectors) at ease.
vasta41 wrote:Our opinions of what transparency is must differ. IMO we shouldn't even be having discussions like this (unless of course it's obvious and egregious which I think we can all agree this case is not) and Paul is not hiding anything; nor are some of the other designers you speak of. Every single deck creator here will tell you that all printing companies print extra decks (as much as 10%?) and the actual number down to the very last deck is different with each deck. If at the start of a project the creator says, "I'm going to print 1,000 decks" and USPCC send the creator 1,078 decks, some extra run offs, some dinged, some with glue exposed on the tuck, etc. I don't expect the creator to have to release a statement after the project is over stating that there are actually 1,078 decks. To me the 1,000 is as forthright as possible. So if you find it relevant for creators to disclose every last deck, even the screwed up ones that couldn't even function as a dogs chew toy, then I completely disagree with you and think that's a very demanding and high-strung way to be in this hobby.
I'm not talking about transparency for regular print run decks, only "limited" runs. I don't consider a 1000 print run limited, most common KS decks from foreign printers (EPCC/LPCC/NPCC, etc..) are 1000 deck print runs, and they don't have USPCC +/- 10% factorial. In my mind (and no one has to agree with this) if you claim less than 250 decks printed or in existence, or if they're priced more than 3x the standard market rate of a standard custom deck, then that should trigger a higher level of transparency. Do they HAVE TO? No. Would it be nice? Yes. Again, at these numbers it shouldn't be such an onerous pain for a designer to just provide these low numbers. In fact, I would argue it would even boost future sales of their ultra limited high end decks when collectors know one designer is far more transparent than another. And if the source of your ultra limited high end deck is from an over-run of a previous standard deck run and you're putting those extras into a blinged out ultra rare tuck, just say so. It's already been proven collectors will snatch up even mere tuck swaps. So yes, even accounting for screwed up ones that can't function as a dog toy is doable for low print runs, designers are big boys and girls and they know how to count up to 1100 and it shouldn't take them too long to get there.

But hell, maybe I'm just demanding and high-strung. :D
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

sinjin7 wrote:So yes, even accounting for screwed up ones that can't function as a dog toy is doable for low print runs, designers are big boys and girls and they know how to count up to 1100 and it shouldn't take them too long to get there.
I guess you guys just care more than me because I don't think the hairs need to be split that finely. So you might be right:
sinjin7 wrote:maybe I'm just demanding and high-strung. :D
:ugthink: :uggrin:
sinjin7 wrote:Maybe some people are bitter because they missed out on a deck they wanted and they're venting on our forum (which they can do without having to delete their profiles here)
PLEASE DO NOT MISQUOTE ME! I NEVER said that and also completely disagree with that statement.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

vasta41 wrote:
sinjin7 wrote:So yes, even accounting for screwed up ones that can't function as a dog toy is doable for low print runs, designers are big boys and girls and they know how to count up to 1100 and it shouldn't take them too long to get there.
I guess you guys just care more than me because I don't think the hairs need to be split that finely. So you might be right:
sinjin7 wrote:maybe I'm just demanding and high-strung. :D
:ugthink: :uggrin:
sinjin7 wrote:Maybe some people are bitter because they missed out on a deck they wanted and they're venting on our forum (which they can do without having to delete their profiles here)
PLEASE DO NOT MISQUOTE ME! I NEVER said that and also completely disagree with that statement.
You know what, vasta? If you're gonna go around telling people that they should delete their UC profile, then I think that you should delete your UC profile. [/sarcasm]
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

Dear UC members, please be advised that "UnitedCardists.com" and its affiliates do not endorse the views of UC member "vasta41", and do not recommend deleting your UC profile.
:mrgreen:
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
rousselle
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by rousselle »

I was going to say that people saying that people saying that people should delete their UC profile should delete their UC profile should delete their UC profile, but then I realized... what's to stop someone saying that people saying that people saying that people saying that people should delete their UC profile should delete their UC profile should delete their UC profile should delete their UC profile? And, then where would we be?

I'm just saying.
This space intentionally left blank.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

That's it. I'm deleting my profile..
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-kQSz-Qv0

Patreon has changed their billing model so each pledger will have to pay an added on ($pledge amount x 2.9%) + 0.35 for every creator they back. Creators are beyond irate and talking with Patreon about changing it because pledgers are just as mad and it's "unfair" for them to pass the credit card charges to us. I back 6 people and if Pareon keeps this policy will drop Encarded like a hot potato. Paul had a good idea imo but it might end up being a moot point about "special treatment".
Move on, nothing to see here.
Bruno
Decks Owned: 0

Unread post by Bruno »

Bruno is just happy to see the word egregious used here.
My 35 yr old beard is simply beside itself.
I may have to ask Mike to incorporate this into the UC branding.
My childish beard suggests that sinjin adopt it for his first deck name.
Proceed &co .... :D
O, I beg of you your comprehensions,
yet laugh at your contempts ....
my only competition is with myselves.

But Lèse-majesté, especially >Normans, natch.

Is jarnstill the Ars of the Hors Nebulous ?
Neigh .... the Effluxor of the Omniverse ??
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Wow...never imagined this conversation will go in such a direction. I think this is not the first time, it has happened. I can count decks from 4 creators who did the same, limited edition on one Kickstarter and moving on to a signature or luxury edition through another which was a tuck swap (but this isn't..it comes with gilding along with a new tuck which is a different value proposition). The only difference here is that people supporting Paul on Paetron got a first chance to get the hands on this deck whereas Kickstarter is open to all and everyone can have the same shot at getting the deck (though timezones does play a factor), and most of us on UC are not active on Paetron.

PS: A critique on decks coming up with custom die cut showing gilding : The gild edged area exposed to air will appear different in a month or so as compared to rest of the unexposed area. So, better not to open this deck and keep it enclosed in the carat case. Also, chemical gilding being done by the likes of G* & MP* (not saying that this deck's gilding is done by either of the two) on a deck of cards created long ago will pale in quality and durability than the one created on a new set of cards recently cut. Restoration gilding is what can change this but you won't find Craftsmen easily who can do this or be ready to pay a premium. As this deck is limited to 50 decks, I am sure no one will be ready to open the deck to check the quality of gilding, by the way.
PlanisViator

Unread post by PlanisViator »

Everybody who's criticizing the person who voiced his discontent with whatever Carpenter did, is an A-Hole.
This is a bloody forum. Where else do we voice out opinions, if not here?
What are you guys, fu**ing thought police?
Screw off.
People should be able to voice their reasonable opinions, without being belittled and forced to read garbage such as - opinions only matter, when lots of people think the same way.
What the hell.
You people are all like each other. That's why UC forums is such an incredibly small part of the playing cards collectors market.
Nobody has the time to go through this crap.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

PlanisViator wrote:Everybody who's criticizing the person who voiced his discontent with whatever Carpenter did, is an A-Hole.
Screw off.
People should be able to voice their reasonable opinions, without being belittled and forced to read garbage such as - opinions only matter, when lots of people think the same way.
What the hell.
You people are all like each other. That's why UC forums is such an incredibly small part of the playing cards collectors market.
Name calling and over-generalization is worse. People will always disagree with each others' opinions and get into discussions or even arguments, but rarely do our members sink as low as to resort to the aforementioned. If you don't like it here, you're welcome to leave at any time.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

PlanisViator wrote:Nobody has the time to go through this crap.
Contradict much?
Some people here clearly misunderstood my point and I'm sick of explaining it.
theCapraAegagrus

PlanisViator wrote:Everybody who's criticizing the person who voiced his discontent with whatever Carpenter did, is an A-Hole.
Screw off.
What the hell.
The derp is strong in this one...
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck

Unread post by akicer »

PlanisViator wrote:That's why UC forums is such an incredibly small part of the playing cards collectors market.
I'd be more than happy to know where is the bigger collectors market... truly...
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Well, I just received my patron backer carat case. I like it. Now, if someone would like to donate a nice Aurum deck for me to put in the carat case, I would be much obliged :ugking:
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
sovereignsales

Unread post by sovereignsales »

I agree.... :D
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Re: Chancellor Gilded Ultra Rare deck by Encarded (wap)

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Well I was a Patreon on the lowest level for a bit but he doesn’t communicate. Also posting pics of a Tesla that over $100K on FB that he got leads me to believe he doesn’t need the financial suppport in any way. I’ll be happy to support him on Patreon when I can also afford to buy the same car.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
theCapraAegagrus

Re: Chancellor Gilded Ultra Rare deck by Encarded (wap)

jerichoholic wrote:Well I was a Patreon on the lowest level for a bit but he doesn’t communicate. Also posting pics of a Tesla that over $100K on FB that he got leads me to believe he doesn’t need the financial suppport in any way. I’ll be happy to support him on Patreon when I can also afford to buy the same car.
Cool story.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

The decks are shipping
Attachments
IMG_7068_2048x2048.jpg
badpete69

Unread post by badpete69 »

Came in also today
Attachments
36513708_1321333318010721_5834143726456274944_n.jpg
36503215_1321333268010726_4027831286650372096_n.jpg
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Wow, those are beautiful. It's a shame Paul went AWOL.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

I became a Patron after this deck was released. Six or so months of basically nothing, so I am out. I don't have anything of Paul's anyway. But, the lack of activity was really disappointing. Glad you are getting the limited decks.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Cardians
White Whale: Anything Lotrek makes....

Unread post by Cardians »

vasta41 wrote:Wow, those are beautiful. It's a shame Paul went AWOL.
He didn't go AWOL. He's still around, just browsing as a guest to avoid logging in, constructive criticism and answering to peoples questions and/or concerns regarding Radia.

It will be interesting on how he goes about promoting his next deck on this forum.
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

I think the decks look great, except the handwritten number. That just lets it down.

I love Paul’s work but hate the Patron selling model. Hearing from those who did elect to do the Patron thing and then quit after getting nothing from it is hardly a mandate either.

I would have loved to have added this to my collection, but alas, I was not allowed to unless I paid a membership fee (and even then it wasn’t guaranteed).

Edit Oh and don’t get me started on Radia. Massively disappointing for me, many of my cards had surface scratches and localised indentations that bordered on creases.
joeblow

Unread post by joeblow »

What was the net price of these with fees and deck?
aznh

Unread post by aznh »

joeblow wrote:What was the net price of these with fees and deck?
$20 Initial deposit
$70 Balance
+ Shipping
Cheffboii

Unread post by Cheffboii »

Trades anyone? I'll make it worth your time!
akicer
White Whale: Encarded 2020 Patreon deck

Unread post by akicer »

Man I am FAST!!!!
Attachments
IMG_2327.JPG
https://portfolio52.com/profile/2276/tradelist" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spectre
Decks Owned: 3000

Unread post by Spectre »

I'm pretty envious. Sure looks like a gorgeous deck.