Virtuoso FW17 (Fall/Winter), 19 December

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.

Re: Virtuoso FW17 (Fall/Winter), 19 December

Unread postby Myv » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:03 am  

That yellow fontaine, yuck...
Myv
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby vasta41 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:07 am  

badpete69 wrote:Most likely true... This color is actually my favorite so far so I got a couple decks ... Looks like the launch is delayed for a few days for now

Time to buy more server space :lol: Just like E after the Red LTD release and Lee Asher about 9 years ago during his annual/semi-annual J-Nug sales.
*FOR SALE* Many decks in my collection: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8109#p96826.
vasta41
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby shermjack » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 am  

vasta41 wrote:Unlike the Fontaine's I think after the 1st deck this series lost sizzle. I think the Fontaine's might be heading in that direction too. And by sizzle I mean aftermarket resale value.

I don't know...The first three are still increasing in value in the after market, though last year's deck wasn't as well received and the price reflects that. I personally think that this year's deck will fair off better than last year and will increase in value in the coming years.

On the other hand, I think that the Fontaines have hit their peak and from now on, the new releases will not command as high as a price as the first three or four...the after market value of all the decks after the Pink version has been around 30-40 without much movement. Due to the almost simultaneous releases, I think that Zach has over diluted his brand. ;)
A deck a day helps keep the addiction at bay!

Check out my collection on Instagram @caratcasecreations
shermjack
Ace
Ace

Unread postby shaitani » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:20 pm  

It's hard to say with Fontaines, ZM pumped out 4 decks this year (sleight, green, carrots, chinatown)
While it's the cardists that drive the price on these, it's hard to gauge the overall hype for them.

But I will say that this might be my favorite deck of his oddly, I didn't get a strong look at them when I went to the Pop up event, but the card faces appeared to possibly be custom.
The indices and the lines of the fontaine Fs, etc, have a wavy hand drawn quality to them. Even the courts appeared to be different than normal, but we'll need court experts to tell me just how different. I think it's purposely trying to look like a "chinatown knockoff" product which is the whole Chinatown Market brand theme. So it isn't just another recolor like the majority of the fontaines.
shaitani
Sentinel
Sentinel

Unread postby qua2k » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:27 pm  

has anyone received the re-launch e-mail? seems each e-mail received has the wrong ETA on it...
qua2k
Lurker
Lurker

Unread postby hikeeba » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:20 pm  

Came in at 11am EST. No problem ordering.
hikeeba
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby qua2k » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:30 pm  

hikeeba wrote:Came in at 11am EST. No problem ordering.

interesting.. i got the e-mail yesterday saying in 26 hours but nothing this morning, checked spam folders everything.... :?

-edit- just went to the site and ordered that way, no problems either.
qua2k
Lurker
Lurker

Unread postby alric » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:49 pm  

I think the Virts printed 50,000 of these decks. If that's actually the case, these will be available for a while and I don't think these will shoot up on price like the earlier editions. Buy these to appreciate cardistry, not to resell later for big profits.
alric
Sentinel
Sentinel

Unread postby badpete69 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:26 pm  

My decks came in a few days ago so shipping was fairly fast... Well packaged also. Thumbs up
badpete69
Über member
Über member

Unread postby DelMagic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:02 pm  

Available with a discount here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24307
DelMagic
Veteran
Veteran

Unread postby vasta41 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:17 am  

So per the latest update: "Art of Play has informed us that it will take them approximately 4-6 weeks to finish shipping the remaining orders...and that Art of Play is already working as quickly as they possibly can." I'm not usually one to complain about shipping time but I hate when people lie to blatantly cover up laziness or worse, incompetence. IT DOES NOT TAKE 8 WEEKS TO SHIP LESS THAN 2,500 PLAYING CARDS. I'm assuming they sold a lot less than that but the point remains that they are 100% not working "as fast as they can" if it's taking them 8 weeks to ship a few thousand decks (2 weeks have passed plus the 6 weeks-from-now projection). My 92 year old arthritis-ridden grandfather could pack and ship decks quicker than that.
Again, I don't care how long these take to come in (unless it gets to be Mana status...) but I HATE how they're lying. And by "they" I don't mean the Virts, I mean the effing Bucks. What is really going on here? Something surly is because this timeline is ASININE.
*FOR SALE* Many decks in my collection: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8109#p96826.
vasta41
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Unread postby RichK » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:51 am  

Vasta,

Did you check your spam folder? I too was angry about the slow pack + ship but in my spam was my tracking number.

I still think it's b.s. to take that long unless they gave away and sold 25,000 or so, not 2500.
Move on, nothing to see here.
RichK
Ace
Ace

Unread postby kulidone » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:56 am  

vasta41 wrote:So per the latest update: "Art of Play has informed us that it will take them approximately 4-6 weeks to finish shipping the remaining orders...and that Art of Play is already working as quickly as they possibly can." I'm not usually one to complain about shipping time but I hate when people lie to blatantly cover up laziness or worse, incompetence. IT DOES NOT TAKE 8 WEEKS TO SHIP LESS THAN 2,500 PLAYING CARDS. I'm assuming they sold a lot less than that but the point remains that they are 100% not working "as fast as they can" if it's taking them 8 weeks to ship a few thousand decks (2 weeks have passed plus the 6 weeks-from-now projection). My 92 year old arthritis-ridden grandfather could pack and ship decks quicker than that.
Again, I don't care how long these take to come in (unless it gets to be Mana status...) but I HATE how they're lying. And by "they" I don't mean the Virts, I mean the effing Bucks. What is really going on here? Something surly is because this timeline is ASININE.

I really dont think they sold just 2500 playing cards I mean its Virtuoso after all and they were giving a free deck to everyone worldwide. Besides Art of Play are maybe shipping currently other decks for example Fontaines etc, but 6-8 weeks its too much.
kulidone
Initiate
Initiate

Previous

Return to New & Custom Decks