Icelandair deck

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
Räpylätassu
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Icelandair deck

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

This is not a new deck by any means, but it's custom, cool looking and it does not have it's own thread so what the heck. The Icelandair deck, printed by Cartamundi and sold only at Icelandair flights in or out of Iceland (as far as I know anyway). The cards are bridge sized, have a boring back and extremely good looking courts.

The courts feature Old Norse Gods such as Odin and Thor, Loki as the single Joker.

Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Re: Icelandair deck

Unread post by RichK »

It's not the worst back I've seen. It's 2 way which I think is nice for a cheap deck of cards you'd buy for a plane flight.
Move on, nothing to see here.
MagikFingerz
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cardist: Yes
Magician: Yes
White Whale: Sawdust and Delicious + uncuts

Unread post by MagikFingerz »

I know I've seen this here before, but I can't remember which thread. But it obviously did not have its own, judging by search results.

It's certainly a decent deck by novelty deck standards.
- Tom

Check out my collection

My (abandoned and now severely outdated) Playing Card Wiki
PrincessTrouble

Unread post by PrincessTrouble »

MagikFingerz wrote:I know I've seen this here before, but I can't remember which thread. But it obviously did not have its own, judging by search results.
It was in the White Whale thread.
Bikefanatic
Decks Owned: 333

Unread post by Bikefanatic »

I didn't think of this deck when I flown the airlines twice already. Well maybe next time on the way to Iceland.
"When I like something, I buy. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist.

When I don't like something, I pass. No matter who did it, how many were printed or how many (re)colors exist."

-Lotrek

*MY PORTFOLIO52 PROFILE https://portfolio52.com/profile/26674

* MY SELLER REVIEW viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16586
Räpylätassu

I have decided that if anyone wants to buy me a deck of these, I am willing to sell for a 25 € per deck. I have two decks unopened. You can also always to accuire one by a trade.

Those that are wondering about the expensive price, well right now I don't see anyone else having them for sale online and the only way to get one is to fly to Iceland, so I guess that at least for now I get to set the price.

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

Räpylätassu wrote:I have decided that if anyone wants to buy me a deck of these, I am willing to sell for a 25 € per deck[....]Those that are wondering about the expensive price, well right now I don't see anyone else having them for sale online and the only [way] to get one is to fly to Iceland, so I guess that at least for now I get to set the price.
Extortion, sir! Price-gouging of the highest order! Have you no shame?! :ugthink:

Sadly I'll have to get over the back design before I can tell you to shut up and take my money. For an ad deck it really isn't that bad, but I've always hated prominent logos and branding....
Räpylätassu

Merlebird wrote:
Räpylätassu wrote:I have decided that if anyone wants to buy me a deck of these, I am willing to sell for a 25 € per deck[....]Those that are wondering about the expensive price, well right now I don't see anyone else having them for sale online and the only [way] to get one is to fly to Iceland, so I guess that at least for now I get to set the price.
Extortion, sir! Price-gouging of the highest order! Have you no shame?! :ugthink:

Sadly I'll have to get over the back design before I can tell you to shut up and take my money. For an ad deck it really isn't that bad, but I've always hated prominent logos and branding....
Buy a deck and I'll give away one pair of those awful printed Jeu des Cartes 1900's for free :D

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Räpylätassu

One deck sold, one remaining :D

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
ICantShuffle
White Whale: Bicycle Venexianas
Decks Owned: 270

Unread post by ICantShuffle »

I was debating on whether or not to buy both the ones you had available. :)
Räpylätassu

And the other deck sold too! I am offically out of unopened Icelandair decks.

I'll see if I can get more of these, my dad gets to take business trips to States on occasion and flies through Iceland to get there but then again my mom just retired from work and dad has been talking about buying a house in Italy so we'll see how many business trips he will end up taking anymore.

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
Räpylätassu

I found out that you can buy this deck from the amazing playing card site that Eric Lee posted about out for 30 USD per deck LINK HERE.

You can buy this deck for 5 € from Icelandair's website but it's only available if you fly in or out of Iceland on Icelandair planes.

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE