Ellusionist Team deck

Find out about the latest and greatest playing cards hitting the market.
CBJ
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
Decks Owned: 2000

Ellusionist Team deck

Unread post by CBJ »

I had seen this a whole back in the background of an Ellusionist pic, but I had no idea what it was. Well, it's on ebay today

"The E Team deck was reserved for Ellusionist staff members ONLY. Less then 10 people have ever held a deck in their hands. It is rarest of the rare.
Limited edition."

Jay
CBJ

Are you a Bicycle collector? Come join the Facebook group: www.BicycleCardCollectors.com
shaitani
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Artistic Spring

Re: Ellusionist Team deck

Unread post by shaitani »

This deck is a weird one, I've seen it around before as well, and the only way it's actually super rare is if it's a tuck swap, otherwise E has been holding onto hundreds for a long time that they plan on releasing at some point via promo.
So buying these on ebay is a gamble whether it's actually rare vs an upcoming release.
badpete69
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by badpete69 »

shaitani wrote:This deck is a weird one, I've seen it around before as well, and the only way it's actually super rare is if it's a tuck swap, otherwise E has been holding onto hundreds for a long time that they plan on releasing at some point via promo.
So buying these on ebay is a gamble whether it's actually rare vs an upcoming release.
When Jay showed me that earlier I thought the same thing. Plus that seller also has the kitten deck which will also be released at some point .. $100 is indeed a big gamble
Thedissident001

Unread post by Thedissident001 »

This deck is included in that “wristband” promotion they are currently running. You draw the band with that design and you get that deck.

So I dare say the rarity is going evaporate dependent of course on how many winning bands they distribute
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Notice the one in the center.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

On sale now for $10 if you take the blue pill: https://www.ellusionist.com/make-your-choice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

They say the only time it will be for sale is now. HAH! I guarantee you, they will put it on sale again, because they most likely have that 2500 decks of this and someday in the not so distant future, they get tired of sitting on stockipile of over 2000 of these.

White Rounders were supposed to be the last deck to use the Madison logo remember and since then they have released countless recolors of decks with that logo.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Räpylätassu wrote:They say the only time it will be for sale is now. HAH! I guarantee you, they will put it on sale again, because they most likely have that 2500 decks of this and someday in the not so distant future, they get tired of sitting on stockipile of over 2000 of these.

White Rounders were supposed to be the last deck to use the Madison logo remember and since then they have released countless recolors of decks with that logo.
E is the best at devaluing decks but I still took a flier on it since it was only $10. Also D&D said they'd stop making S&M decks about 5 colors in and still released 2 more AND a redux box set. These companies love to do this. So I wouldn't be surprised if E released one more "super secret ultra limited edition never told be sold to the public" color.
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

Show us a court card, E, for cripes's sake... I don't care if it's $10, I'm not paying good money for courts I don't like.
vasta41
Card Oracle
Card Oracle

Unread post by vasta41 »

Merlebird wrote:Show us a court card, E, for cripes's sake... I don't care if it's $10, I'm not paying good money for courts I don't like.
If I'm not mistaken 100% of the time a court card isn't shown on E that means they are standard. It's a good rule of thumb in this trade for all companies/projects. I can only think of one instance where the initial pics of a newly released deck didn't show court cards and it turned out they were custom (a T11 deck if my memory serves?).
Merlebird
White Whale: Moon Prism + Dondorf Saks
Decks Owned: 212

Unread post by Merlebird »

vasta41 wrote:
Merlebird wrote:Show us a court card, E, for cripes's sake... I don't care if it's $10, I'm not paying good money for courts I don't like.
If I'm not mistaken 100% of the time a court card isn't shown on E that means they are standard. It's a good rule of thumb in this trade for all companies/projects. I can only think of one instance where the initial pics of a newly released deck didn't show court cards and it turned out they were custom (a T11 deck if my memory serves?).
I'm used to assuming it for KS campaigns, but sometimes sellers aren't as good about making sure pictures are posted. There weren't court pictures on this listing when it went up, for example, despite courts being fully custom. (They've since added some, thankfully.)
Räpylätassu
White Whale: Black Palekh from 1937
Decks Owned: 700

Unread post by Räpylätassu »

The lack of pictures always speaks for the fact that there is nothing to show. Good design will speak for itself, bad decks need hype manufactured around them.
Left my heart in SIERRA MADRE

"Finding it... that's not the hard part. It's letting go."

"One makes a trip by day, but by night one sets out on a journey." -Moominmamma

I dream of a world where wars are fought only by having dance offs. I also dream that a Finnish playing card designer would exist. The former seems more likely to happend.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a penguin. Have you ever met a sad person with a penguin?

Are lobsters mermaids to scorpions?

"I did not hit her, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not hit her, I did naaaht! Oh hai Mark!"

MY TRADELIST

MY TOP 150 DECKS

MY PORTFOLIO52 PAGE
phantom1412

Unread post by phantom1412 »

E mentioned in their instagram that there are 10,000 of these printed
gcxmr2

Unread post by gcxmr2 »

Found this review of this deck on reddit posted by user matthewwitt2.
https://youtu.be/qBc_uEjUKec" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He shows the faces.
PipChick
White Whale: StrangeLove + Italian Cats
Decks Owned: 200

Unread post by PipChick »

The tuck case and the small details on the courts are the only real design aspects that somewhat appeal to me; the backs are really disappointing and I hate the unfilled hearts and pips :( just overall a big let down IMO and I'm gunna have to pass on these.
hikeeba

Unread post by hikeeba »

https://www.ellusionist.com/super-sale-event" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the "super sale"
RichK
Decks Owned: 250

Unread post by RichK »

PipChick wrote:The tuck case and the small details on the courts are the only real design aspects that somewhat appeal to me; the backs are really disappointing and I hate the unfilled hearts and pips :( just overall a big let down IMO and I'm gunna have to pass on these.
Red Sharpie fixes the problem. :D
Move on, nothing to see here.
TheGentlemanWake
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer
Decks Owned: 1000

Unread post by TheGentlemanWake »

I actually really like this deck. Check out my review below...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwYtTrt ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
For the best in playing cards related content:

https://www.wake.video/youtube