Virtuoso FW17 (Fall/Winter), 19 December

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
flashcards
Cardist: Yes
Collector: Yes
Decks Owned: 600

Re: Virtuoso FW17 (Fall/Winter), 19 December

Unread post by flashcards »

latest Email:

Hello,
On behalf of my team, we are very, very, sorry. Our site has crashed due to the immense amount of traffic visiting it right now. And we we assure you that we are in the midst of fixing it RIGHT NOW.

We ask for your forgiveness and understanding regarding this situation. This is unintentional, extremely, unexpected, and has never ever happened for any of our launches before, as our site is typically well prepared for high volume periods such as this.

We are fixing this whole situation right now and working as quickly as we can. Thank you so much for your support and patience.

We would also like to assure you that everyone with Early Bird access will still get early access once the site is back up and running.The site will only be able open to the public after the early bird period.

Thank you so much for your understanding. We are very frustrated at this situation and completely understand the frustration you might be feeling right now.

We take your time very seriously, and would never take you for granted as a follower and customer of ours. Yet the unpredictability of technology can be extremely frustrating, and we recognize that this inconvenience is our fault.

I will email you again the moment this situation is fixed and the site is back up.Thank you so much for your patience, and understanding. We greatly appreciate your support.

Huron
On behalf of the entire Virtuoso team
Copyright © 2017 Virtuoso Card Company Pte Ltd, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to get notified on the next edition of the Virtuoso deck! If you're not interested in receiving early access, exclusive videos, or time-sensitive updates for our upcoming deck, simply unsubscribe for these privileges to be permanently removed.

Our mailing address is:
Virtuoso Card Company Pte Ltd
8 Bright Hill Crescent
Singapore 579667
Singapore
badpete69
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

4.of.Clubs wrote:Anyone have a link to the order page? This page is working but no order button (https://thevirts.com/fw17/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Thanks,
sorry we can't divulge the secret early bird page hehehehe
flashcards
Decks Owned: 600

Unread post by flashcards »

So now, instead of going back to bed I have to sit by the computer to make sure I don't miss the earlybird email. This hobby is killing me...
badpete69

who goes back to bed at 8am hehehehe dont worry there will be plenty of decks for everyone

BTW i made it in until the add to cart then it crashed again
badpete69

Update Finally got order in and it only took 3 hours hehehe.... I think the site is still down but a few randoms refreshes got me in step by step then it would crash again.. Anyway hopefully they fix it soon enough
jerichoholic
White Whale: Many
Decks Owned: 4800

Unread post by jerichoholic »

Skip the hassle, just buy them elsewhere, everyone else is already selling them. It's not worth losing sleep for a free deck.
Save 10% at Playing Card Decks here - https://app.marsello.com/Portal/Custom/ ... 561772eaee
Save 10% at Card Addiction here using code VJOSE32 - https://card-addiction.com/?ref=1efow7c06m
Check out my collection - http://portfolio52.com/profile/124
Check out my reviews - https://www.youtube.com/vjose32
The Card Club - https://www.facebook.com/groups/vjose32
Instagram - http://www.instagram.com/vjose32
Game Collection - https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/vjose32
badpete69

I dont think anyone is losing sleep over these decks... There will be plenty around
badpete69

For a mere markup of 30% plus you can now get them here

https://shop.52kards.com/products/virtuoso
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Unlike the Fontaine's I think after the 1st deck this series lost sizzle. I think the Fontaine's might be heading in that direction too. And by sizzle I mean aftermarket resale value.
badpete69

Most likely true... This color is actually my favorite so far so I got a couple decks ... Looks like the launch is delayed for a few days for now
Myv

Unread post by Myv »

That yellow fontaine, yuck...
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

badpete69 wrote:Most likely true... This color is actually my favorite so far so I got a couple decks ... Looks like the launch is delayed for a few days for now
Time to buy more server space :lol: Just like E after the Red LTD release and Lee Asher about 9 years ago during his annual/semi-annual J-Nug sales.
shermjack
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by shermjack »

vasta41 wrote:Unlike the Fontaine's I think after the 1st deck this series lost sizzle. I think the Fontaine's might be heading in that direction too. And by sizzle I mean aftermarket resale value.
I don't know...The first three are still increasing in value in the after market, though last year's deck wasn't as well received and the price reflects that. I personally think that this year's deck will fair off better than last year and will increase in value in the coming years.

On the other hand, I think that the Fontaines have hit their peak and from now on, the new releases will not command as high as a price as the first three or four...the after market value of all the decks after the Pink version has been around 30-40 without much movement. Due to the almost simultaneous releases, I think that Zach has over diluted his brand. ;)
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
shaitani
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Unread post by shaitani »

It's hard to say with Fontaines, ZM pumped out 4 decks this year (sleight, green, carrots, chinatown)
While it's the cardists that drive the price on these, it's hard to gauge the overall hype for them.

But I will say that this might be my favorite deck of his oddly, I didn't get a strong look at them when I went to the Pop up event, but the card faces appeared to possibly be custom.
The indices and the lines of the fontaine Fs, etc, have a wavy hand drawn quality to them. Even the courts appeared to be different than normal, but we'll need court experts to tell me just how different. I think it's purposely trying to look like a "chinatown knockoff" product which is the whole Chinatown Market brand theme. So it isn't just another recolor like the majority of the fontaines.
qua2k

Unread post by qua2k »

has anyone received the re-launch e-mail? seems each e-mail received has the wrong ETA on it...
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

Came in at 11am EST. No problem ordering.
qua2k

Unread post by qua2k »

hikeeba wrote:Came in at 11am EST. No problem ordering.
interesting.. i got the e-mail yesterday saying in 26 hours but nothing this morning, checked spam folders everything.... :?

-edit- just went to the site and ordered that way, no problems either.
alric

Unread post by alric »

I think the Virts printed 50,000 of these decks. If that's actually the case, these will be available for a while and I don't think these will shoot up on price like the earlier editions. Buy these to appreciate cardistry, not to resell later for big profits.
badpete69

My decks came in a few days ago so shipping was fairly fast... Well packaged also. Thumbs up
DelMagic

Unread post by DelMagic »

Available with a discount here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24307" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

So per the latest update: "Art of Play has informed us that it will take them approximately 4-6 weeks to finish shipping the remaining orders...and that Art of Play is already working as quickly as they possibly can." I'm not usually one to complain about shipping time but I hate when people lie to blatantly cover up laziness or worse, incompetence. IT DOES NOT TAKE 8 WEEKS TO SHIP LESS THAN 2,500 PLAYING CARDS. I'm assuming they sold a lot less than that but the point remains that they are 100% not working "as fast as they can" if it's taking them 8 weeks to ship a few thousand decks (2 weeks have passed plus the 6 weeks-from-now projection). My 92 year old arthritis-ridden grandfather could pack and ship decks quicker than that.
Again, I don't care how long these take to come in (unless it gets to be Mana status...) but I HATE how they're lying. And by "they" I don't mean the Virts, I mean the effing Bucks. What is really going on here? Something surly is because this timeline is ASININE.
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

Vasta,

Did you check your spam folder? I too was angry about the slow pack + ship but in my spam was my tracking number.

I still think it's b.s. to take that long unless they gave away and sold 25,000 or so, not 2500.
Move on, nothing to see here.
kulidone

Unread post by kulidone »

vasta41 wrote:So per the latest update: "Art of Play has informed us that it will take them approximately 4-6 weeks to finish shipping the remaining orders...and that Art of Play is already working as quickly as they possibly can." I'm not usually one to complain about shipping time but I hate when people lie to blatantly cover up laziness or worse, incompetence. IT DOES NOT TAKE 8 WEEKS TO SHIP LESS THAN 2,500 PLAYING CARDS. I'm assuming they sold a lot less than that but the point remains that they are 100% not working "as fast as they can" if it's taking them 8 weeks to ship a few thousand decks (2 weeks have passed plus the 6 weeks-from-now projection). My 92 year old arthritis-ridden grandfather could pack and ship decks quicker than that.
Again, I don't care how long these take to come in (unless it gets to be Mana status...) but I HATE how they're lying. And by "they" I don't mean the Virts, I mean the effing Bucks. What is really going on here? Something surly is because this timeline is ASININE.

I really dont think they sold just 2500 playing cards I mean its Virtuoso after all and they were giving a free deck to everyone worldwide. Besides Art of Play are maybe shipping currently other decks for example Fontaines etc, but 6-8 weeks its too much.
qua2k

Unread post by qua2k »

still no deck and no tracking has been sent :(
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

qua2k wrote:still no deck and no tracking has been sent :(
I got my tracking number but it stucked in the same place for 11 days and no update till now.
Pablo393
Decks Owned: 634

Unread post by Pablo393 »

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a tracking number and then my decks arrived soon after. I hope yours arrive soon.
Decknowledgy

Unread post by Decknowledgy »

FYI, The Virts have been massively advertising the end of this "Phase 1" as they call it with several giveaways on their Instagram, and literally giving away free Virtuoso FW17s on their site, charging only shipping for one deck. There are also several deals and cardistry tutorials on sale on their site

Info on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/thevirts/
Official site: https://www.thevirts.com/fw17/

The sale just dropped two hours ago, although I think you have to sign before the release to get a free deck? (Not sure if it works now)
"We look at the present through a rear-view mirror; we walk backwards into the future."
                        -- Marshall McLuhan (Media Theory Giant)
Decknowledgy™ (Ted)
Instagram Reviews: https://www.instagram.com/decknowledgy

Portfolio 52
JacksandJokers
✔ VERIFIED Seller
✔ VERIFIED Seller

Unread post by JacksandJokers »

Decknowledgy wrote:The sale just dropped two hours ago, although I think you have to sign before the release to get a free deck? (Not sure if it works now)
Appears to be working still, I just ordered 1.
$6 shipping to the US or $14 to the UK :D
Outsider

Unread post by Outsider »

Thanks for the heads up, for $6 shipped who could resist?

PS - I have never used the site before and obviously never signed in, I had zero issues getting the free deck.